September 24, 2017, 07:13:40 AM

Author Topic: The Official Eagles @ Packers Pre-season Game Day Thread  (Read 16799 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
The Official Eagles @ Packers Pre-season Game Day Thread
« on: August 26, 2015, 12:02:36 PM »
Join us as the Eagles come to Lambeau to play the Packers.

Game starts at 7:00pm Central.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:09:18 PM by LMGAdmin »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: The Official Eagles @ Packers Pre-season Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 12:18:44 PM »
I heard the game will be on NBC so perhaps those of us outside WI will be able to see this game live.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »
It will be on NBC26 which is a GB local affiliate and part of the Packers State TV network.

Link
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:35:41 PM by LMGAdmin »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 07:58:48 PM »
Apparently, at leasrt from what I heard at "G&G" that Bakhtiari, Sitton and Lang will not be playing Saturday. I was very concerned about AR with Barclay at LT- the thought of having him behind a decimated OL is very, very scary. That, and Tolzien going through the concussion protocol could mean a lot of snaps for the third and fourth string QB's. Personally, I think MM will keep AR on the sidelines, having gotten a scare from last week's miscalculation.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline JPPlaya

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 09:01:04 PM »
I expect Rodgers to play little to none (probably more like none) this week and I think that is wise. I think we are going to get a good look at Hundley with the ones. Then extended time from Blanchard. This probably wont result in the most asthetic dress rehearsal pre season game, but it will probably be good for Hundley to get that PT.

With this, I would tend to think, if the OL is cleared to play, we will see at least see a series or 2 in the pre season finale from Rodgers and the starters. The if he's cleared, Tolzien will play a good half or more in that game too. MM expressed desire to get Tolzien more PT this pre-season in his presser today.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:02:13 PM by JPPlaya »

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 10:17:46 PM »

Interesting......
The 3rd preseason game generally is when teams do the final run thru with the starters - giving them a half to get their legs under them.
We wont be doing that. This has been an odd TC in my book.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 10:57:25 PM »
Well some of the starters have injury issues and I look at it as they have been resting them to get them ready for the long season ahead.

I'm ok with that and giving the backups/potential starters time on the field to make the roster is more prevelant....IMHO.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 06:48:05 AM »
Well some of the starters have injury issues and I look at it as they have been resting them to get them ready for the long season ahead.
I'm ok with that and giving the backups/potential starters time on the field to make the roster is more prevelant....IMHO.

Agree. No argument from me about how GB's handling things - especially with the OL issues, I'd not put #12 back there till things are sorted out and safe again. Its just contrary to past "league-wide" procedure is all.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 07:31:50 AM »
It will be on NBC26 which is a GB local affiliate and part of the Packers State TV network.

Link

Rats.   :(  I hope I can find a decent live stream this weekend so I can see some of it.  Otherwise I'll have to wait until the replay on the NFLN Sunday morning.   :-\

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 07:33:24 AM »
Apparently, at leasrt from what I heard at "G&G" that Bakhtiari, Sitton and Lang will not be playing Saturday. I was very concerned about AR with Barclay at LT- the thought of having him behind a decimated OL is very, very scary. That, and Tolzien going through the concussion protocol could mean a lot of snaps for the third and fourth string QB's. Personally, I think MM will keep AR on the sidelines, having gotten a scare from last week's miscalculation.

This could be a blessing in disguise so we can see a LOT of Hundley and Blanchard on Saturday. 

Offline maxman44

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 08:42:38 AM »
With 60% of the starting OL out I'd prefer ARod to not play at all

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 05:33:03 PM »
Demovsky is reporting that it is unlikely that Aaron Rodgers will play.  We will see a lot of Hundley and Blanchard.  I am OK with that.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 06:26:51 PM »
This is a great opportunity for those 2 young QBs to show us what they can do.   cheese)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 11:12:29 PM »

Link

Rats.   :(  I hope I can find a decent live stream this weekend so I can see some of it.  Otherwise I'll have to wait until the replay on the NFLN Sunday morning.   :-\

Double Rats...\ - : #

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 03:08:10 PM »
The O line may feature extended play from interesting prospects like like Vujnovich, Taylor, Tretter, Rotheram, Walker and Ebbele. Plenty to be learned there.

Then there is a ton of playing time available for QBs three and four. I do hope they have both learned NOT to run backwards when their protection breaks down. Blanchard was caught doing just that, week one, and Hundley repeated it week two.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"