November 23, 2017, 12:19:09 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs 49ers Game Day Thread  (Read 18821 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers vs 49ers Game Day Thread
« on: September 30, 2015, 12:32:25 PM »
Time to finally put the specter of Kaepernick in the playoffs to rest once and for all. He hasn't played well recently? Sometimes a team or player just excels against certain teams. This will be a good test for the Packers defense. And a cathartic experience for many on here. Should the Packers rest Lacy? Should Peppers be given more rest? Will CMIII again make Kaepernick re-think running the ball against the Packers, as he did in that playoff loss to SF in Lambeau a few years ago? This is a game where the Packers are favored by a lot. But is this the week they have their "bad game" where they just don't play well? Or is this a team of destiny, on a mission to show that last season's four minutes left meltdown is NOT going to be repeated?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs 49ers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:39:08 PM »
Thanks Ricky.

We will open up for Game Day discussion late Saturday.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 08:00:59 PM »
Opening this up now as will be busy in the morning.

Go Pack!!!!

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:06:57 PM »
My cousin just called. Family emergency. I was planning on watching the game at home, but I have to leave.

My 2nd cousin flew to LA to pick up his cousin, who turned out to be a real jerkface. He drove up here alone. He has two tickets to the 49ers / Packers game. My cousin, his aunt, doesn't want a small town Green Bay boy driving to the bay area and attending a game on his own - she could never explain it to her brother if he got hurt or something. So I agreed to go with him. To the game.

Family. You gotta support your family.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:07:33 PM by marklawrence »
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 08:23:43 PM »
My cousin just called. Family emergency. I was planning on watching the game at home, but I have to leave.

My 2nd cousin flew to LA to pick up his cousin, who turned out to be a real jerkface. He drove up here alone. He has two tickets to the 49ers / Packers game. My cousin, his aunt, doesn't want a small town Green Bay boy driving to the bay area and attending a game on his own - she could never explain it to her brother if he got hurt or something. So I agreed to go with him. To the game.

Family is so important! Kudos for your support.

clap) facepalm)

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 08:34:19 PM »

Well, a cous has to do what a cous has to do. The sacrifices we make for family... ;)

Have fun, I hear the new stadium is great. I'll look forward to hearing your take.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

maxman44

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »
This feels like a trap game to me...Hope we come to play

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 01:14:43 PM »
Don't think the Staff & Players will let down.

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
inactives

Green Bay Packers
7 QB Brett Hundley
17 WR Davante Adams
39 CB Demetri Goodson
42 S Morgan Burnett
47 LB Jake Ryan
65 G Lane Taylor
75 T Bryan Bulaga

Starting lineup changes: #89 James Jones will start at wide receiver for #17 Davante Adams. #67 Don Barclay will start at right tackle for #75 Bryan Bulaga. #33 Micah Hyde will start at safety for #42 Morgan Burnett.

San Francisco 49ers
18 WR DeAndrew White
22 RB Mike Davis
24 CB Shareece Wright
60 C Brandon Thomas
62 OL Ian Silberman
64 NT Mike Purcell
85 TE Vernon Davis

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 02:17:43 PM »
No VD in San Francisco that is good news on more than one front for the Packers.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 02:19:07 PM »

What a fortuitous event Mark-have FUN! As for myself, I'm quite grateful the local FOX affiliate decided on Saturday to air the game out of KPTV-Portland!

I picked the Packers to lose this game in the "predict the season" thread. BUT if they can rattle Kaepernick, I see them winning a close one. Kaepernick has a little bit of Jay Cutler in him I think, in that he lacks mental toughness, and he can/will melt down, like he did last week against the Cardinals. But the Packers have never been able to exploit that quality.

Continued strong Special Teams could win this game as well. Maybe Janis is finally able to block a punt; he's been close a few times. A long return by Mongomery or Hyde, continued stellar kicking by Crosby, who knows.

It should be be fun, and I'll be Thrilled to be WRONG AGAIN about the outcome of this game!

GO PACKERS!

Offline MagicMansMullet

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 03:25:11 PM »
Here we goooooo!

Pack will receive
"When itís third and long, you can take the milk drinkers and Iíll take the whiskey drinkers every time.Ē ó Max McGee

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 03:25:29 PM »
Vamos Packers!

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 03:25:55 PM »
Niners won coin toss and deferred.

Offline EXIT_HERE

• HOF Member