September 21, 2017, 04:26:46 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 24838 times)

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 09:11:54 AM »
I'm not worried about Chicago, I worry about us getting off to a slow start.

I do think the Bears will keep games closer with their coaching staff, but their depth of talent still appears to be poor in my eyes.

They will be without Ratliff on the line, possibly Goldman too. For a team transitioning to a new defense, way too many changing pieces and  young players. I would think we will pound the rock with Lacy until they can stop it.

Offensively, if Jeffery doesn't play, and he didn't practice yesterday, who is Jay going to throw to? Royal is decent, but no number 1. Our LBs can close this game out early by stopping Forte and Bennett, what other options does Chicago have?

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 09:14:55 AM »
I'm not worried about Chicago, I worry about us getting off to a slow start.

We start with Chicago. Kick some bare, oops I mean bear arse and the Packers are off to a fast start.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 09:42:23 AM »
It gets worse for the bears.  Apparently Alshon Jeffrey is doubtful for Sunday.

I would expect with issues in the receiver corps and OL, offensive coordinator Adam Gase will work the short to intermediate middle of the field in the passing game, exploiting our coverage issues in the nickel CB and LB's.  This will allow Cutler to get the ball away before the rush has a chance to get to him.

I believe no Jeffrey, no chance for bears though.

"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 11:07:08 AM »
Adam Gase is a very good OC.

In fact, in an article I read, Mike Martz said that Gase is one of the real up and comers as a OC.  He knows how to do the little adjustments that create mismatches.  But that is one side of the ball.

I don't see any way that the Bears can prevent us from scoring a lot of points.  They just have too many holes throughout their defense.  And I do not think they will be able to adapt to a 3-4 this fast.

Offline FAH1223

• Starter
Bears Leadup
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 11:36:35 AM »
We're only 2 games behind the Bears in this historical series.

Our Packers haven't lost at Soldier Field since early in the 2010 Super Bowl Season.

The Bears have a new coaching staff and many new faces all over the roster.

But they still have, as Charles Woodson once mentioned, the "Same Old Jay" at QB.

Matt Forte ran all over our run defense in the first meeting. With the suspension of Guion and Raji looking very ordinary in preseason, the middle of the defense looks very vulnerable. I anticipate the Bears to limit Cutler's attempts and feature Forte and the other backs heavily to keep #12 off the field. I think they'll be successful doing that.

But I see the Pack as the better team and making enough plays to win by a TD... 27-20

Online wonderfulwilly

• Second String
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »
Nothing is a given in the NFL, I hate how people think the Bears will be a walkover.

This will be a good early season test for the defense. Will we see Shields follow Jefferey all over the field? It will be interesting to see how the defense gameplans for a good tight end too. I don't think we'll see Barrington left all alone 1 on 1 all game like in the preseason. If we do, Bennett is going to have a monster game all over the field, including the red zone. I have a feeling the defense will come to play against Forte and the run game. But Bennett could keep them in the game, and Jefferey is a game changer if the secondary has an off day and plays awful zone defense. I have no problem with zone defense, but I am sick of seeing DBs standing flat footed and locked in on watching the quarterback. There is such a thing as picking up your man as he crosses into your zone while still keeping an eye toward the QB.

On offense, the only issue may be coming out of the gates slow. If the Packers get off to a fast start I would expect them to keep the good times rolling all day. Look for a 50/50 pass run split, with a healthy dose of Starks to keep Lacy from nearing 25 touches. But, then again, I think about last year and how bad the offense looked at times on the road. It's a new season and Chicago fans still have hope for the season, being 0-0 and all. Rodgers may struggle a bit.

Meh. Nothing is a given. Packers take it 27-16.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 01:58:44 PM »
The only thing I care about is the W.  It really doesn't matter what the score is.  We don't get extra credit for blowouts.  This isn't the NCAA.

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 12:21:12 PM »
Elsewhere I have written about Aaron's incredible Bear slaying statistics... channeling my best Paul Harvey imitation: Now for the rest of the story...

On the otherhand, Jay Cutler, the Bears quarterback is 1-10 lifetime against Packers with a 67.1 passer rating -- 151 of 352 passing for 2,456 yards, 14 touchdowns and 21 interceptions... facepalm)

Man it must suck to be a bears fan  hysterical

The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 01:33:57 PM »
Elsewhere I have written about Aaron's incredible Bear slaying statistics... channeling my best Paul Harvey imitation: Now for the rest of the story...

On the otherhand, Jay Cutler, the Bears quarterback is 1-10 lifetime against Packers with a 67.1 passer rating -- 151 of 352 passing for 2,456 yards, 14 touchdowns and 21 interceptions... facepalm)

Man it must suck to be a bears fan  hysterical

It's not his fault though!  First he didn't have any receivers.  Then he had a dope for an offensive coordinator.  Then he didn't have an offensive line.  Then he had to learn another offensive system.  Then he had an idiot for a head coach.  Then his defense was terrible and he was forced to take too many chances.

I wonder what this year's reason will be  hysterical

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 02:06:36 PM »
Cobb practiced today.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 04:18:09 PM »
Looks like real football brings out the best in the players. Exhibition game caution gives way to "playing hurt". Which every player will be doing every snap of every game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/09/randall-cobb-alshon-jeffery-both-practice-ahead-of-bears-packers-clash/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 04:19:40 PM »
Injury reports for the 2 teams on Wednesday...   both Jeffrey and Royal LP for Bears.  What is up with Burnett?

Packers
Barrington, Sam   LB   Ankle   LP   -   -   -
Burnett, Morgan   S   Calf   DNP   -   -   -
Cobb, Randall   WR   Shoulder   LP   -   -   -

Bears
Acho, Sam   LB   Illness   DNP         
Bostic, Jonathan   LB   Ankle   LP         
Clausen, Jimmy   QB   Concussion   FP         
Goldman, Eddie   DT   Concussion   FP         
Jeffery, Alshon   WR   Calf   LP         
Porter, Tracy   CB   Hamstring   DNP         
Royal, Eddie   WR   Hip   LP         
Wilson, Marquess   WR   Hamstring   LP   

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »
Injury reports for the 2 teams on Wednesday...   both Jeffrey and Royal LP for Bears.  What is up with Burnett?

Packers

Bears

Eddie Goldman is a guy that a lot of posters here wanted to see in Green and Gold. I also saw his name in some Packer mock drafts. By the way, what does "FP" mean?   \ - : #
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:06:52 PM by JQ »

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 05:17:51 PM »

Eddie Goldman is a guy that a lot of posters here wanted to see in Green and Gold. I also saw his name in some Packer mock drafts. By the way, what does "FP" mean?   \ - : #

Full Participation (in practice)

LP - Limited Participation (in practice)
DNP - Did Not Participate (in practice)

This is copied from Packers website
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:19:30 PM by Hincha »

Online Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 05:18:47 PM »

Packers

Bears

I believe it means full practice