November 20, 2017, 01:21:13 AM

Author Topic: Quick tutorial on posting tables  (Read 1119 times)

Offline B

• HOF Member
Quick tutorial on posting tables
« on: April 01, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »
I keep making a mess of it. Any chance of getting a quick tutorial?
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
Re: Quick tutorial on posting tables
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 06:16:56 PM »
They can be a real pain even for people with coding abilities. You just need to understand their layouts.

I'll give a quick this and that.

<table> - This is your header
<tr> - This is your row
<td][/td> - This is your cell
</tr> - This ends the row
</table> - This ends the table

Here's a simple table example.
How Awesome Am I?
Scale of 1-10?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Straight Up Gangster?
Yes No

I made 2 rows each with 1 block of information. Very basic text and format. The idea of making a table is for it to be easily presentable, colorful, and precise. That there is a very ugly table. If I didn't know code I wouldn't even bother making any because they'd look like an amateur did them.

The main issue with people trying to post tables here is they're code illiterate. They might think the only table format is the one they give you here. It's not, you can change your font, header, colors, number your columns, adjust the size of the table etc. You just need to know what to type and where. I learned to write code creating mods for an older PC game when I was 15. It's been pretty helpful so far, and it can be a nice timesink if you ain't got nothing to do for a while. Learning code might not be for you, but if you want to make nice tables you should look into it. You don't need to take classes as there plenty of sites to help people get started and it's really easy to begin with.