September 23, 2017, 05:58:32 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Chargers vs Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 18642 times)

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Chargers vs Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #390 on: October 18, 2015, 07:08:10 PM »
What an ugly ugly game.  Make no mistake of it, that was a terrible 2 win Charger team that just put up on of the best passing efforts in NFL history.  Rivers broke 3 franchise records and Allen was on his way to breaking a couple more before his injury (thank goodness he couldn't come back).  Hopefully that was the half ass type effort you get from a  team that is looking forward to the week off and not the type of garbage effort we can expect from here on out.  We didn't look like one of the best teams in the NFL, we looked like the equal of a bad 2 win team. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #391 on: October 18, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »
Definitely a good time for the bye.  We have a lot of guys who need that week off.

Interesting that what got us in trouble this game was that our defense didn't adjust and that our offense did.

Listening to NFL Network - the cited the GBP's sack totals vs SD's sacks given up - but not today - until the 4th.

Offline Zyvlyn

• HOF Member
« Reply #392 on: October 18, 2015, 07:08:38 PM »
Everyone needs to recognize that the Chargers put up big numbers on almost every team.

In this game, Rivers achieved career highs in MANY passing statistics.  There is no excuse for that.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #393 on: October 18, 2015, 07:08:46 PM »
After this game I'm not sure who needs the bye more, the Packers or me? That game was tough on me!
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #394 on: October 18, 2015, 07:09:02 PM »
What an ugly ugly game.  Make no mistake of it, that was a terrible 2 win Charger team that just put up on of the best passing efforts in NFL history.  Rivers broke 3 franchise records and Allen was on his way to breaking a couple more before his injury (thank goodness he couldn't come back).  Hopefully that was the half ass type effort you get from a  team that is looking forward to the week off and not the type of garbage effort we can expect from here on out.  We didn't look like one of the best teams in the NFL, we looked like the equal of a bad 2 win team. 

We're 6+0 and nobody wins them all looking pretty.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #395 on: October 18, 2015, 07:11:22 PM »
After this game I'm not sure who needs the bye more, the Packers or me? That game was tough on me!

Unless you've got a busted knee or ankle......
:)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #396 on: October 18, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »

We're 6+0 and nobody wins them all looking pretty.

Especially with an elite QB who was in "the ZONE!" Make no mistake, Rivers was in the zone today. We made the play when it counted and 6-0 is 6-0. I know they were a beat up team, but so are we and this bye is such a welcome site.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #397 on: October 18, 2015, 07:12:20 PM »

RR looked like a LOAD today.
I know he didn't just put all that weight on, but he looked BIG.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #398 on: October 18, 2015, 07:12:49 PM »
Agree Golf.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #399 on: October 18, 2015, 07:15:05 PM »
500 yards equaled 20 points and a loss...

They had the benefit of a 4th down TD right before the half that could have been a false start. Shields dropped a fairly easy red zone interception, and Hayward had a red zone interception that didn't count because San Diego was saved by their own false start penalty.

Not saying the defense played good today, but I thought San Diego wasn't getting the respect they deserved. Rivers is clearly a field general, Gates has been a top TE for years, they use their RB's really well in the passing game, and Floyd and Allen are probably the most underrated WR duo in the league. Quite a few said this offense wasn't any good. They came out with a great gameplan to counter the injuries on the OL.

Any given Sunday....

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #400 on: October 18, 2015, 07:20:36 PM »
Thanks all for joining us today as we go into the BYE 6-0.

See you back here in 2 weeks when we travel to Denver.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.