November 18, 2017, 05:55:49 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers vs Cardinals Playoff Game Day Thread  (Read 21657 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers vs Cardinals Playoff Game Day Thread
« Reply #495 on: January 16, 2016, 10:45:54 PM »
And seriously, we accept this kind of a lost?  Shouldn't there be accountability?  How on earth do you leave their best play uncovered?  And then miss tackle after tackle when he runs the ball down to the 6 yard line.  There needs to be accountability.

We were playing zone defense. The zone naturally shifted when Palmer moved to his right. Fitzgerald stayed behind. If we bring down Palmer, it is a moot point. The tackling of him was not great however.

Exactly. We should have pulled him down. Had multiple shots at him - but everybodies tired and they didnt wrap up. Stinks big time, but it is what it is.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #496 on: January 16, 2016, 10:46:03 PM »
I didn't see it hit ground...

Call me nuts, go for 2 here, just took their spirits away, I don't want to see them with the ball in OT.

Like I said...the whole game stuff has went against us. We looked hung over with excitement still after that hail mary to start OT.

Then you have that asinine coin flip.

We played better than them withstanding one lucky tipped pass in the end-zone and that awful OT drive.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #497 on: January 16, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »
Fantastic game. So many things could have changed this game one way or another. In the end, yes, I will say I am proud of how well this team played with all the injuries, all the doubts, all the adversity. in the end, one blown coverage made the difference. Still, an epic game, a great effort, as this team came so close after being dismissed by all the experts.

Thanks for a thrill ride of a season.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #498 on: January 16, 2016, 10:46:15 PM »
Our best play call of the second half was a hail mary... not loving that

Offline Thom_Tedson

• Starter
« Reply #499 on: January 16, 2016, 10:46:23 PM »
Good season... Way to go down swinging. Next year is the Pack's year.

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #500 on: January 16, 2016, 10:46:37 PM »
And seriously, we accept this kind of a lost?  Shouldn't there be accountability?  How on earth do you leave their best play uncovered?  And then miss tackle after tackle when he runs the ball down to the 6 yard line.  There needs to be accountability.

We were playing zone defense. The zone naturally shifted when Palmer moved to his right. Fitzgerald stayed behind. If we bring down Palmer, it is a moot point. The tackling of him was not great however.

Then .. zone with an all out blitz should NOT have been called.  Again, accountability.    Also, I am not in the same mind set that  .. "we should have had our asses handed to us tonight and we were in the game .. so give us an atta-boy."    We had a chance to win this game.  We are the Green Bay Packers.  The franchise with 13 titles.   That sort of talk is "loser talk."  I always expect to win each game. 

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #501 on: January 16, 2016, 10:47:22 PM »
If it took the Cardinals OT to beat a packers JV squad they're going to get stomped next week

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #502 on: January 16, 2016, 10:47:44 PM »

Definitely. Fire everyone. 'Cause we're pissed.

In fact, that's such a good idea I'm gonna talk to Larry about firing most of our posters.

We're done here today.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #503 on: January 16, 2016, 10:48:28 PM »

Then .. zone with an all out blitz should NOT have been called.  Again, accountability.    Also, I am not in the same mind set that  .. "we should have had our asses handed to us tonight and we were in the game .. so give us an atta-boy."    We had a chance to win this game.  We are the Green Bay Packers.  The franchise with 13 titles.   That sort of talk is "loser talk."  I always expect to win each game. 

You're way too full of yourself. Nobody wanted to lose the game - but a realistic assessment of chances doesnt equate to "losers" - if thats so, every commentator, pundit, sportswriter, et al - would all be losers. Well, they're not.