November 19, 2017, 10:06:13 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 28661 times)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2015, 11:32:07 PM »
AHHH, thank you friends, I've now learned ANA="A New Acronym"

I also checked the local FOX listing for Sunday morning, and unfortunately seattle is playing an early game against the Rams. So  thumbsdwn), that will be the regional broadcast here in Western Oregon... ) - : #   

I hope some of you posters in Eastern Washington and other parts of the western U.S. will be luckier than me! Oh well, thank goodness for the radio-call with Wayne and the Rock! They'll be streaming all games again this year!

For others in need of a reliable broadcast, albeit slightly delayed (maybe 30-45 seconds), here's the link to WTMJ for your favorites:

http://www.620wtmj.com/listen-live

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 11:42:23 PM by JQ »

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 08:55:24 AM »
Our game is going to shown here but I pray we don't go over 4:15 because if we do I won't be able to see the end of it.  We are in the Tampa (and Miami) market so the local FOX affiliate will break to the Bucs game no matter what is going on in our game.

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 12:51:41 PM »
Our game is going to shown here but I pray we don't go over 4:15 because if we do I won't be able to see the end of it.  We are in the Tampa (and Miami) market so the local FOX affiliate will break to the Bucs game no matter what is going on in our game.

You all should find some friends with DirecTV.  Very often people are now getting Sunday Ticket every year for free (complaining, new service, etc.).  When they get it for free, they receive the max package, which includes the online streaming package.  If they're nice, they'll let you stream the game onto your laptop, and connect it to your flat screen with an HDMI cord.  Surprisingly good quality.

Unfortunately, DTV will only allow you to pay for the streaming service-only yourself if you can prove to them that you can't get their dish service at your house (i.e. an apartment building address, dorm, etc.).  They have a check on their website where you type in your address, and they give you a yes or no.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 01:36:42 PM »

You all should find some friends with DirecTV.  Very often people are now getting Sunday Ticket every year for free (complaining, new service, etc.).  When they get it for free, they receive the max package, which includes the online streaming package.  If they're nice, they'll let you stream the game onto your laptop, and connect it to your flat screen with an HDMI cord.  Surprisingly good quality.

Unfortunately, DTV will only allow you to pay for the streaming service-only yourself if you can prove to them that you can't get their dish service at your house (i.e. an apartment building address, dorm, etc.).  They have a check on their website where you type in your address, and they give you a yes or no.

We do have friends with DTV but they won't be down here until the end of the month.   ;)

Offline B

• HOF Member
'85 Bear Dan Hampton says Alshon Jeffery has 'the resiliency of tissue paper'
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2015, 01:42:42 PM »
Dan Hampton says Alshon Jeffery has 'the resiliency of tissue paper' Wow! And so another season is underway in the Windy City, no wonder da bears still suck! hysterical
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »

We do have friends with DTV but they won't be down here until the end of the month.   ;)

I had DTV....but lacking any friends...determined it best to terminate the service  :)

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2015, 01:49:57 PM »
Most Bears sites start their list of keys to winning against the Packers:

1.) Prayer...

Sounds like my strategy for winning at Power Ball ;)
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2015, 01:56:39 PM »
Most Bears sites start their list of keys to winning against the Packers:

1.) Prayer...

Sounds like my strategy for winning at Power Ball ;)

I think you've got a better chance! Seriously, aside from a tidal wave of turnovers by us I don't see us losing.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2015, 04:10:49 PM »
Also, lest we forget... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avRHH9uAL4Q  because, I really hate the Bears. Really.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2015, 05:14:01 PM »
Hadn't seen this one before but thought it was good!
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: '85 Bear Dan Hampton says Alshon Jeffery has 'the resiliency of tissue paper'
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2015, 05:31:58 PM »
Dan Hampton says Alshon Jeffery has 'the resiliency of tissue paper' Wow! And so another season is underway in the Windy City, no wonder da bears still suck! hysterical

My brother lives on the WI/IL state line (near Monroe) and listens to AM 670 all the time. He says it's fantastic comedy how they roast da Bears.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2015, 05:42:43 PM »

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:46:56 PM by dannobanano »

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2015, 07:53:45 PM »
I really feel confident about this game.

I just don't see how the Bears defense can stop us.

If Ashley plays that will help the Bears no doubt but they are still weak at WR after their two starters and their OL is nothing to write home about.

I like us by about 14 points.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2015, 09:44:30 PM »
Theres only one player on the Bears to be concerned with.  You stop or slow down Matt Forte, and this game is over.  If he goes off, the Bears will hang in this game.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2015, 11:01:22 PM »
I wouldn't quite go that far, since they have a couple of reserves at RB now.

But its true that Forte is their main engine.

But if Cutler had a decent game, which is possible, and they have Royal and Bennett and Ashley healthy, they can move the ball.  They might score a couple of TD's.

Their problems for me are on defense.  I just don't see how they can stop us in any serious way.