September 23, 2017, 06:12:35 AM

Author Topic: The Official New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers Pre-season Game Day Thread  (Read 11022 times)

Offline Bama Pack Fan

• Starter
With Cobb and Montgomery dinged up, I wonder if we go with 6 WR.

Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Janis, White, Abby (PR as well)
After tonight, I think it is a possibility.  Abby made a statement.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
Subs looked good tonight...tough cuts coming up.

True story! It sounds and looks like, based upon the box score, that like ALOT of these youngsters played really well tonight:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791769

Excellent game for Crockett tonight, both running and catching the football.

On defense, Jean Fanor, of Arena Football fame, led the team in tackles and McCarren reported he was laying some licks on Saints tonight. He's listed at 6' and 205 pounds, so he's a solidly built guy!

The Packers will have to let some of these promising youngsters go, but they may have made somebody else's squad with their play tonight!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:26:25 PM by JQ »

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
On defense, Jean Fanor, of Arena Football fame, led the team in tackles and McCarren reported he was laying some licks on Saints tonight. He's listed at 6' and 205 pounds, so he's a solidly built guy!

Fanor is one of the guys that I am really going to hate to see go.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member

I didn't see the game, is there any chance you could expand on that?

Offline B

• HOF Member

I didn't see the game, is there any chance you could expand on that?

That he caught 1 of 4 passes thrown his way for 6 yards. 3 punt returns for 10.7 and was biled out on a fumble by a zebra calling a penalty

Abby made a whisper, not a statement IMO
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
After watching Hundley again, you really have to wonder about the over analysis of players since the draft schedule was moved back to April.

I mean, I alway thought Hundley was a first round or second round prospect.

How this guy lasted to the fifth is really weird.

And Janis looks like he is going to mature this year.

A lot of teams are going to be looking at our cuts.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
Well since we won't get the TV broadcast on the West coast here in Reno (we get the 49ers) we rely on you to give us the  ongoing....along with Wayne and Larry on the Packers radio network.

popcorn)

The game also will not be shown down here in southwest FL (I hope the NFLN airs a replay of the game later on) so I'll be listening to Wayne and Larry and eagerly relying on you folks in WI to post here during the game.

NFL Network to replay the Saint-Packer game Saturday 9/5, at 8PM EST
Of all the times they could have chosen, they chose the worst. That is the exact same time as the Wisconsin/Alabama game. So, I'll have to DvR it so I can actually watch.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member

I think it will depend upon how many TEs and/or FBs we keep.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Well since we won't get the TV broadcast on the West coast here in Reno (we get the 49ers) we rely on you to give us the  ongoing....along with Wayne and Larry on the Packers radio network.

popcorn)

The game also will not be shown down here in southwest FL (I hope the NFLN airs a replay of the game later on) so I'll be listening to Wayne and Larry and eagerly relying on you folks in WI to post here during the game.

NFL Network to replay the Saint-Packer game Saturday 9/5, at 8PM EST
Of all the times they could have chosen, they chose the worst. That is the exact same time as the Wisconsin/Alabama game. So, I'll have to DvR it so I can actually watch.

Oh no!   :-\

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
That he caught 1 of 4 passes thrown his way for 6 yards. 3 punt returns for 10.7 and was biled out on a fumble by a zebra calling a penalty

Agreed - although I'm unsure what to expect from the guy. Not ragging on him, I've absolutely no dog in this hunt. I'm simply admitting I have no basis to make an evaluation. Last night was his first field time since...."whenever" in terms of performance - and his history is so full of holes that I've no foundation to build on. I'm along for the ride on this guy - but have some concerns/doubts about his durability.   

Offline B

• HOF Member

Agreed - although I'm unsure what to expect from the guy. Not ragging on him, I've absolutely no dog in this hunt. I'm simply admitting I have no basis to make an evaluation. Last night was his first field time since...."whenever" in terms of performance - and his history is so full of holes that I've no foundation to build on. I'm along for the ride on this guy - but have some concerns/doubts about his durability.

Me too. I like Abby and love his spirit. He may have earned a spot on the practice squad by fighting through the most recent concussion and based upon potential he flashed in college, but he has done nothing in pads as a pro to have earned a roster spot or proven anything beyond that
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline craig

• HOF Member
I've assumed Abby was just playing for a shot at the practice squad. 

But, maybe he does have an outside shot for a temporary spot on the 53.  Why?  Not only is Nelson is out for the season, but:
1.  Cobb is injured.
2.  Montgomery is injured.
3.  Pinkard is injured.

Maybe all three of those guys will be ready to play full-speed full-game when the season begins. 

But they may want to carry an extra receiver behind Adams/White/Janis, whether the extra is Abby or an UDFA.   

If Cobb and Montgomery are both fine after a week or three, and no other injuries emerge, then perhaps the "extra" receiver could then get cut when Jones and/or Guion return. 

Offline favre_4_ever

• Starter
Hope we can keep Pinkard somehow (IR or practice squad), he looked really nice.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
I've assumed Abby was just playing for a shot at the practice squad. 

But, maybe he does have an outside shot for a temporary spot on the 53.  Why?  Not only is Nelson is out for the season, but:
1.  Cobb is injured.
2.  Montgomery is injured.
3.  Pinkard is injured.

Maybe all three of those guys will be ready to play full-speed full-game when the season begins. 

But they may want to carry an extra receiver behind Adams/White/Janis, whether the extra is Abby or an UDFA.   

If Cobb and Montgomery are both fine after a week or three, and no other injuries emerge, then perhaps the "extra" receiver could then get cut when Jones and/or Guion return.

Was there any report on Pinkard's injury?