November 19, 2017, 08:20:10 AM

Author Topic: Will TT/MM change?  (Read 5632 times)

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: Will TT/MM change?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 12:27:29 AM »

By the way, that Minnesota team had Adrien Peterson and really only needed a quarterback to make a run for a Super Bowl.  That's why I never really held it against Favre that much for playing for the Vikings - it was his best chance for getting another ring.

thumbsup) He probably would have won one if it werent for the dirty saints.

He might have won another one had he not retired in 2008.   ;)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 04:45:05 AM »
I don't think Mike is opposed to change.  Last offseason is exhibit A.  He fired his ST assistant, shuffled his offensive assistants jobs and gave up play calling so he could concentrate on all of the aspects of the team.  Now this year he canned 2 more assistants.  I hope along with replacing these 2 coaches he addresses the QB/WR situation and hires/appoints a separate WR coach.  I have a feeling our young WRs' development might have been hampered by having Van Pelt stretched too thin because he had too much on his plate.
If the WR corp says healthy, the coaching thing won't be an issue as you will have Nelson, who is bacially on on-the-field coach, to bridge the gap. Never underestimate the value of the leadership that veteran WR's like him bring to the table. No other WR the Packers have, including Cobb who is still only 25, are at that point yet.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 04:48:35 AM »
By the way, that Minnesota team had Adrien Peterson and really only needed a quarterback to make a run for a Super Bowl.  That's why I never really held it against Favre that much for playing for the Vikings - it was his best chance for getting another ring.
It wasn't so much that he went to Minnesota to play, it was his blatant attempts to maneuver his way to Minnesota while he was still under contract to GB. IF he had just kept his mouth shut, filed for reinstatement to moment hje decided he was interested in playing again, and acted professionally on his way out of GB, the vitriol wouldn't have been anywhere near what it was when he went to Minnesota.

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 12:49:37 PM »
It wasn't so much that he went to Minnesota to play, it was his blatant attempts to maneuver his way to Minnesota while he was still under contract to GB. IF he had just kept his mouth shut, filed for reinstatement to moment hje decided he was interested in playing again, and acted professionally on his way out of GB, the vitriol wouldn't have been anywhere near what it was when he went to Minnesota.
Well, I agree Favre acted like a pampered athlete/diva, and I certainly don't hold him blameless, although I forgive and forget at this point.  I still don't hold it against him for wanting to play with Minnesota if he couldn't stay here, because Minnesota was clearly the best fit for him.  But I think some fans would hold it against him playing for a rival no matter how he went about it. 

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2016, 12:53:24 PM »
Favre did maneuver to get to Minnesota. But, at least it wasn't the Bears. That would have been too much.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2016, 01:55:35 PM »
Favre did maneuver to get to Minnesota. But, at least it wasn't the Bears. That would have been too much.

I remain convinced he wanted inside....his days of winning cold weather games was over.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2016, 09:35:39 AM »
Well, I agree Favre acted like a pampered athlete/diva, and I certainly don't hold him blameless, although I forgive and forget at this point.  I still don't hold it against him for wanting to play with Minnesota if he couldn't stay here, because Minnesota was clearly the best fit for him.  But I think some fans would hold it against him playing for a rival no matter how he went about it.
I know that some would, but it would have been an extreme minority if he had acted professionally.