September 24, 2017, 07:07:50 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 9000 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: September 22, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »
Finally, home cooking. There's no place like home. The friendly confines of Lambeau Field. The Frozen Tundra. Time to right the ship, get back on course, and win one for the Gipper. OK, enough cliches. This is a division game against a team that has a good QB, has some good WR's, and has given the Packers fits the last few times they've played. All that written, this should be a win. Especially if Rodgers plays as well as he usually does in Lambeau. But, then again, the template for stopping AR (and, therefore, the Packers offense) was offered in the Denver game on a Sunday night. Since that outing, the Packers offense, and Rodgers in particular, have not been as effective.

https://theringer.com/something-is-wrong-with-aaron-rodgers-af70c87703a7#.lrzkjju4r
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 12:04:12 PM »
Thanks Ricky and as is the norm will re-open the Game Day thread on Game Day.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline maxman44

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:53:25 AM »
Clay Matthews (ankle, hamstring), Datone Jones (knee), Letroy Guion (knee), Morgan Burnett (groin) and T.J. Lang (hip) all will try to workout tomorrow in advance of Sunday's game against the Lions, according to Packers coach Mike McCarthy. He said Jones and Guion have been outfitted with braces, and they will see if they can function with those.
Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0570984786840002303-4

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 07:02:27 PM »
Opening this up a little early as will be busy doing other things in the morning.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 08:53:37 PM »
Final injury reports..

Packers:
 - Out:  Shields, Burnett, Clay
 - Doubtful:  Guion, D. Jones
 - Questionable:  TJ Lang

Lions:
 - Out:  Ansah, Levy, Barnes, Williams
 - Questionable:  Ebron, Gilberry, Reiff, Taylor, Van Noy, Walker, Warford

Lions had already put Abdullah on the IR

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 08:58:22 PM »
I've seen the 'experts' calling for this to be low scoring. With all the injuries on the defensive side of the ball for both teams, this could be a shootout.

-Make them one dimensional by stopping the run
-Win turnover battle
-Feed Lacy the ball early and often
-Rodgers throws in rhythm and stops hanging onto the ball.

My one question is who provides the pressure on Stafford? Answer hopefully is Perry, Peppers, Daniel, Elliott, and Clarke!

Packers 38
Lions 17
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 09:03:09 AM »
Sounds like Guion and D. Jones might be out too. If so that would be a very depleted defense.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 09:25:26 AM »
Sounds like Guion and D. Jones might be out too. If so that would be a very depleted defense.

I was expecting Guion to be out and hoping Jones would be able to go. I'd rather have them healthy after the bye than force them into duty today.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 09:29:34 AM »

I was expecting Guion to be out and hoping Jones would be able to go. I'd rather have them healthy after the bye than force them into duty today.

Agreed.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 09:33:59 AM »

Agreed.

Lions are probably without Levy and another back up linebacker. That means they only have 3 linebackers on the roster unless they make a move from the practice squad. One of them Van Noy, is questionable to play as well. Time to feed Eddy early and often.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 09:45:36 AM »

Lions are probably without Levy and another back up linebacker. That means they only have 3 linebackers on the roster unless they make a move from the practice squad. One of them Van Noy, is questionable to play as well. Time to feed Eddy early and often.

At the Lions website on Friday they already has Levy listed as Out.  Also Out are Ansah (best DL), Williams (lb - backs up Levy) and Barnes (cb - backup)

They also have Van Noy listed as questionable... so obviously not 100%...  Lions really beat up in LB corp.

Khyri Thorton is on the Lions team coming to GB... did not know he was with the Lions.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 09:48:47 AM »

At the Lions website on Friday they already has Levy listed as Out.  Also Out are Ansah (best DL), Williams (lb - backs up Levy) and Barnes (cb - backup)

They also have Van Noy listed as questionable... so obviously not 100%...  Lions really beat up in LB corp.

Khyri Thorton is on the Lions team coming to GB... did not know he was with the Lions.

If he doesn't play they have 2 active linebackers. Not sure if they will activate someone from practice squad or how much in advance of the game you have to do that. Just looked at their roster and they have Miles Killebrew a safety that goes 222. My guess is we see him playing some linebacker this week.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:51:07 AM by golfman »

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 10:09:40 AM »
Ian Rappaport just reported on NFLN that the Packers, in an attempt to get more speed on the field, have installed some plays for Ty Montgomery and Trevor Davis for this week. 

Groundbreaking idea from MM - to use more than 3 of his 7 WR's. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 10:10:10 AM »
Packers aim to showcase speed of Ty Montgomery, Trevor Davis

"The Packers are not worried about quarterback Aaron Rodgers. In their minds, he is absolutely fine, throwing well ... and not the problem with the offense. Instead, as Green Bay gets set to host the Lions today, the focus is on more explosive plays. And to do that, multiple sources tell me the Packers are putting more speed on the field."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000708581/article/packers-aim-to-showcase-speed-of-ty-montgomery-trevor-davis

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 10:15:03 AM »
Packers aim to showcase speed of Ty Montgomery, Trevor Davis

"The Packers are not worried about quarterback Aaron Rodgers. In their minds, he is absolutely fine, throwing well ... and not the problem with the offense. Instead, as Green Bay gets set to host the Lions today, the focus is on more explosive plays. And to do that, multiple sources tell me the Packers are putting more speed on the field."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000708581/article/packers-aim-to-showcase-speed-of-ty-montgomery-trevor-davis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMICD3aMZpw

Bow wow wow! "I want Janis!"