November 19, 2017, 04:30:16 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 10977 times)

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Lions v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2016, 02:55:16 PM »
It's really disappointing that this has turned into a 7 point game with 2 minutes to go.  I'll take the win but I'm not convinced that this team is back on track just yet.

Exactly
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2016, 02:55:30 PM »
Eddie Lacy: 17 carries for 103 yards

Offline Striker

• All Pro
« Reply #272 on: September 25, 2016, 02:55:38 PM »
Not the cleanest win, but I'll take it. Rest up, because the secondary is gonna be tested vs. the Giants.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2016, 02:56:15 PM »
I will reiterate..... the damn zone coverage...... Packers likely win but Capers did best to try and stop that and MM second half offense was a premeditated change for no reason.... Let's quit what's working.....
I will reitierat. It's not the scheme. It's personnel. The DB's have been absolute garbage. It does not matter what you scheme when the DB's are completely lost and have no clue.

If you don't understand what the scheme is asking of the DB's then you really shouldn't comment. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #274 on: September 25, 2016, 02:56:29 PM »
Rob Demovsky ESPN Staff Writer:
Eddie Lacy goes over the 100-yard mark. That's 103 yards on 17 carries. His first 100-yard game since Dec. 13, 2015 against the Cowboys.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #275 on: September 25, 2016, 02:57:00 PM »
Not the cleanest win, but I'll take it. Rest up, because the secondary is gonna be tested vs. the Giants.

Agree there.....

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2016, 02:57:09 PM »
Wow, 2nd and 1 and MM calls a play that goes under center and simply hand the ball to Lacy with no tricks. Now was that so hard?

MM needs to go up to Aaron and thank him for bailing him out on that series.

Come on cpk.....the "coaching brilliance" is getting a bit thick no?
Look, he calls a good game for the most part, but when they have to close out the game, he goes back to the same idiotic calls that got him in trouble in the past. He went right back to the stupid shotgun pitch play and runs out of the shotgun when lining up under center and handing the ball to Lacy was gashing the Lions all game long. It's like he can't help himself.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »
Wow, 2nd and 1 and MM calls a play that goes under center and simply hand the ball to Lacy with no tricks. Now was that so hard?

MM needs to go up to Aaron and thank him for bailing him out on that series.

Come on cpk.....the "coaching brilliance" is getting a bit thick no?
Look, he calls a good game for the most part, but when they have to close out the game, he goes back to the same idiotic calls that got him in trouble in the past. He went right back to the stupid shotgun pitch play and runs out of the shotgun when lining up under center and handing the ball to Lacy was gashing the Lions all game long. It's like he can't help himself.

No prob. The play by play sarcasm was getting a bit thick. I misspoke with the "brilliance" comment. I mean I'm sure we both agree, you're not brilliant  LOL (Just bustin on ya....laugh!)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2016, 03:00:33 PM »
Thanks for joining us and we'll you back here in 2 weeks when the Giants come to Lambeau for Sunday Night Football.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2016, 03:02:06 PM »
Dear CPK, shinesman,ssg,

I'm very sorry we won. I know you guys are all heavily invested in getting yourself all worked up then coming here to see if you can get a bunch of other people to feel like crap.

We all do, however, appreciate your tireless work at trying to make us all hate our team. You know, cause we get injuries and play imperfectly, which, we know, if you were running things no one would get injured and no mistakes would be made.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!