September 24, 2017, 07:18:23 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Cowboys vs Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 11803 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Cowboys vs Packers Game Day Thread
« on: December 08, 2015, 06:52:04 PM »
Two pretty good defenses (Dallas is #5 league wide in yards allowed per game) against two misfiring offenses. This should be a low scoring, field goal driven game. There is a lot more pressure on the Packers, though. To re-establish home field dominance; for the team to start playing up to it's ability, especially on offense. Forget about the records, and concentrate on winning out for the season, to build momentum for the playoffs.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: The OFFICIAL Cowboys vs Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:54:35 AM »
Green Bay fans will be watching to see if the offense is clicking or clanking. How well is Lacy going to be running and will the run set-up the pass? Those will be the issues I plan to watch.
I live in Dallas and their defense is playing pretty good. They have lots of weakness in their CBs, but Sean Lee is a force at OLB. Dallas's offense is broken. A good defense should keep them bottled up, but this is the NFL and the other team gets payed to play just like the Packers.

I haven't heard much about the Packer's O-Line this week which usually means a few of the starters are playing through injuries.
Overall....looking forward to the game!
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
Thanks Ricky and as usual will reopen the thread on Game Day for same day discussion.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 08:00:36 PM »
Opening this up tonight as don't know when I'll get on Sunday.

Good news is that we will get the game on satellite TV (DISH) out of Phoenix here in our winter home in Casa Grande, AZ.

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
We're heavily favored - Ls Vegas has us by 6.5. Frankly I don't know why. It's all about which Packers team shows up. The only defense I see to this line is that the NFL east sucks worse.

Word around the NFL is that our receivers don't scare anyone. I think that's quite apparent.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »

Word around the NFL is that our receivers don't scare anyone. I think that's quite apparent.

Thanks for opening early Mark. I'll be gone all day tomorrow at a swim meet and will likely mss the game.

Anyway, I think a lot can be done to scheme receivers open, even when you don't have a true #1 WR on the field. Hopefully McCarthy is digging deep into the playbook to resurrect some of the old plays - slants, rubs, crossing routes, etc - and also learning from the creative offenses we've seen (Carolina, Denver, etc) how to properly run a WR bubble screen. The packers version of it sucks.

Offline Raff

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 10:12:15 PM »
Anyone have a status update on our offensive line?

Hoping some of our injured O-lineman are back this week --

Offline mikebpackfan

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 10:33:21 PM »
Anyone have a status update on our offensive line?

Hoping some of our injured O-lineman are back this week --

Seems like all but Linsley are a go, though Bulaga is still listed as questionable.

Quarless is officially not returning this week as they would have had to activate him today.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 08:48:13 AM »
Keys to the game:

Play a lot of base 3-4.  If DC plays nickel he'll allow their OL to control the LOS, and the game.  Force them to throw.  Dom's defenses typically feed off of below-average QB's.  He'll have a chance today to shut the Dallas offense down if he stops the run early.   

Get Rodgers out of the pocket.  Dallas has the pass rushers to get to Rodgers.  Find a way for him to get out of the pocket and make a few easy throws.  Last year Rodgers killed Dallas from the Pistol formation because they had to roll a safety over to Jordy's side of the field.  That won't happen this year. 

Ball security.  Catch the ball.  Hang on to the ball.  We'll win if we don't drop 8 passes and turn it over. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 09:01:36 AM »
We also gotta get Lacy going.  Getting some semblance of a running game will take some of the pressure off Aaron and our beat up WR corps.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 11:32:49 AM »
We also gotta get Lacy going.  Getting some semblance of a running game will take some of the pressure off Aaron and our beat up WR corps.

This is going to be a very interesting week regarding Eddy Lacy. If he gets as much action as he did last week, then this issue isn't short term.

On another note, this isn't exactly the offensive line you'd expect to get your pass rush going against. I think we have to blitz to get to Cassel. If we do, he'll throw us a couple.

Finally, with the weather it's comes down to who holds onto the ball better. If turnovers become one sided, the game could as well and that could go either direction.

I do think the Pack will win, and hope it is because they played well rather than lucked into it like last week.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »
MM calling the plays on offense again.

Lacy starting.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »

Lacy starting.

Kudos to Mike McCarthy for taking this back over. One of my biggest complaints about him is he had been slow to react when one of his coaches had clearly not been living up to the expectations.

I honestly do not see how this could not be an improvement. One of, if not the biggest strength of McCarthy is as a play caller.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 12:07:40 PM »

Lacy starting.

Kudos to Mike McCarthy for taking this back over. One of my biggest complaints about him is he had been slow to react when one of his coaches had clearly not been living up to the expectations.

I honestly do not see how this could not be an improvement. One of, if not the biggest strength of McCarthy is as a play caller.

I do hope that he calls a fee screens.  That's the one thing TC did that I really liked.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 12:42:59 PM »
Go Pack! On the road going to miss this one!