September 23, 2017, 06:00:07 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs Cardinals Game Day Thread  (Read 15764 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers vs Cardinals Game Day Thread
« on: December 23, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »
No time to waste; no time for excuses; its time to put up or shut. Time to separate the pretenders from the contenders. This won't be an easy game for either team, to my thinking. The Cardinals have been in blowout wins, and close games against good opponents. So, not a toss-up; the Packers are definitely underdogs, but are still in the hunt. Frontrunners? Nope. But they are in the hunt. And just as I said I'd believe in them making the playoffs until mathematically eliminated, I now formally declare them in the SB until they're eliminated. Why not hope for the best, but prepare for the worst?

And, along that line, just wanted to extend our best wishes to one and all for a Merry Christmas, happy holidays and Happy New Year.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs Cardinals Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:05:33 PM »
Thanks Ricky and as usual will reopen this on Game Day for discussion.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 07:05:31 PM »
Opening this up a few hours early.

Good news...we get the game on TV.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 05:21:43 AM »
I was listening to a podcast on a Packers fan site, and someone projected a possible problem with the new long snapper. That the kickers- in particular Masthay, as both punter and holder for Crosby, might be affected by a different snapper. The commentator in particular said that Masthay was liable to get rattled at any change in the routine. That could be something to keep an eye on- poor placement of a FG attempt, or a miscue during a punt attempt could reward Arizona with some points or field position that could tilt the game in their favor even more.

Because I am very, very concerned about this game. If the Packers lay an egg, you can confidently put any playoff hopes to rest- unless they dominate against the Vikings again. Then, who knows? Because without hope, what do we have?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 09:04:48 AM »
If the Packers lay an egg, you can confidently put any playoff hopes to rest- unless they dominate against the Vikings again. Then, who knows? Because without hope, what do we have?

Having watched the ESPN 30 for 30 marathon, I have the opinion that we are like the 83 wolfpack.  Regardless of the outcome in the next two weeks, we are not favored to go all the way.  But once we start the playoffs, it is all about "survive and advance".

This will be a tough game, being away with some key injuries.  I would play Barclay at left tackle and try to get Bahktiari healthy for the playoffs.  Do what we need to do to get ready for the playoffs.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 10:35:45 AM »
IMO, the key is the running game.  We wont hang with AZ if we don't  control the ball.  We don't  have the passing game to get into a shootout.  Which Eddie Lacy shows up will be a factor in this.  Look for a lot of dink and dunk from the Packers today.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 11:21:01 AM »
Wonder if we see Quarless today?

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 11:59:15 AM »

I would guess yes, otherwise why activate him? Especially with Perillo out. I think Backman might be activated as well this week. Doubt he'll (Backman) get any meaningful snaps but he should be a gameday active.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline GB Jim

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 12:03:48 PM »
IMO, the key is the running game.  We wont hang with AZ if we don't  control the ball.  We don't  have the passing game to get into a shootout.  Which Eddie Lacy shows up will be a factor in this.  Look for a lot of dink and dunk from the Packers today.

Without Jordy dink and dunk seems to have been the standard passing attack this season. Had to laugh though, when I first read it I thought is said, "Look for a lot of drink and drunk from the Packer's fans today."

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 12:26:54 PM »
Because without hope, what do we have?

Tsk....tsk.....we always have each other  :)

Online reaper3429

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »

I completely agree if we can get yards up the middle we win this game. Especially if we come out early with Lacy/Starks and get something going on that first drive. I doubt we go for 230 and we certaintly shouldnt need to. If we get 100 we win or at least have a good chance at winning.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 12:32:46 PM »

Had to laugh though, when I first read it I thought is said, "Look for a lot of drink and drunk from the Packer's fans today."

Thats every week!!  lol

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 02:14:28 PM »
inactives

Green Bay Packers
7 QB Brett Hundley
37 CB Sam Shields
55 LB Andy Mulumba
69 T David Bakhtiari
80 TE Justin Perillo
86 TE Kennard Backman
91 LB Jayrone Elliott

Starting lineup changes: #23 Damarious Randall will start in place of #37 Sam Shields at cornerback. #67 Don Barclay will start in place of #69 David Bakhtiari at left tackle.

Arizona Cardinals
9 QB Matt Barkley
26 S Rashad Johnson
27 CB Corey White
47 OLB Shaq Riddick
74 T D.J. Humphries
94 NT Xavier Williams
97 DT Josh Mauro

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 02:15:30 PM »
With only 2 TEs active, I would say yes.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 02:17:35 PM »
inactives

Green Bay Packers
7 QB Brett Hundley
37 CB Sam Shields
55 LB Andy Mulumba
69 T David Bakhtiari
80 TE Justin Perillo
86 TE Kennard Backman
91 LB Jayrone Elliott

Starting lineup changes: #23 Damarious Randall will start in place of #37 Sam Shields at cornerback. #67 Don Barclay will start in place of #69 David Bakhtiari at left tackle.

Arizona Cardinals
9 QB Matt Barkley
26 S Rashad Johnson
27 CB Corey White
47 OLB Shaq Riddick
74 T D.J. Humphries
94 NT Xavier Williams
97 DT Josh Mauro

Is Mulumba the 53rd man on our roster or what? Not sure how many safeties Arizona carries, but Johnson is out too. so we get their second string safeties. Middle of the field should be open and I don't think either of their back ups are as good of tacklers as the starters. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:19:30 PM by golfman »
"Make the Packers Great Again! "