November 19, 2017, 08:19:30 AM

Author Topic: Peter King sounds off on TT  (Read 19703 times)

Offline hitnhope

• All Pro
Re: Peter King sounds off on TT
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2016, 07:41:54 PM »

Wolf was not an "A" player. His draft record in the first round was abysmal He failed after the first Super Bowl to supply his HOF QB with weapons.  He is A- at best. I would say B+. I would say TT is also B+ after cleaning up the mess Sherman gave him.
Wow.  Tough grader.

Those aren't my grades.  Ask CPK about it.

I say Wolf was an "A" player,  and TT is a "B".

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 07:42:40 PM by hitnhope »

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2016, 04:30:38 PM »

sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was your set of grades.

I would give Thompson an "A" as well.  Not many Gm's get to say they got to the NFL championship game 3 times, and won a super bowl, and made the playoffs 7 years in a row and 8 of the last 9 times.  He doesn't get a perfect score on the test, but he still is up there relative to the norm for GM's.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2016, 09:28:20 AM »

sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was your set of grades.

I would give Thompson an "A" as well.  Not many Gm's get to say they got to the NFL championship game 3 times, and won a super bowl, and made the playoffs 7 years in a row and 8 of the last 9 times.  He doesn't get a perfect score on the test, but he still is up there relative to the norm for GM's.

With the salary cap and the league wanting parity I give Ted good grades here too.  It is damn difficult to be a contender all these years drafting near the end of each round every year.  Wasn't the change in FA and the salary cap one of the main reasons why Wolf retired?

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2016, 03:50:05 AM »

If you think they are on the same level than I question yur knowledge of both history and football.

Wolf did an incredible job reviving a dead franchise.  TT has done ok maintaining it.

Wolf used every avenue,  TT uses only the draft.  Putting them on the same level requires either revisionist history,  a huge blind spot, or a lack of knowledge/information.

It is like saying Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were equals.
This is beyond absurd. TT has matched Wolf on the field yet Wolf is great while TT is just OK?  That proves bias beyond a shadow of a doubt. Also, discrediting sdomeone based on your own set of arbitrary criteria is cherry picking to fit a narrative. The fact that TT has been able to match Wolf's on the field success with little use of FA makes it at least as impressive as Wolf alone as TT did it with less..You don't pick certain things out of the whole body of work.

IT is clear that you are not objective on this and your bias is beyond clear. Any objective person who admit that TT and Wolf have been just as good. 

"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2016, 03:50:40 AM »
Exactly.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline hitnhope

• All Pro
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2016, 01:06:31 PM »

If you think they are on the same level than I question yur knowledge of both history and football.

Wolf did an incredible job reviving a dead franchise.  TT has done ok maintaining it.

Wolf used every avenue,  TT uses only the draft.  Putting them on the same level requires either revisionist history,  a huge blind spot, or a lack of knowledge/information.

It is like saying Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were equals.
This is beyond absurd. TT has matched Wolf on the field yet Wolf is great while TT is just OK?  That proves bias beyond a shadow of a doubt. Also, discrediting sdomeone based on your own set of arbitrary criteria is cherry picking to fit a narrative. The fact that TT has been able to match Wolf's on the field success with little use of FA makes it at least as impressive as Wolf alone as TT did it with less..You don't pick certain things out of the whole body of work.

IT is clear that you are not objective on this and your bias is beyond clear. Any objective person who admit that TT and Wolf have been just as good.

Tt simply isn't as good.  You can use qualifiers to your argument such as "Absurd",  "biased", "not objective" and the like.  All of these adjectives can just as easily be assigned to you.   What reason would I have for any of these?   I have been a Packer fan going back to the late 1960's.   What reason would I have to be biased?   Not objective?   None other than simply being intellectually honest.

Quite frankly,   anyone who thinks that TT is as good a GM as Ron Wolf simply shows a lack of knowledge or intellectual dishonesty.   Wolf created something from nothing using all avenues available.    TT has managed to kind of maintain, only willing to use 1 arrow out of the multiple at his disposal.   

Maintaining is a heck of a lot easier than creating.    So stop with the name calling,  use some of your intelligence review the facts and gain the understanding that while TT is pretty good,  Wolf was better.   It isn't an insult to call TT a "B".   That makes the honor roll.   It is insulting to call someone who is a "B" as good as an "A" player and HOFer. 

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2016, 01:53:39 PM »
Okay......drop it.....folks.
One's an A one's a B.
One's an A- ones a B+
Who knows the difference and who gives a s&^%?

Drop it and leave each other alone.
You've expressed your opinions - so move on.
Geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2016, 02:39:00 PM »
"It is beyond insulting to call someone merely OK who has already matched the on field success of the guy you call great.  It is insulting and biased to call someone a B who has matched the success of the guy you have called an A. "

Come on. I mean really?
I mean - is this really necessary?
What possibly is the goal here (?) whats to be gained?

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2016, 03:03:57 PM »
cpk....Obviously you didn't get the message from Leader.

Your post has been removed and this is the last word on your back & forth.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Shanedorf

• All Pro
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2016, 03:37:52 PM »
Jared Cook is looking good in camp/ preseason
LaDarius Green is on PUP and out for the 1st 6+ weeks of the season

I wonder if Peter King will write a follow up story ? Not holding my breath.... 8)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/30/steelers-place-green-on-reservepup/