September 21, 2017, 08:57:09 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Seahawks vs Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 35372 times)

Offline ChicagoPackerFan

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Seahawks vs Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 10:12:27 AM »
Green Bay wins... they were the better team in the NFC Championship game and they are the better team this year.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 10:57:47 AM »
If we win the toss this is one week I hope we don't defer.  Normally I like getting the ball first in the second half but this week it might be advantageous for us to get an early lead.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 12:29:31 PM »
I was on Seahawks.net, and their fanbase is as down on their team as we are on our run defense.  They feel that the Vegas line of the Packers favored by 3 is too generous to their team.  The whole Kam Chancellor issue seems to be a drag on the team.

I don't see us as stopping Marshawn Lynch, but if we can hold him to 150 yds, keep Wilson in the pocket, and play good pass defense I thin we can win.  I predicted a loss in the predict the season thread, but I still hold out hope.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Redt

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 02:14:46 PM »
Seattle's strengths are our weaknesses. Great run game-poor run defense. Great TE-can't cover a TE. Could be a long night for the D and limited opportunities for the O.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
I was on Seahawks.net, and their fanbase is as down on their team as we are on our run defense.

They're really unhappy with their offensive line. A few of them get it (money), a few of them think management is in over their head.

The confidence that forum has shown for the last 1.5 years is virtually gone. Very little, if any, smack talk going on. It's going to be a tough game for both squads. Hopefully Green Bay comes out on top.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »
If we're going to compete in this game, something other than the NFL's worst rush defense has to show up.  We've got to show that we made some improvements this offseason and didn't ignore our inability to tackle.  Seattle is a substantially better team than Chicago, who gave us everything we could handle in game they lead for a good portion. 

After watching us struggle against one of the NFL's worst teams, I've got very little confidence we're going to finally beat Pete Carroll.  I think Lynch is going to have a field day against our putrid run defense. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 08:56:30 PM »
If we're going to compete in this game, something other than the NFL's worst rush defense has to show up. 

Not so fast... MN just gave up 230 yards rushing.

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 10:56:24 PM »
Seattle went on the road against division rival the St Louis Rams (6-10 last season) and trailed most of the game and got beat by 3.

The Packers went on the road against their division rivals da bears and won by 8...

Yet, the chicken little chorus is waving the white flag and declaring the Packers have no chance...

Same song, different day.

I am looking forward to some good football next Sunday night and fully expect the Packers to defend the house in a clash of titans kind of game with home field advantage stakes on the line.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Ron836

• Second String
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 05:11:26 AM »
Packers 30

Seahawks 20

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 07:50:45 AM »
"But that loss in Seattle hurt Cobb as much as anyone, if not more. It was the first time Cobb had gotten so close to a Super Bowl. In the previous three seasons, he had played for three straight NFC North title winners, including a 15-1 team, and made three straight playoff appearances. But the Packers never made it to the NFC Championship Game.

"That was definitely tough, not being able to make it there, and give yourself an opportunity," said Cobb. "That's one of the reasons I came back (to Green Bay) because that I want to feel that I am part of something."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/randall-cobb-focused-fearless-in-pursuit-of-super-bowl-ring-b99577301z1-327813141.html

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 07:54:32 AM »
"Against Denver (Aug. 14) they couldn't block anybody," an executive in personnel for an AFC team said. "It was bad, and I don't see how it's gotten any better.

"They don't have any players. Trading (Max) Unger, at least they had somebody to solidify the thing. Now they're switching guys week to week. They're just grasping."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-next-opponent-seattle-seahawks-scouting-report-b99577342z1-327816741.html

Online Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 08:02:03 AM »
If we're going to compete in this game, something other than the NFL's worst rush defense has to show up. 

Not so fast... MN just gave up 230 yards rushing.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 08:44:05 AM »
We'll be better against the run this week because of Seattle's offensive line. The interior is terrible.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 09:09:50 AM »
We'll be better against the run this week because of Seattle's offensive line. The interior is terrible.

Thats great and all but the interior wasn't our biggest weakness on Sunday.  It was our ends and our tackling. 

I hope you are right, as we're going to need a substantial amount of improvement.  I don't think Carroll is going to put the ball into his QB hands if his RB is getting 6 yards per carry like Chicago's retreads did. 

Chicago is a dumpster fire and they lead for a large portion of Sunday's game. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:11:02 AM by SSG »
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 09:17:23 AM »
I was on Seahawks.net, and their fanbase is as down on their team as we are on our run defense.

They're really unhappy with their offensive line. A few of them get it (money), a few of them think management is in over their head.

The confidence that forum has shown for the last 1.5 years is virtually gone. Very little, if any, smack talk going on. It's going to be a tough game for both squads. Hopefully Green Bay comes out on top.

That line of theirs is their Achilles Heel, frankly.  On the last play of OT against the Rams everybody and their uncle knew the shehawks were gonna give it to Lynch on 4th down but he got tackled 4 yards behind the LOS.  We don't have a D like St. Louis does but watching that has to make Seattle fans nervous.  :)