November 24, 2017, 06:55:43 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Seahawks vs Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 41760 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Seahawks vs Packers Game Day Thread
« on: September 14, 2015, 08:24:12 AM »
Time for the Packers to face their biggest nemesis. But, at home, with ST's looking better, AR fully mobile, and the defense getting another player back, its still a toss-up. But a win would be so sweet. The big fears: covering Graham, stopping Lynch, containing Wilson when he runs when plays break down. I'm cautiously optimistic.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Re: The OFFICIAL Seahawks vs Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 10:18:04 AM »
Thanks Ricky.

Moved into Packer News and will archive in 2015 Game Day Threads after the game as usual.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 10:38:42 AM »
Tough game to call.  I give the edge to Green Bay because of they are at home and the need to avenge the NFCCG.   

This will be Rodgers biggest test of the year.  Seattle has the best front 7 in football, they are quick and a pretty good secondary that is a little shaken up right now.  I see a lot of quick short stuff in the passing game.     Rodgers will get the panic feet with a lack of separation by his receivers in this one but without Chancellor out there seems to be some confusion in the secondary at times.  Rodgers needs to take advantage of that.

A huge key will be keeping Wilson in the pocket not letting him use his feet.  The Seahawks are having prolems with their OL.  A HUGE loss was Max Unger who went to the Saints in the Jimmy Graham trade.   His leadership on the OL is missed and the YPC when he wasn't in there last year went down significantly in the games he missed. 

DO NOT kick to Tyler Lockett , a rookie kick returner.    The guy is vintage Devin Hester like.  He's already returned 2-3 kicks this year for TDs.  Keep the kicks out of his hands at all costs. 

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 12:29:40 PM »
I remember commenting earlier than I thought their O line could be an issue for them this year.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 12:40:55 PM »
I remember commenting earlier than I thought their O line could be an issue for them this year.

And so far you are correct. Sounds like they were pretty well manhandled in the middle against the Rams. Although, I think that could happen to a lot of teams against the Rams. The final 4th and 1 looked like a jailbreak. Both DT's hit Lynch 4 yards in the backfield.

Make no mistake about it we're going to need to be a LOT better on defense this week to stand a chance. Our offense was pretty pedestrian yesterday against the Bears. Neither of those efforts will be good enough.

I think Janis or Montgomery are going to have to step up and have a decent game at WR for us to have a chance in this one. This game 8 games from now would give us a much better chance IMO. They are not the same as a year ago, but we're finding our identity on offense.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline ricky38

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
I personally think that Russel Wilson is overrated. Yesterday the Seattle offense scored 13 puts. The defense and ST scored 14 points or was responsible for giving the offense such good field position they had to get a least a FG. Wilson drinks and dunks everything and then once in a while gets lucky on a long pass after scrambling around and somebody comes wide open.

if AR played for Seattle they would be unbeatable. if Wilson played for the Packers we would be lucky to win 6 games. i guess what i am saying that Seattle'sD has won more games than Wilson has.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 02:02:23 PM »
I personally think that Russel Wilson is overrated. Yesterday the Seattle offense scored 13 puts. The defense and ST scored 14 points or was responsible for giving the offense such good field position they had to get a least a FG. Wilson drinks and dunks everything and then once in a while gets lucky on a long pass after scrambling around and somebody comes wide open.

if AR played for Seattle they would be unbeatable. if Wilson played for the Packers we would be lucky to win 6 games. i guess what i am saying that Seattle'sD has won more games than Wilson has.

I also think Wilson is overrated, but he's still an effective quarterback and the type of mobile passer who gives us fits.

Someone mentioned this in another thread, but a win over Seattle would be HUGE for playoff implications. We would basically have a three-game lead over them, owning the head-to-head tiebreaker. If we're going to face them in the playoffs again, I would much rather it be at Lambeau.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »
Somethings in the air... For some reason these guys have just had our number. If not melt downs, horrible replacement refs. I can't wait for us to finally get our W against them. Oh, and finally at Lambeau. This could be a huge game for seeding, and nothing would be nicer than watching Seattle start off 0-2.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 02:53:02 PM »
Games like this make me love football. Sure it would be nice to have come out on the winning end the last few times against Seattle, but seeking that win against a team that has had your number just has a great feeling to it.

It's going to be a playoff type atmosphere in week 2, guaranteed. Sunday night, national TV, home opener, coming off a win against the Bears, things to prove...doesn't get much better than this. Some of the biggest names in the league going head to head.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 03:16:45 PM »
Games like this make me love football. Sure it would be nice to have come out on the winning end the last few times against Seattle, but seeking that win against a team that has had your number just has a great feeling to it

I think the Seahawks are a long way from 'having the Packers number'. A criminally inept call overturned one win and a crazy five minutes overturned another.

I think what is closer to the truth is that we 'have their number', more than they have ours. Despite the danger of playing a team desperate to get their first win, I think the Packers stack up well against them and I'd pick a win for them, even if the Packers were in Seattle. The Packers only need to avoid poor play themselves (to win), rather than worry about Seattle playing great.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 07:17:35 PM »
Somethings in the air... For some reason these guys have just had our number. If not melt downs, horrible replacement refs. I can't wait for us to finally get our W against them. Oh, and finally at Lambeau. This could be a huge game for seeding, and nothing would be nicer than watching Seattle start off 0-2.

How about the Packers starting 2-0? The team to watch is Arizona. Tough defense, and if they can keep their starting QB healthy, they could be the class of the division. But lets take it one game at a time. Though it could come down to the last game of the season to decide home field advantage for Cards and Packers.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 09:10:04 PM »

How about the Packers starting 2-0? The team to watch is Arizona. Tough defense, and if they can keep their starting QB healthy, they could be the class of the division. But lets take it one game at a time. Though it could come down to the last game of the season to decide home field advantage for Cards and Packers.

Agreed. My point wasn't to get ahead of where we are, but for conversation purpose it could be huge to start 2-0 in the NFC with the defending conference champion who also ended our season last year starting 0-2. It's just a nice start to the season... Real football happens in nonmember and December. It's a long season, but the talk is still fun :)

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 09:40:55 PM »
But, at home, with ST's looking better

Ha ha....  ha ha ha ha ha

you're a funny guy ricky ;D

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 07:10:59 AM »

Agreed. My point wasn't to get ahead of where we are, but for conversation purpose it could be huge to start 2-0 in the NFC with the defending conference champion who also ended our season last year starting 0-2. It's just a nice start to the season... Real football happens in nonmember and December. It's a long season, but the talk is still fun :)

Excellent point.  On top of that, last year the seahawks started slow, and by the end they were able to pull it together and go on to win home field advantage.  I wouldn't count them out and getting to 2-0 with a tiebreaker and a 2 game lead on them would be huge.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 09:42:40 AM »
But, at home, with ST's looking better

Ha ha....  ha ha ha ha ha

you're a funny guy ricky ;D

Outside of Masthay ST does look better.