September 25, 2017, 07:22:16 PM

Author Topic: What do the Packers need the most?  (Read 10204 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: What do the Packers need the most?
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 09:01:44 AM »
For the record I think TT should stay for sure. The roars for MM's head are going to get a lot louder if they lose today.

I dont think anybody could have any serious b*&^% with the playcalling yesterday.....and gee, even AR seemed to like it. Whaddya know.

Its a wonder what a little less pass rush pressure will do for an offense - and - WA's DB's aren't out of this world good - SO - I fully expect our next game to be more "competitive" passing-wise.

Unfortunately - you cant change and/or "rachet up" the playcalling, design, slight of hand or mystery on a week by week basis. So - our WR's will have to get as open against AZ as they did against WA. Will they be able to do that? I dont see why they would. AZ's considerably better. Does that suddenly mean the playcalling, design, slight of hand or whatever (!) is dog meat, need be pulled apart and dissected on a play by play - formation by formation - route tree by route tree - basis? No. Not in book.

Stats and results prove MM's knows what he's up to. Far better than any of the experts around here. So chill a bit folks and enjoy the ride.
Chances are real good it wont be a long one. AZ's rocking it pretty good this year. Can they be beat? Anybody can. Will our WR's suddenly find openings that didnt exist a couple weeks ago? I hope so. 

One things good - our rookie DB's will have seen (and have good memory) of necessary coverages et al.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 09:03:40 AM by Leader »

Offline Pack2SB

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2016, 05:17:35 AM »
What's killed us the most over the years are teams getting wide on us for long gains. More speed at the ILB position on defense. More strength on the offensive line, so with our first 2 picks I would take the best player available at lb and ot. I would even trade our 3rd and a 5th to move up to get another pick in the 2nd round. If we could get 1-3 possible impact players in the 1st 2 rounds, it could shore up this team where needed.

Offline gbnd4life

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2016, 11:54:22 PM »
What we need most!!! 1. ILB!!! Ryan and Barrington might be ok and Matthews playing all over the place. I got sick and tired of Joe Thomas , he's just plain horrible and I know he was only out there cause we had no one else really!!! 2. LT!!!! David GiveMeBackMyAtari is not the answer!! I'd keep him and not resign Barclay... 3. TE!!! I don't know how many of you think Richard Rodgers is good or going to be great, but he has really no speed or shiftiness at all!! Quarles will not be resigned!!! 4. A new punter I not even going to speak on this position!!!

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2016, 03:05:51 PM »
1)  Talent, Speed and depth at the LB position.  You can't run a 3-4 defense without talent and speed!  We've been neglecting this area
2)  When you have a goldmine at QB, you want to protect it.  We have failed miserably there.  Need talent and Depth on the OL!
3)  Been a Packer fan for 50 plus years and have seen some memorable games.  The sore thumbs are the 4th and 26 with Donovan
     McNabb, more recently the Fitzgerald catch and the numerous slaps and lack of attempts to tackle and bodyslam the SOB into oblivion   
     to end the game!  I think we need a new Defensive Coordinator.  Was hoping our past LB coach from the Steelers would fit that role.
4)  In this upcoming draft I would like to see us draft 3 linebackers, 2 offensive lineman, 2 defensive lineman, a qb and a wr.  Fortunately 
     for us, the DL, OL and LB's are loaded this year!
5) Is this MM's last year?  My reply, no super bowl adios muchacho! Coughlin? Can you imagine how coughlin would be with this team and
     talent?

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2016, 11:46:17 PM »
When all 5 starters are healthy we have one of the better O lines in the league.  Unfortunately they were a beat up group last year.  I do agree - depth is needed at offensive tackle.

Unless we don't make the playoffs this coming season this won't be MM's last season in GB.  Coughlin's overall NFL win loss record (.537) isn't as good as McCarthy's (.643) and he will be 70 years old when the 2016 season begins.  Yes, he won 2 SBs but his teams are not as consistent as we have been since we hired MM.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2016, 07:22:17 AM »
When all 5 starters are healthy we have one of the better O lines in the league.  Unfortunately they were a beat up group last year.  I do agree - depth is needed at offensive tackle.

Unless we don't make the playoffs this coming season this won't be MM's last season in GB.  Coughlin's overall NFL win loss record (.537) isn't as good as McCarthy's (.643) and he will be 70 years old when the 2016 season begins.  Yes, he won 2 SBs but his teams are not as consistent as we have been since we hired MM.
Even if they don't make the playoffs this season, MM still won't be fired unless the team quits on him.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith