September 24, 2017, 07:01:42 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Cowboys v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 22048 times)

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
Re: The OFFICIAL Cowboys v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #360 on: October 16, 2016, 06:26:49 PM »
Sorry, folks - this team isn't even close to playoff worthy. Dismiss it as you wish, but they are bad in all phases right now.

Unfortunately, if the season plays out this way, McCarthy will hang for at least another year...Just look at Capers tenure.

Now just waiting for "We have 3 DBs out...what do you expect?"...Which does not explain the putrid offense.
1. Going to the playoffs 7 straight seasons earns you the right to fix the problems if you miss the playoffs this year first.

2. The DB's were bad even at full health.

They're lucky as hell to have made the playoffs last year...without the fast start, this team wouldn't have even been close. they've been this poor for a year now.
You don't get to 6-0 on luck. They had nobody at WR last year and still made the playoffs, won a game and took the Cardinals to OT and were in great position to win that game. That isn't luck either.

They have talent, but they are way underachieving right now.

Yep. Starts with the coaches and the QB.

Really starting to feel like anytime we have a big game, our defense completely underperforms. Dominates the scrubs and plays down when it matters.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #361 on: October 16, 2016, 06:27:17 PM »
Sorry, folks - this team isn't even close to playoff worthy. Dismiss it as you wish, but they are bad in all phases right now.

Unfortunately, if the season plays out this way, McCarthy will hang for at least another year...Just look at Capers tenure.

Now just waiting for "We have 3 DBs out...what do you expect?"...Which does not explain the putrid offense.
1. Going to the playoffs 7 straight seasons earns you the right to fix the problems if you miss the playoffs this year first.

They're lucky as hell to have made the playoffs last year...without the fast start, this team wouldn't have even been close. they've been this poor for a year now.
You don't get to 6-0 on luck. They had nobody at WR last year and still made the playoffs, won a game and took the Cardinals to OT and were in great position to win that game. That isn't luck either.

Ok - So the team has clearly just regressed a ton with the same players, plus some draft picks then.

Read McGinn's article. We lived and died by the hard count must of last season. Doesn't work anymore, and stopped worked last season, and the teams honed in on the offense and completely limited us.

Only promising thing I see from this game is WRs 4-7 getting snaps.
Sure you could say that for this season.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #362 on: October 16, 2016, 06:27:46 PM »
We're down by 14 with 2 minutes left and we're running a draw? 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline gbnd4life

• Starter
« Reply #363 on: October 16, 2016, 06:28:08 PM »
I do believe and feel that Rodgers ego is to big!!! I believe he feels that any throws he throws will be completed!!!( Like Hi!!! I'm Aaron Rodgers!!!! I'm dating Olivia Munn and I do commercials!!! Me and my Packers are unstoppable!!!) There is nooo fire and you can see it in his eye''s, I just feel and can see it, to many high ego's on this team.

I hate it every beginning of the year they are talked about being in the Super Bowl!!! and yes I know the secondary is banged up and there's s lot of season yet, but until this team can get hungry and lose these ego's!!! This team won't even make the playoffs!!! LOSE THE F&$#ing EGO's!!! For example Those 2 Hail Marry's last year!!! Prime Example!!! I can throw any pass and it will be completed!!! Just think about it!!! To many BIG EGO's!!!!

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #364 on: October 16, 2016, 06:29:23 PM »
I do believe and feel that Rodgers ego is to big!!! I believe he feels that any throws he throws will be completed!!!( Like Hi!!! I'm Aaron Rodgers!!!! I'm dating Olivia Munn and I do commercials!!! Me and my Packers are unstoppable!!!) There is nooo fire and you can see it in his eye''s, I just feel and can see it, to many high ego's on this team.

I hate it every beginning of the year they are talked about being in the Super Bowl!!! and yes I know the secondary is banged up and there's s lot of season yet, but until this team can get hungry and lose these ego's!!! This team won't even make the playoffs!!! LOSE THE F&$#ing EGO's!!! For example Those 2 Hail Marry's last year!!! Prime Example!!! I can throw any pass and it will be completed!!! Just think about it!!! To many BIG EGO's!!!!
He is definitely struggling, but this is a preposterous stretch.

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #365 on: October 16, 2016, 06:30:52 PM »
We lived and died by the hard count must of last season.
Fair point.  It was impressive while it worked, but I got the impression they started to rely on it, and it's just too gimmicky to rely on.  Now that teams are on to it, it isn't effective anymore.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #366 on: October 16, 2016, 06:31:13 PM »
I do believe and feel that Rodgers ego is to big!!!

B-I-N-G-O! We have a winner. The same thing happened to Favre later in his career. Rodgers has decided who he will and won't throw to and it's killing the team. McCarthy is too weak of a coach to correct it so it will persist and McCarthy will swear nothing needs to change.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #367 on: October 16, 2016, 06:32:34 PM »

They have talent, but they are way underachieving right now.

Yep. Starts with the coaches and the QB.

Really starting to feel like anytime we have a big game, our defense completely underperforms. Dominates the scrubs and plays down when it matters.
You can't really blame the defense when the offense does nothing. The defense can only hold up for so long.

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #368 on: October 16, 2016, 06:32:45 PM »

B-I-N-G-O! We have a winner. The same thing happened to Favre later in his career. Rodgers has decided who he will and won't throw to and it's killing the team. McCarthy is too weak of a coach to correct it so it will persist and McCarthy will swear nothing needs to change.

I do think someone needs to send Aaron the message that he is not untouchable. 

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #369 on: October 16, 2016, 06:33:07 PM »
By the way congrats to Favre and glad they honored him at halftime. He's 0-2 now when he's come back to be honored. I'd say he needs to stay in Mississippi!
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #370 on: October 16, 2016, 06:33:22 PM »
The sad part about this game is that MM actually called a diverse game.  He got Rodgers under center and he rotated players in.  He ditched the no-huddle for the most part.

This game truly falls on the players.  AR missed open WR's.  He turned the ball over too often.  The receivers need to hang on to the ball. 

As shitty as this team played, if you change those turnovers it is still a game.  If you change some decisions at the end of the half and go in at 10-6 it is a different game.  If we have our whole secondary and just one healthy RB, its probably a different game. 

Aaron Kampmaan once said - in the NFL its never as good as you think it is and its never as bad as you think it is.  I was encouraged by the position that MM put AR12 in.  Rodgers and his receiving corps just didn't deliver. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline packdaddy

• All Pro
« Reply #371 on: October 16, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »

And make that another bingo. Winner number 2.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #372 on: October 16, 2016, 06:34:30 PM »

I do think someone needs to send Aaron the message that he is not untouchable.
And how do you send that? The only way is to sit him down and go through tape which Rodgers and Co do every week.  ACtually, the one who needs to be sent a message is MM as AR is clearly not buying what MM is selling anymore.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2016, 06:34:30 PM »
By the way congrats to Favre and glad they honored him at halftime. He's 0-2 now when he's come back to be honored. I'd say he needs to stay in Mississippi!

I'll agree with that one!  :)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #374 on: October 16, 2016, 06:35:55 PM »
Thanks all for joining in today and we'll see you back here this Thursday night when the Bears come to Lambeau.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.