September 23, 2017, 06:11:27 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Broncos Game Day Thread  (Read 23943 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Broncos Game Day Thread
« on: October 27, 2015, 08:49:07 PM »
The Clash of the Titans!

Will Peyton continue his Jay Cutler imitation? Will the offense be able to move effectively against the Broncos defense? Will Adams and Lacy and Burnett be returning and to form? Will the altitude adversely affect the Packers? Oh, and not to be too "in your face", but apparently the Broncos will be wearing the throwback uniforms they wore against the Packers in SB XXXII. Maybe Elway will arrive in a helicopter?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs. Broncos Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 08:55:11 PM »
Thanks Ricky and will re-open late Saturday or early Sunday for Game Day discussion.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 09:17:50 AM »
We are open for discussion for tonight's game vs the Broncos.

popcorn)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 09:47:39 AM »
I"m a little surprised at how many people (analysts) who are picking Denver to win. I know the Mile High deal, but the Broncos have not played well the past couple of weeks and should have had 2 L's hung on them.

If Rodgers stays upright and we don't turn it over I think we win pretty handily.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 09:54:35 AM »
I"m a little surprised at how many people (analysts) who are picking Denver to win. I know the Mile High deal, but the Broncos have not played well the past couple of weeks and should have had 2 L's hung on them.

If Rodgers stays upright and we don't turn it over I think we win pretty handily.

Noticed all the 'love' for the Broncos also.

confused(

Offline EXIT_HERE

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 10:16:53 AM »
 The whole Altitude thing being used as a home field advantage is a non starter, as you can easily be prepared for 5000 feet by drinking plenty of water and spending a night at altitude. I find it hilarious when bronco fans use that as to why a team won't win in Denver. Its only a slight advantage, particularly with how often teams rotate players now.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:21:59 AM by EXIT_HERE »

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 10:19:37 AM »

Noticed all the 'love' for the Broncos also.

confused(

Peyton is a great QB at the end of his career. So, people are hoping he can go out like Elway. Besides, the Denver defense is very, very good. The question becomes, how well the match-ups are handled by both teams. For instance, Bakhtiari will be facing Ware.

What if the Packers running game is controlled, and the Packers are made one-dimensional, it could be a major problem. Will the Broncos follow the lead of the Chargers, and go for short, quick passes and hope for YAC because of poor tackling? Because, to me, this looks like a toss-up game. And, by the bye, thanks for the info on the spread for the game, golfman- you absolutely nailed it when you wrote the game was seen as a toss-up. One play either way could well make the difference. Just ask the Chiefs, who managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory a few weeks ago against Denver.

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 10:25:07 AM »
Seems to me this game will be won the most games are - by winning in the trenches and not turning the ball over.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »
Seems to me this game will be won the most games are - by winning in the trenches and not turning the ball over.

Yep! The Broncos won most of their games this year with defense that creates turnovers at the most opportune time for them. We keep the turnover sheet clean on our end and do a decent job on the offensive line, we win big time.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Divot

• All Pro
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »
The Bronco's defense is living off of the turnovers.  We do not turn it over.  I like out chances if we can solve the press man coverage.

The Bronco's offense is hanging on by a string.  The bye week will help Manning's arm and he will pick us apart but I look for a bend don't break type game.

Our next two games are big.  I would rather lose this one than next week if we were to lose.  Which I doubt will happen today.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »
The whole Altitude thing being used as a home field advantage is a non starter, as you can easily be prepared for 5000 feet by drinking plenty of water and spending a night at altitude. I find it hilarious when bronco fans use that as to why a team won't win in Denver. Its only a slight advantage, particularly with how often teams rotate players now.

Have you ever participated in an athletic event at that altitude?  There is a reason all of our long distance Olympic athletes go there to train.  This isn't jet lag we're talking about.  There have been players with asthma that are held out of playing there.  We're coming in with an overweight Eddie Lacy - who happens to also have asthma - and a Starks who is questionable with an injury that popped up over the bye week. 

With that being said, altitude isn't why I think we're going to lose. 

MM has been a stud when bringing his team out of bye weeks.  I think Denver is the strongest team we'll see this year, though.  Their defense is loaded with pass rushers, athletic linebackers, and lock down corners.  I don't think we're going to be able to establish a running game and I do think that Denver's defense will hold our offense to under 21 points. 

Manning has been bad, but I don't think he's as bad as we think.  I think Denver's offense do just enough to win the game. 

Broncos - 31
Packers - 21
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:29:52 PM by cheech »
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 04:40:05 PM »
Green Bay 28 v Denver 24
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 04:59:06 PM »
I like the Packers by 23-20.

-I think the Packer pass rush will get to Manning and cause at least one turnover, maybe two; a fumble and a pic. Packers win the turnover and
- field position parts of the game, via a long return by Abby or Micah Hyde, and they leave Denver with a "W!"
- I look for healthier Eddie Lacy to pick up some yardage tonight, along with Alonzo Harris, if he plays in place of Starks. The Packers only need to rush for enough yards to loosen up that D a bit. I think they'll do it. Maybe mix in a little Randall Cobb...
- Davante Adams and Morgan Burnett will probably be back, in some degree, and hopefully Perry will play. Cobb and James Jones have had an extra week to heal up a little. The Packers will be much "healthier" than they've been in weeks!
-PLUS there will be many THOUSANDS of Packer fans at the game, to make plenty of noise!

I'm excited! GO PACKERS!!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 05:13:26 PM by JQ »

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 05:22:28 PM »
I think tonight the offense gets back on track in a big way.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 05:30:04 PM »

Agreed. People always sell the Packers short when they aren't putting up 2011 numbers. Sure they'll mention "oh yea Rodgers is the best QB in the league," but then not give the rest of the offense a fair shake. Same goes for the defense "oh they let Rivers thrown for 500+ yards," but fail to mention they're the top scoring defense in the NFL right now.

The only thing I'm a little worried about is their defense, specifically their aggressive corners. Green Bay likes those quick hit routes that are easy pickings for aggressive CBs that like to watch film, or against an offense without a deep ball threat. Green Bay MUST establish themselves downfield in the passing game to win.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 05:30:37 PM by claymaker »