September 25, 2017, 07:21:57 PM

Author Topic: Next Head Coach  (Read 6199 times)

Offline Redt

• Starter
Next Head Coach
« on: October 16, 2016, 09:54:26 PM »
I think Josh McDaniels is ready for another opportunity. Brady is no more able than Rodgers and I believe that our offense would benefit from his experience and tutelage under Belicheck. The Patriots show an ability to adjust and succeed regardless of personnel and injuries, the time for change is near.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
Re: Next Head Coach
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 10:15:03 PM »
We'll limp into the playoffs and MM will be safe another year.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 10:15:44 PM »
Not until we have a new GM.  twocents)

Online iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 10:49:35 PM »
As long as we're hypothetically replacing the head coach, someone recently mentioned Jim Harbaugh.  Don't know if that's at all realistic, but that sounds like a good suggestion.  I breathed a big sigh of relief when they (foolishly, IMO) kicked him out of San Fransisco for the college ranks.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 10:52:32 PM »
As long as we're hypothetically replacing the head coach, someone recently mentioned Jim Harbaugh.  Don't know if that's at all realistic, but that sounds like a good suggestion.  I breathed a big sigh of relief when they (foolishly, IMO) kicked him out of San Fransisco for the college ranks.

I think the Rodgers and Harbaugh egos would clash way too much.

I do like the McDaniels idea to be honest, but as others have pointed out, that's not happening any time soon.

Offline raptorman

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 10:52:44 PM »
Tom Coughlin. 
Something new coming soon!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 10:54:10 PM »
The next GM will select the next Head Coach.  McCarthy is here at least as long as Thompson is.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 11:00:39 PM »

Harbaugh has about a 5 year shelf life.  He'll  start out winning but he's so abrasive that as soon things don't go well, his schtick doesnt go well with most teams.  Works great when your 12-4.  When you become 9-7, you are looking for a train to put him on.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:02:18 PM by The GM »

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 03:09:20 AM »
The next GM will select the next Head Coach.  McCarthy is here at least as long as Thompson is.
I disagree. WHile nothing will happen this season. If they miss the playoffs this season and next with the same issues still plaguing the team, I can see TT dismissing MM.

But let's stop with the Harbaugh stuff. He isn't leaving his alma mater for Green Bay.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Online cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 06:40:54 AM »
I disagree. WHile nothing will happen this season. If they miss the playoffs this season and next with the same issues still plaguing the team, I can see TT dismissing MM.

But let's stop with the Harbaugh stuff. He isn't leaving his alma mater for Green Bay.

Nor would I want him to.  The guy is a goon. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 08:24:02 AM »

You have to factor in when Thompson himself retires.  He isnt going to strap the next GM with a new coach if he leaves in the next 2-3 years  I dont think Murphy would go for that.  Thompson is going to ride MM out, retire and the next GM will decide if MM stays or goes.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 01:47:08 PM »

Harbaugh isn't leaving Ann Arbor IMO and frankly I don't think Green Bay could ever afford him.   He's having another child and for the first time in decades he's close to his family.  They all live next to each other.  Think he's wired more for college.  The recruiting is right up his quirky ally.  He's not built to work with multi-million dollar babies long term IMO. 

Given what he's done in just 2 years at Michigan and what they went through under their last 2 coaches it isn't going to be money that Harbaugh leaves for (if he leaves).  There will not be a price too steep to keep in in AA where they are flush with money.
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 02:40:17 PM »
I think Josh McDaniels is ready for another opportunity. Brady is no more able than Rodgers and I believe that our offense would benefit from his experience and tutelage under Belicheck. The Patriots show an ability to adjust and succeed regardless of personnel and injuries, the time for change is near.

McDaniels issue in Denver was more than just bad personnel decisions.  He has extremely poor interpersonal behaviors.  Here is a quote:

A public assertion from a Broncos staffer that McDaniels treats his people like shit is a sure sign that the situation is becoming toxic, and it serves to further support the conclusion that the Broncos head coach has an inability to get along with players (e.g. Jay Cutler, Peyton Hillis, and Brandon Marshall), assistant coaches (e.g. Rick Dennison, Mike Nolan, and Bobby Turner), and front office executives (e.g. Jim Goodman).

I was at a party after McDaniels was fired, and the brother of a Denver assistant was telling me what went on- I won't bore you with the details, but it basically included a lot of examples of the details of the above accusations.  It was the kind of stuff that made you think that McDaniels is an idiot-savant-- someone that can run an offensive game plan at an elite level, but needs a guy like Bellichick to deal with all of the actual management and personnel issues that go with being a head coach.

I don't want the Packers anywhere near this guy as head coach. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:41:09 PM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Redt

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 07:02:21 PM »
McDaniels history with the Broncos was several years ago. Like I said, I believe he has learned form BB and may be ready for another opportunity. This job would be devoid of GM responsibilities which created to many entanglements with personnel. Not getting along with Cutler and Marshall is hardly a negative.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 10:22:56 PM »
McDaniels history with the Broncos was several years ago. Like I said, I believe he has learned form BB and may be ready for another opportunity. This job would be devoid of GM responsibilities which created to many entanglements with personnel. Not getting along with Cutler and Marshall is hardly a negative.

It was more than just Cutler and Marschall.  The team hated him, the assistants hated him, and people in the front office hated him.

I think he would have a hard time putting together a staff just based on how he treated his assistants last time.  Some guys just aren't cut out for head coach, and Josh may be one of them.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."