September 24, 2017, 07:04:56 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Cowboys v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 22049 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Cowboys v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: October 12, 2016, 08:12:02 PM »
This will be a challenging game on several levels. First, it'll pit the #1 running offense against the #1 running defense. golfman made this point earlier in another thread, but it bears repeating. There is also the dual threat that Dak Prescott can present, as both a runner and passer. His ability to roll out and effectively run either option is something the team hasn't faced this year. The rookie LBers in particular are going to be challenged. That, and apparently Dez Bryant is going to play. The offense is pretty potent, but the defense is somewhat suspect.    http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=dal

So, this could come down to how well the Packers offense can control the clock and score TD's when the get into the red zone. Success against the Cowboys running game will be relative- keeping the offense from making "splash" plays (20 or more yards at a gulp), keep them kicking FG's and tightening up when they enter the red zone, and all will be well. To me, its a toss-up.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:55:46 AM by marklawrence »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Cowboyss v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 10:49:05 AM »
Thanks Ricky and as is the norm will re-open this thread on Game Day.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Cowboys v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 09:56:31 AM »
Open for business.

Is Dez for real? Word on the street is, if he wins this game Romo sits.

And meanwhile, will Aaron have a good game? QB rating 129 against the Lions, then 65 against the Giants. Another year of 65 to 90 ratings will be another lost year.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 10:13:56 AM by marklawrence »
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 10:27:58 AM »
I believe you refer to the Dakster.....and not Dez?  Hopefully today we wont be seeing any Dak to Dez success....although I'm unsure who exactly will be covering Dez. Seems a perceived strength of our D has.....evaporated somewhat over recent weeks. A concern. Hope Lacy's ankle isnt all that bad...but concerned there as well. In a general sense.....I have more concerns than I'd care to have at the moment.

That said....we will beat Dallas  :)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 10:30:53 AM »
I believe you refer to the Dakster.....and not Dez?  Hopefully today we wont be seeing any Dak to Dez success....although I'm unsure who exactly will be covering Dez. Seems a perceived strength of our D has.....evaporated somewhat over recent weeks. A concern. Hope Lacy's ankle isnt all that bad...but concerned there as well. In a general sense.....I have more concerns than I'd care to have at the moment.

Dez will not be 100%. Also, Ian Rappaport and Adam Schefter both report Dez is a long shot to even play and that it is a game time decision. I wouldn't be worrying about him.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 10:33:22 AM by cpk1994 »
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 10:35:38 AM »

Dez will not be 100%. Also, Ian Rappaport and Adam Schefter both report Dez is a long shot to even play and that it is a game time decision. I wouldn't be worrying about him.

Why thank-ya cpk. Good news :)

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 10:52:23 AM »
Dez, Dak, Daq, Dab, I can't keep these dallas crooks straight.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 11:09:54 AM »
Why thank-ya cpk. Good news :)
Ed Werder now reporting that it is an "almost an absolute certainty" that Dez will not play.

Also will note that Charles Woodson on ESPN Countdown picked the Packers to win saying "We will win.". Man is still a Packer at heart.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:14:26 AM by cpk1994 »

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 11:58:19 AM »
If both true this is a big advantage for us. Especially given our injuries at CB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000721177/article/injury-roundup-cowboys-bryant-a-long-shot-to-play
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 02:01:18 PM »
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2m2 minutes ago:
Cornerback Damarious Randall is active, but Quinten Rollins is not. Randall missed last.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 02:54:52 PM »
We knew Starks was out, but this update, per Jay Glazer at Fox Sports, states he had surgery this morning:

The Green Bay Packers may have to use wide receiver Randall Cobb at running back beyond this week.

The Packers will be without backup running back James Starks for a couple weeks, according to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer. Starks reportedly had surgery Sunday morning to "clean up" an issue with his knee.

Starks injured his knee in Tuesday's practice and then had a death in his family this week. He was ruled out for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys, leaving Eddie Lacy as the only healthy running back on the roster. The Packers said they would use Cobb as Lacy's backup Sunday, but expect fullback Aaron Ripkowski to get more carries with Starks out.

Lacy had a minor ankle injury during last Sunday's game against the New York Giants. Should that ankle injury be re-aggravated Sunday, the Packers could be in trouble against the Cowboys.

Iím very curious to see how the Packers try and establish the run game, and I sure hope Lacy doesnít really aggravate that ankle.

I think this will be an interesting game, and although the Packers sure have struggled on offense, I expect them to win.

On defense it should help to have Pennel back, and I think they can confuse Dak. I look for him to toss his first interception today.

Iíll listen to Wayne and Larry on WTMJ, because the seattle game will be the local tv broadcast.  \ - : #

GO PACKERS!!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:09:50 PM by JQ »

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 03:29:03 PM »
Capers coming out in nickel vs. the Cowboys - not wise when they have 2 TE's and a FB in the game. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 03:30:33 PM »
Capers getting outcoached on the opening drive.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 03:30:51 PM »
No OPI there?  He arrived before the ball was there.  Maddening that it always gets called on GB and never opposing teams. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.