September 23, 2017, 07:44:30 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Seahawks vs Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 35624 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Seahawks vs Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 09:24:07 AM »
That line of theirs is their Achilles Heel, frankly.  On the last play of OT against the Rams everybody and their uncle knew the shehawks were gonna give it to Lynch on 4th down but he got tackled 4 yards behind the LOS.  We don't have a D like St. Louis does but watching that has to make Seattle fans nervous.  :)

Idiot! On fourth and goal, they should have thrown it! That would have assured a TD!  >:D
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 09:36:05 AM »
Look for Richard Rodgers and the TEs to have a big role in this game.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 10:18:45 AM »
Get serious SSG, Matt Forte is far from a re-tread. And the Packers beat the Bears in Chicago's new new coaching staff and schemes without film to prepare, while the Seahawks were folding in St Louis to the Rams.

What's up with all the fear, I'm looking forward to a great game, And fully expect my team to show up ready to battle.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 10:25:24 AM »
Get serious SSG, Matt Forte is far from a re-tread. And the Packers beat the Bears in Chicago's new new coaching staff and schemes without film to prepare, while the Seahawks were folding in St Louis to the Rams.

What's up with all the fear, I'm looking forward to a great game, And fully expect my team to show up ready to battle.

Perhaps because of how things went down the last time we played folks are fearful of a repeat of that heartache?

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 10:52:40 AM »

Perhaps because of how things went down the last time we played folks are fearful of a repeat of that heartache?

You're likely right pugger, but football is not for the faint of heart, and it can never being played afraid.

I guess fans can tremble and doubt, but I just do not see any purpose, especially when they are fans of a great franchise with great talent like the Green Bay Packers - one of the favorites to win it all this season.

I hope for and expect a victory at Lambeau on Sunday, but even if they come up short, it will be a setback on a long journey - and the Seahawks, while talented, will still not be a team to fear IMO
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 11:47:29 AM »

Not having confidence Green Bay can stop one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL a week after getting shredded by one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL isn't being afraid IMO.  While Forte isn't a retread, John Fox is and he made calls in that game that makes one understand why he's been fired at his last 2 coaching gigs.  He took the ball out of the hands of his RB who was getting more than 6.5 YPC in favor of Jay Cutler who was completing less than 50% of his passes.  Forte got just 9 carries in the second half  after completely murdering the defense in the 1st half (on 15 carries).

For as bad as the Rams were last year they were still substantially better then Chicago.  They were able to beat Seattle with a practice squad QB at the helm. 

Time will tell.  Hopefully you are right and we've got legit reasons to be cocky.  Squeaking by terrible team like Chicago gives me no such confidence. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 11:55:07 AM »
I originally predicted this as a loss, but I am feeling good about this game.

As long as our offensive line protects Aaron, I have no reason to think we won't put up 30. No better opportunity to face Seattle than without Chancellor, and I think their corner Lane is out as well. Should be able to attack the middle of the field with our tight ends and Cobb, Lacy as well.

Now even though it sounds like their offensive line is in shambles, Lynch will for sure get his yards and Wilson will still make plays with his pocket presence. I just have not had any faith in our team in recent years that we can stop the run and contain this type of QB. This game will likely come down to needing our defense to force a turnover.

Special teams should be a great test, Lockett looked really good in preseason and of course returned that punt in St. Louis. This should be a good test for our special teams coverage.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 01:47:51 PM »
Morgan Burnett was back on the field today. All 53 guys on the active roster practiced.

In Seahawks news, Ian Rapaport reported that Chancellor's holdout will continue and he'll miss Sunday's game.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »
Morgan Burnett was back on the field today. All 53 guys on the active roster practiced.

In Seahawks news, Ian Rapaport reported that Chancellor's holdout will continue and he'll miss Sunday's game.

Good news - but I'm holding my breath about Chancellor. He's a guy that could sign Friday and be on the field Sunday night.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 02:17:47 PM »

Not having confidence Green Bay can stop one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL a week after getting shredded by one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL isn't being afraid IMO.  While Forte isn't a retread, John Fox is and he made calls in that game that makes one understand why he's been fired at his last 2 coaching gigs.  He took the ball out of the hands of his RB who was getting more than 6.5 YPC in favor of Jay Cutler who was completing less than 50% of his passes.  Forte got just 9 carries in the second half  after completely murdering the defense in the 1st half (on 15 carries).

For as bad as the Rams were last year they were still substantially better then Chicago.  They were able to beat Seattle with a practice squad QB at the helm. 

Time will tell.  Hopefully you are right and we've got legit reasons to be cocky.  Squeaking by terrible team like Chicago gives me no such confidence. 

John Fox doesn't call the plays - so cross that retread off the list also.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 02:23:45 PM »
We'll be better against the run this week because of Seattle's offensive line. The interior is terrible.

Thats great and all but the interior wasn't our biggest weakness on Sunday.  It was our ends and our tackling. 

I hope you are right, as we're going to need a substantial amount of improvement.  I don't think Carroll is going to put the ball into his QB hands if his RB is getting 6 yards per carry like Chicago's retreads did. 

Chicago is a dumpster fire and they lead for a large portion of Sunday's game.

Chicago's offensive line is their strength. Running outside is not Lynch's strength. I like our chances to improve in the running game, a lot. Just my opinion of course.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 03:34:49 PM »
We'll be better against the run this week because of Seattle's offensive line. The interior is terrible.

Thats great and all but the interior wasn't our biggest weakness on Sunday.  It was our ends and our tackling. 

I hope you are right, as we're going to need a substantial amount of improvement.  I don't think Carroll is going to put the ball into his QB hands if his RB is getting 6 yards per carry like Chicago's retreads did. 

Chicago is a dumpster fire and they lead for a large portion of Sunday's game.

Chicago's offensive line is their strength. Running outside is not Lynch's strength. I like our chances to improve in the running game, a lot. Just my opinion of course.

Not sure I agree with that, especially when it comes to run blocking.  Chicago had the 6th worst rushing attack in the NFL last year while Seattle lead the NFL in the category by a monstrous margin. 

Seattle's line may have struggled against the NFL's best defensive front, but they are a substantially better run blocking group than the group we just seen this last weekend. Chicago didn't look like one of the best running teams because of what they did but rather what we showed to be incapable of doing.   

Running on the outside isn't really Matt Forte's strength either but we made him look like a first ballot hall of famer on Sunday. If we can't consistently tackle Matt Forte without 3 or 4 or 5 chances, whats the chances of brining down Lynch on first contact?  Slim to none.  Hopefully you are right and the run defense is up to the task in handling a substantially better running game after last weeks embarrassment of a performance. 

Act your age, not your shoe size.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 04:41:23 PM »

Good news - but I'm holding my breath about Chancellor. He's a guy that could sign Friday and be on the field Sunday night.

At this point Chancellor isnt going to walk in off the street and impact this game.  He hasnt played in 9 months.  He can help them, but his impact would be vastly overstated IMO.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 04:47:03 PM by The GM »

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 04:45:23 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I think it will be hard to stop Marshawn Lynch, and I think they will use Jimmy Graham more effectively this week to help take pressure off the run game. 

That being said, I think people are overlooking the obvious.  Everyone, myself included, believed the Bears would totally suck this year.  Unfortunately for that belief, Fox brought in two top flight coordinators with a history of winning.  Gase put together a power run scheme and the team executed it well.  They are not the pathetic group they have been billed as.  The identity of their offense will be like a growing number of teams- power run game, effective use of a talented tight end.  No longer the dysfunctional offensive identity of "gun slinger Jay".

I still think we don't have to be dominant in the run defense this week.  If we hold the Lynch/Jackson combo to 150 yds, we will do ok.  The St. Louis defensive front is so dominant that it is a poor measuring stick for an offensive line so I don't think it is clear that the Seattle offensive line sucks, but they did have problems in preseason so there is hope that they will struggle. They only scored one offensive touchdown last week.  Their defensive backfield right now has only Sherman and Thomas from last year, so they may not be as physical and dominant of a defense as in the past.

Should be a good game.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 04:49:52 PM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »
Excited for this game! Win or lose I love me some Packer football!