September 21, 2017, 04:27:13 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs Cardinals Game Day Thread  (Read 15738 times)

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs Cardinals Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 02:19:43 PM »
While my gut doesn't feel overly confident about today's outcome for GB, I had to pause and ask myself, "if I'm betting against the Packers today and they lose, would I change my feeling about GB's chances against the Cardinals back in their house a few weeks from now in the playoffs?"  Essentially I'm wondering, if I don't feel GB's chances of winning in Phoenix today are very good, then what would need to happen for me to believe this team can beat them in their house in the playoffs?

I'm going to take an optimist viewpoint here.  Say GB loses today, well, I guess a lot can change between now and a few weeks from now should GB find themselves back in Phoenix.  First, injuries can impact any team at any time, and all it would take is a few key injuries to the Cardinals lineup to change the chemistry of their machine (not that I'm hoping for this, it's just a factor).  Secondly, GB still has a chance to get hot with their current lineup.  If a couple of guys really step up and lead, anything's possible.  I could say that being in the playoffs would give GB extra incentive to beat the Cardinals the second time around, but this factor applies to the Cardinals also, so it's more or less a wash.

In closing, I think it's possible GB digs deep and wins today, but if they don't, there's still reason to believe they can go back to the desert a few weeks from now and still have a chance.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 02:22:50 PM »
Well, Sam Shields would make a world of difference in the secondary as he's our #1 CB. That would be one change. Not to mention we should have our LT back as well. I'd feel a lot better if we had those two guys in the line up.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 02:27:08 PM »
Well, Sam Shields would make a world of difference in the secondary as he's our #1 CB. That would be one change. Not to mention we should have our LT back as well. I'd feel a lot better if we had those two guys in the line up.

This is true, golfman, and it would make me more optimistic also.  Getting players back and getting hot, could be the tipping point in January!

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 03:17:32 PM »
"Getting players back......."
Seem to have been an early and often comment this year and we'reunning out of time.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2015, 03:18:18 PM »
Factoids:

Carson Palmer has posted a 50+ Total QBR (average or better) in all 14 games this season. No other QB has more than 11 games with a 50+ QBR.The only QB with a longer single-season streak was Tom Brady in 2007 (16 games).

Aaron Rodgers is 8-of-26 (30.8%) against the blitz his last 2 games, and has a career-worst 52.6 completion percentage against the blitz this season. No team has blitzed more than the Cardinals (46% of dropbacks) this season.

The Cardinals have won 8 straight games, tied for the 2nd-longest streak in franchise history. The last time the Cardinals had a win streak this long was 1948-49 when the franchise was located in Chicago. The last 2 times the Cardinals posted 8-game win streaks, they played in the championship the year the streak started.

This is the Packers first game back at Arizona since the 2009 Wild Card playoffs. The Cardinals beat the Packers 51-45 in overtime in what was the highest scoring game in postseason history. It was Aaron Rodgers' first playoff start, and the Packers lost when Karlos Dansby returned a Rodgers fumble for a touchdown in overtime.

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2015, 03:25:49 PM »
"Getting players back......."
Seem to have been an early and often comment this year and we'reunning out of time.

That's what has me worried most.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 03:26:08 PM »
Gotta luv the special teams  :)

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 03:26:27 PM »
Card won coin toss and elected to receive.

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »
Sounds like a home game.   A lot of Packers fans at the game.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2015, 03:26:45 PM »
Well, we start on defense first. I hope that works out to be a good thing. They got weapons.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2015, 03:28:34 PM »
Good start by the DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2015, 03:28:47 PM »
3 + out to start the game  :)  (We're on D btw)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2015, 03:29:25 PM »
Lacy!

Gotta come up big today
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 03:29:56 PM by Leader »

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 03:29:47 PM »
Let's keep the penalties down today boys, just grind it out.  No injuries please!

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2015, 03:36:15 PM »
Unfortunately, Peterson is going to get away with that a lot based on reputation, but that was PI.