September 23, 2017, 05:48:22 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL PAckers vs Vikings Game Day Thread  (Read 13659 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL PAckers vs Vikings Game Day Thread
« on: November 18, 2015, 11:35:22 AM »
Not quite time to panic, but definitely time to be concerned. The game Sunday will be for the division lead, and have a lot of impact on whether the Packers are a wild card team, or host at least one game in Lambeau. Frankly, this game scares me big time. The Packers have always had major problems stopping Peterson, and if Bridgewater just plays decently, with some big time completions (think Cam Newton's performance here), the offense will be forced to play keep up. The question then becomes, will they finally break out of their slump and play to the level of which they're capable?  Or will Rodgers continue to struggle, and play- I even hate to type it- scared.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
Re: The OFFICIAL PAckers vs Vikings Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 11:41:44 AM »
Thanks Ricky and the Game Day thread will re-open late Saturday.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 07:00:01 AM »

Today's the day!  :)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »
I have a feeling we're going to kick their ass today. I think they come in too pumped up and if we weather the 1st quarter we romp.

Packers 35
Vikings 17
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 07:57:31 AM »
Damarious Randall has been ruled out with a hamstring injury sustained during Saturday''s practice.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 08:01:00 AM »
Damarious Randall has been ruled out with a hamstring injury sustained during Saturday''s practice.

I would start Rollins and not Hayward who has been a turnstile.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 08:09:17 AM »
Can't say I like their matchups  on the outside now with Randall out. He was by far their best athlete and only Shields  is in who beats him in top speed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:15:13 AM by claymaker »

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 08:24:02 AM »

I wonder how many weeks he'll be out now...    :-\

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 08:25:06 AM »
If we lose this one I think I'll stay away for a couple of days.   :(

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 08:28:18 AM »
If we lose this one I think I'll stay away for a couple of days.   :(

Not me, but I will be very sad.

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 09:57:24 AM »
The Vikings are a good team this year. We're pretty banged up. Especially Aaron - we don't know what shape he's in, but the way to bet is his arm and leg are not at 100%. It will be unshocking, perhaps even unsurprising if we lose. So let's see if we can get through this without calling for people to get fired because Aaron's shoulder is messed up.

If it should happen that any of our posters is a doctor, please feel free to give your opinion on the likelihood of firing Capers helping Shields and Randall heal, or the likelihood of McCarthy resuming play calling helping Aaron's arm heal.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 10:38:01 AM »
HA,HA,HA! I found this article on the NFL website:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000581614/article/vikings-players-come-home-to-beat-green-bay-tshirts

I'm quite amused Coach Zimmer feels the need to buy his team T-Shirts to help give them a little edge. Any ol' port in the storm, I guess.

As for the game, I think the Packers will win this game. Over the past several years, they've had streaks where they've really stunk, and injuries notwithstanding, this is obviously one of those times.

But it also seems like they have over years past, a way of snapping out of it and playing well, even against teams who probably ought to beat them. I think today is going to be one of those days!

The Packers are really hurting, Rodgers, Lacy, BOTH starting tackles and guards are banged up, Montgomery, JJ and Cobb been hurt but just keeps playing, Q and Jordy out of course-they don't have enough guys friends! Their seconday has been and is depleted, pass rushers hurt/suspended, et al. Just a  tough season for these things!

BUT, I think the defense will step up today, and score a Touchdown that makes the difference. I'm thinking a Pic 6, possibly from Clay Matthews or _?_ will allow the Packers to steal one from Minny on their home field, and begin to regain some momentum for the stretch run. It also puts the Packers back on TOP of the NFC North, where they belong! Whatever the result, I hope all enjoy the game and keep this stuff in perspective!

I'll be listening to Wayne and The Rock today, no local broadcast of the game...FOX affiliate has instead chosen to go with Washington and Carolina??  \ - : #

GO PACKERS!!!

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »
The same thing could said about the Packers but who have the Vikings actually beat?   No one with a winning record and teams that have been struggling.  The only solid team they have played were the Broncos and they lost to them.   I thought maybe the Raiders were a descent match-up for them until I looked at the 4 wins of the Raiders.   I know, any given Sunday and every team in the NFL can win.   

Vikings:
1st week lost to the lowly 49ers
2nd week barely beat the Lions (10 pt difference but the game was close)
3rd week  lost to Denver (game was close)
4th week barely beat KC Chiefs
5th week bye week
6th week beat the Lions
7th week barely beat the lowly Bears (running into the kicker not called)
8th week beat the Lions
9th week barely beat the pitiful Rams
10th week beat the Raiders (twirling my eyes)

I have watched a lot of the Vikings this year.  They look good on defense and their offense often sputters and sometimes has a problem closing the deal in the Red Zone.  They have barely beaten weak opponents maybe because they run the ball more then they pass and take a lot of time off the clock.  They haven't beaten anyone with a winning record and have barely squeaked by bad teams. 

I don't like to make predictions but I think this will come down to who turns the ball over or who doesn't. 

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 11:29:38 AM »
The Vikings are a good team this year. We're pretty banged up. Especially Aaron - we don't know what shape he's in, but the way to bet is his arm and leg are not at 100%. It will be unshocking, perhaps even unsurprising if we lose. So let's see if we can get through this without calling for people to get fired because Aaron's shoulder is messed up.

If it should happen that any of our posters is a doctor, please feel free to give your opinion on the likelihood of firing Capers helping Shields and Randall heal, or the likelihood of McCarthy resuming play calling helping Aaron's arm heal.

I second these thoughts and will add that your "freak out" on the GDT makes it harder for other fans - who arent enjoying outcomes as much (if not more) than you.
So - be considerate of them. If your kettle's about to blow - step away from the GDT - go yell outside - and come back :)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 11:43:19 AM »

Ditka's trying to jinx us.
ESPN: Ditka's alone picking Green Bay over Minnesota.