November 23, 2017, 12:16:40 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 28864 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:48:20 PM »
At last! Real football! Another chapter in the longest rivalry in NFL history. But, to be honest, this one scares me. A lot. A new coach in Chicago, in their house, and with the recent history of slow starts by the Packers, I chose this (very, very reluctantly) as a Packers loss. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll find out in about a week.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline GreenBlood

• Starter
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 12:23:57 AM »
Packers 38
Bears 20

Miscellaneous predictions:

Shields gets pick6
Lacy 120+ yards
Rodgers complete passes to 9 receivers
Cobb 2 TDs
Janis catches 1 pass... for a touchdown.

Cutler sprains his uterus.

Offline Ron836

• Second String
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 03:19:07 AM »
Feels like a easy win for Green Bay.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 07:11:41 AM »
With AR on your team, its hard to figure in a loss - but - early season games are such a crapshoot. Nowadays, projected starters see less and less of the field during preseason - so is the uneven play a result of that or talent deficiency? Who's to say?

First time outta the box with the new "JN-less" offense. How's it gonna play?  How effective? Preseason certainly gave us no clue.
Possibly minus - or with a dinged RC? (An injury the Pack would be best to be very cautious with IMO).
Question marks abound.....

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 07:29:10 AM »
Packers 38
Bears 20

Miscellaneous predictions:

Shields gets pick6
Lacy 120+ yards
Rodgers complete passes to 9 receivers
Cobb 2 TDs
Janis catches 1 pass... for a touchdown.

Cutler sprains his uterus.

Even suggesting Cutlet is somewhat feminine is an insult to us ladies.   ;)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »
With AR on your team, its hard to figure in a loss - but - early season games are such a crapshoot. Nowadays, projected starters see less and less of the field during preseason - so is the uneven play a result of that or talent deficiency? Who's to say?

First time outta the box with the new "JN-less" offense. How's it gonna play?  How effective? Preseason certainly gave us no clue.
Possibly minus - or with a dinged RC? (An injury the Pack would be best to be very cautious with IMO).
Question marks abound.....

The difference between now and preseason is that there will actually be a "game plan" for both offense and defense. You can bet they have been watching Bears preseason tape to try and identify weak links in the defense.

My biggest concern regarding this game is LT Bakhtiari and how he will perform (if he even plays), and how they plan to protect "The Franchise" blindside.

If they can keep AR upright and clean, the rest is duck soup (IMO).

Plus, we get to play on Soldier Field before it gets shredded, as it does every year. That field surface is a criminal joke.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »
I believe we will win.

My only concern is that we were unable to stop the Chicago offense in the first game last year.  Jay Cutler had to do it for us, and being a helpful, friendly guy he did that by sharing his passes with our defensive backs.  This year our pass defense may suck in the first part of the season until the guys get more experience together.  This may be another game where we are dependent on Chicago mistakes.

The offense will need to score a lot, which I believe they will.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 11:49:26 AM »
I am glad we get to start with the Bears instead of Lions of Vikes.

I think this team has some real problems.  Especially on defense.

They are going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and IMO, they do not have the personnel to do that right now.  And I also think they are short at CB.

On offense, well, what can you say about the signing of Cutler.  Except that it was kind of dumb.

Online cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 05:15:11 PM »
They are down to Jeffery, Bennett, and Forte on offense.  They just cut their starting RT.  Kyle Long will shift to RT and ? will play at RG.  Bushrod is still their LT.  Needless to say their offense is a mess. 

On defense they have some talent in the front 7 but their secondary looks like a disaster outside of Fuller. 

Rodgers should have a day. 

Packers 36 - Bears 17
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 03:37:28 PM »
Mike McCarthy on the Bears-Packers rivalry from his presser:

"It's a rivalry. We aren't going down there to play hopscotch"
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 04:04:15 PM »
They are down to Jeffery, Bennett, and Forte on offense.  They just cut their starting RT.  Kyle Long will shift to RT and ? will play at RG.  Bushrod is still their LT.  Needless to say their offense is a mess. 

On defense they have some talent in the front 7 but their secondary looks like a disaster outside of Fuller. 

Bears are removed 2 seasons from having very good OL... that fell apart in very little time, I was surprised by this news.

Personally I do not think they have much talent in front 7 on defense, especially considering Ratliff is on suspension for game.  Bears gave up 442 points last year... 2nd worst to only the Raiders and a TD more a game than Packers defense.  Briggs and Jennings are gone, Kyle Fuller is maybe only player on that defense lining up this Sunday I would want on the Packers (do not know much about Goldman or Ferguson yet).

I think our offense will put up 30+ points... Packers win if our ST and defense are average.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 05:56:22 PM »
In Chicago. New coach, perhaps a revitalized Cutler? Can the defense stop the run? Can the LBers cover the TE's/RB's? Will the Packers be peeking beyond this week and unconsciously preparing for revenge against Seattle? How effective will the WR's be? Cobb benefited from Nelson getting a lot of attention. Will Cobb be able to handle more coverage, and will Adams be able to be effective as the second, not the third option? Who will be the third WR? A lot of questions, all of which will be answered Sunday.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 07:42:04 AM »
post intended for editing, but I guess I waited too long...

Lots of changes in Chicago, many new players, new defense, new coaching staff, but in many ways the same old bad news bears.

Chicago Bears receiver Eddie Royal apparently doesn’t think his team has an elite quarterback, based on a tweet he sent out on Monday night while watching Ohio State

“We really could use one of them quarterbacks Ohio State got,” Royal quickly deleted it, obviously realizing what kind of foot-in-mouth move he’d just made.

When will players learn that with Social Media: Even when you delete something it is still out there...

Back to the game, the Bears currently hold an edge in the all-time series, with a 93-91-6 record. I am expecting that by the end of 2015 the most storied rivalry in the NFL will be knotted up at 93-93-6. No two teams have met on the gridiron more than the Packers and Bears -- Sunday they face off for the 191st time.

The Packers have won 11 of the last 13 meetings against the Bears (including playoffs). Since MM became head coach, the Packers are 13-6 against the Bears during the regular and postseason - 7-3 in Chicago at what some affectionately refer to as Lambeau South. ;)

Like Mike said, ''We’re Going to Kick Chicago’s Ass!'' the full quote, “We will proudly stand as the 95th team in the history of the Green Bay Packers when we kick Chicago’s ass.”[i/]

« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:54:18 AM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 07:55:59 AM »
Its hard to believe ho mismanaged the Bears have been.

It was not long ago that they were vying with GB for top spot in the conference.

But the combination of bad GMs plus less than stellar coaching since Love Smith left, this has caused the team not just to stall, but  to fall back. 

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 08:33:28 AM »
We need fun factoids because it is da bears week

Cutler is 1-10 as a starter against Green Bay.

Remember when some declared that the Packers were in trouble when da bears signed Cutler  hysterical
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi