September 25, 2017, 07:21:50 PM

Author Topic: McCarthy an old shoe that is worn out  (Read 7135 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: McCarthy an old shoe that is worn out
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2016, 11:32:11 AM »
Lets chill with the Richard Rodgers has no talent:

NAME   REC   TAR   YDS   AVG   TD   LONG   20+   YDS/G   FUM   FUML   YAC   1DN
James Jones   50   100   890   17.8   8   65   18   55.6   1   0   211   39
Randall Cobb   79   129   829   10.5   6   53   11   51.8   0   0   417   42
Richard Rodgers   58   85   510   8.8   8   61   6   31.9   0   0   224   27

Is he as fast as I/others would like? No.
Is he as good a blocker as I/others would like? No.
Does he demand coverage as much as I/others would like? No.

Could better TE coaching brought out more in him? Neither you or I can make that determination - but dont call him a bum or "untalented"

Untalented athletes dont make it to the NFL - in ANY position.
They die on the combine / draft / training camp vine.
They dont put up numbers like Rodgers did.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2016, 04:17:28 AM »
Yeah I agree with some of your points, but McCarthy is not going anywhere anytime soon.

This isn't a one owner NFL franchise where head coaches get fired, you would need a major season long melt down for McCarthy to get the boot.

He will be coach as long as he wants winning one or two playoff games and never advancing to the NFC championship game let alone another Super Bowl.

Then again they did manage to do it once and they have Rodgers so theres that.
He got the team to the NFC title game in 2014. To say he never will again is absurd. Also, if he wins 2 playoffs game I guarantee you he is in the NFC Championship Game.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2016, 04:26:48 AM »
Anyone else realize New England Patriots lost 4 of their last 6 regular season games this year - games played without their top WR Edelman?

Anyone else realize Tom Brady was hit more in yesterday's game than any QB in any game this season? 

I think that's pretty illustrative of a coach that can't make adjustments.  Probably time to look at that sole... sarcasm

On a side note, the Patriots fired their Oline coach after the game. Dude has been good all year despite who plays.... then one bad showing. Thats a message. They didn't blame player execution. Coaches scheme and adjust. The standards are high in new england.
There is another S that actually applies here: scapegoating. BB is scapegoating the coach to deflect blame from himself. He is the one who passed up 2 chip shots FG's and came up with no points.  Points mind you that could have put his team in the Super Bowl. He will throw whoever he needs to under the bus to deflect blame.

Think this twist example of the OL coach contract not being renewed, or 'fired' as some like to say, is him being more of a 'scapegoat' for the lack of execution on the field.
Yep. BB blames everyone else but himself.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:28:38 AM by cpk1994 »
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2016, 02:59:46 PM »
This team was ONE play from the Super Bowl last year..ONE play from the NFC Championship game this year.  ONE play from beating SF previously.   This "sense of urgency" is just BS IMO -- the players have proven they can play and compete on the biggest stages, the coaches have proven they can coach and compete on the biggest stages.  They're in every game.
This brings up the question then of, if we are so close, why do we keep falling short in this situations?  We are we one play short so often?
Maybe if the team was better, they wouldn't be in that position where they needed that ONE play to win, maybe we'd be in position to force the OTHER team to make that ONE play to get the win.

We were and they made it.[/[/u]i]  The plays are heart-breaking and stunning but none are indicative of some breakdown in coaching.   Watch enough NFL games and you start to realize there is real parity in the league.  Games all around the league are decided by one big play.  One fumble recovery, one deflection, one missed field goal.     Just GB but take your pick:

Russell Wilson floats a WILD 2-pt conversion pass that only needs to be deflected down by HaHa.   Seattle made that play but that pass gets knocked down 9 out of 10 times

Seattle kicks an onside kick that Bostick inexplicably tries to field in front of Jordy Nelson - acting counter to the direct coaching he had received.  Seattle recovered though and made that play

Randall plays a pass perfectly and deflects it away from the intended receiver....only to watch it deflect into the waiting arms of Michael Floyd running behind the play in the endzone.   Is McCarthy to blame?   I know the ref that missed the Arizona player blocking downfield is.  I know luck is.

Randall, who played quite well up to that point in OT, blows a coverage assignment and leaves Fitzgerald wide open for a big game.  He was coached to do something and he didn't execute.   Fitzgerald makes people miss and makes that play

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2016, 03:15:09 PM »
This team was ONE play from the Super Bowl last year..ONE play from the NFC Championship game this year.  ONE play from beating SF previously.   This "sense of urgency" is just BS IMO -- the players have proven they can play and compete on the biggest stages, the coaches have proven they can coach and compete on the biggest stages.  They're in every game.
This brings up the question then of, if we are so close, why do we keep falling short in this situations?  We are we one play short so often?
Maybe if the team was better, they wouldn't be in that position where they needed that ONE play to win, maybe we'd be in position to force the OTHER team to make that ONE play to get the win.

We were and they made it.[/[/u]i]  The plays are heart-breaking and stunning but none are indicative of some breakdown in coaching.   Watch enough NFL games and you start to realize there is real parity in the league.  Games all around the league are decided by one big play.  One fumble recovery, one deflection, one missed field goal.     Just GB but take your pick:

Russell Wilson floats a WILD 2-pt conversion pass that only needs to be deflected down by HaHa.   Seattle made that play but that pass gets knocked down 9 out of 10 times

Seattle kicks an onside kick that Bostick inexplicably tries to field in front of Jordy Nelson - acting counter to the direct coaching he had received.  Seattle recovered though and made that play

Randall plays a pass perfectly and deflects it away from the intended receiver....only to watch it deflect into the waiting arms of Michael Floyd running behind the play in the endzone.   Is McCarthy to blame?   I know the ref that missed the Arizona player blocking downfield is.  I know luck is.

Randall, who played quite well up to that point in OT, blows a coverage assignment and leaves Fitzgerald wide open for a big game.  He was coached to do something and he didn't execute.   Fitzgerald makes people miss and makes that play

Another one QFT

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2016, 03:27:08 PM »
Another one QFT

Please confirm which applys:

QFT:   Quoted For Truth (website; slang)   
QFT:   Quality Family Time   
QFT:   Quality Face Time   
QFT:   Quest For Tech, Inc.   
QFT:   Quit Freaking Talking (polite form)   
QFT:    Quite Freaking True (polite form)

:)

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2016, 03:37:11 PM »
A TE who had no talent to work with. Who's best TE, a slow, weak, athletically lacking overpick actually put up respectable numbers. So I really do not see the reason why. Now if the OC, WR, or OL coach went, I could have seen that.

We get that you don't see the reason why.  No need to point it out further.

Ill drop it once the notion is dropped that firing a guy who did a decent job was a great way to change the offense.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline eX Oh

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2016, 04:29:09 PM »
Ill drop it once the notion is dropped that firing a guy who did a decent job was a great way to change the offense.

The only one in this thread insisting repeatedly that he knows things that he clearly doesn't is you.  You would appear 100% smarter if you just kept silent. 

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2016, 03:40:20 AM »

The only one in this thread insisting repeatedly that he knows things that he clearly doesn't is you.  You would appear 100% smarter if you just kept silent. 

right, you have the same reasoning as your pal. "You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors so you are wrong.... but I have my opinions thats obviously correct even though I also don't know what goes on behind closed doors." Give me a break. And get out of here with your crap.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2016, 10:16:27 AM »
Settle down boys!!!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2016, 10:31:45 AM »
Another one QFT

Please confirm which applys:

QFT:   Quoted For Truth (website; slang)   
QFT:   Quality Family Time   
QFT:   Quality Face Time   
QFT:   Quest For Tech, Inc.   
QFT:   Quit Freaking Talking (polite form)   
QFT:    Quite Freaking True (polite form)

:)

The first one.   8)