November 24, 2017, 06:59:34 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs Raiders Game Day Thread  (Read 15562 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers vs Raiders Game Day Thread
« on: December 16, 2015, 07:57:47 AM »
The Raiders aren't going to be pushovers, especially at home. And although I'm not overly optimistic, I'm also not in panic mode. The Raiders defense is ranked 12th in the league in run defense, at 101 yards yielded per game. The Packers defense averages giving up 116 per game, for comparison. But, that seems to be high, as the defense gets gouged on occasion for big gains, rather than allowing steady, draining runs that wear down a defense. In the passing game, the Raiders defense is ranked 28th. Now, there is a sudden Khalil Mack frenzy- five sacks in one game will do that- but the Packers are aware of this, and should make adjustments to help out their tackles.

Will the Packers defense continue to play at a high level? Why not? Here's a link to the Raiders offensive stats for the year.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=OAK

We all know the problems the Packers offense has had. The questions are obvious: will the running game be able to get going? Will the WR's finally get open enough to satisfy Rodgers? Will the uptempo offense continue with MM calling the plays? This will not be easy, and a fumble or pick could change the game suddenly in the late going. But if the Packers are going to be a serious playoff team, they need to stay hot now.

Forget the seedings- just win, baby.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs Raiders Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 09:11:51 AM »
Thanks Ricky and as usual will reopen the thread on Game Day for discussion.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 08:52:56 AM »
We are open for Game Day discussion.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »
Player to watch today who will be a key factor:  Richard Rodgers. 

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 11:04:32 AM »
Will the Raiders be concentrating on stopping the run game? And if they do, will the Packers WR's get open enough so Rodgers feels comfortable throwing to them? Rainy conditions could favor them, because they know the routes they are running. On the other hand, slippery conditions could make sudden cuts difficult. The best scenario would be for the running game to again dominate, even with the opponent trying to stop it. Either way, JWB!
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 11:14:34 AM »
I really hope Lacy can put together another stellar game. I think his running last week really gave the team an emotional boost, something they've beenly clearly lacking during the dry spell. Not to mention it will slow the pass rush and loosen things up for Rodgers to throw the ball. Speaking of Aaron Rodgers, it would sure be great to see him step up and start to play like an MVP, instead of glowering at teammates and shaking his his head.

Given some playing time, I think Abby will have an impact on the offense today, or maybe on a punt return. And on defense I think Jake Ryan, getting some more reps, will make a big play. I also hope  Jayrone Elliot gets more snaps. Peppers really hasn't done much this year, and even though he's getting paid ALOT of Jack, I'm for getting these youngsters some playing time. They're the future of the team.

Finally, a nod to The "Jeff Janis Fan Club:" How about another one of his long kick-off returns, OR he's been awfully close to blocking a punt a couple of times this year. Maybe he gets to one today!

Maybe I'm whistling in the dark here, but injuries and all, I think the Packers are primed to start rolling just in time for a Play-Off run! GO PACKERS!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:15:43 PM by JQ »

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
I guess my key to the game for the packers will be protecting Rodgers. If the OTs can keep Rodgers clean in the pocket, the pack should have a good chance to win, especially with MM calling plays and going back to a more traditional west coast scheme.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 12:02:08 PM »
Randall and Rollins need to hold up as well. Amari Cooper is a rising star, Crabtree is solid, and Derek Carr has been airing it out all year.

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 01:32:08 PM »
Green Bay weather?  It is pretty cold here in the Bar Area, about 50 degrees but feels colder and should be raining throughout the game.   Ground game is going to be a factor.  Hopefully, we see the Packers OL opening holes again for Lacy and Starks.  Packers average 121 rushing a game while the Raiders average 91 per game.  Passing game shows the Raiders a bit better per game but 5 more INTs.  They have given up 21 sacks to our 31 sacks.  We got get after Carr.   

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 01:42:44 PM »
Green Bay weather?  It is pretty cold here in the Bar Area, about 50 degrees but feels colder and should be raining throughout the game.   Ground game is going to be a factor.  Hopefully, we see the Packers OL opening holes again for Lacy and Starks.  Packers average 121 rushing a game while the Raiders average 91 per game.  Passing game shows the Raiders a bit better per game but 5 more INTs.  They have given up 21 sacks to our 31 sacks.  We got get after Carr.

Radar looks like light rain but agree on getting our ground game going.

Got my Packer gear on, just made 1st Bloody Mary and the weather is sunny here in Casa Grande, AZ. No local TV coverage out of Phoenix so will be listening to Wayne & Larry.

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 01:43:43 PM »
inactives:

Green Bay Packers
7 QB Brett Hundley
37 CB Sam Shields
38 RB John Crockett
55 LB Andy Mulumba
79 G Josh Walker
86 TE Kennard Backman
88 WR Ty Montgomery
Starting lineup changes: #23 Damarious Randall will start at cornerback in place of #37 Sam Shields.

Oakland Raiders
20 S Nate Allen
26 RB Roy Helu, Jr.
31 CB Neiko Thorpe
73 T/G Matt McCants
80 WR Rod Streater
82 TE Gabe Holmes
93 DT Leon Orr

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 02:03:56 PM »

Got my Packer gear on, just made 1st Bloody Mary and the weather is sunny here in Casa Grande, AZ. No local TV coverage out of Phoenix so will be listening to Wayne & Larry.

Snowbird?   I know exactly where you are at ..  the weather and the golf courses are awesome.    If you have access to the internet then why not watch online?   

http://goatd.net/

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 03:04:21 PM »

Snowbird?   I know exactly where you are at ..  the weather and the golf courses are awesome.    If you have access to the internet then why not watch online?   

http://goatd.net/

Yup, snowbirding!

Trip Journal.

Thanks for the link.

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 03:05:19 PM »
Raiders won toss and deferred.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »
Packers sound sluggish.