September 24, 2017, 07:06:14 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Bears v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 11644 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Bears v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: October 17, 2016, 12:06:49 PM »
Short week, and hopefully a short memory for the entire team on the last game. The good thing is it's the Bears. And they're simply a really bad team. A team I despise. And for those offended by childish antics, do not click on the link, which of course is a favorite song of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avRHH9uAL4Q

So, the Packers should be able to beat this group handily, and hopefully the crowd will give Sitton a warm welcome, because its not his fault he was forced to move on, and the guy has said nothing derogatory about the Packers to my knowledge. And after this game, I think it's time to evaluate ways to get AR back on track. Which I addressed in another thread. The Packers need to get a win simply to keep pace with the Vikings, who seem to be the class of the league. With a new, untried coach.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Bears v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 05:16:01 PM »
Thanks Ricky and as is tradition will re-open the thread early on Game Day.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:01:04 PM »
Opening this up a little early as I will be busy in the morning.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline favre_4_ever

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 08:02:46 AM »
Just find a way to win.... Stop the run in Nickel so safeties can play over the top and help out has to be the game plan. Rodgers-- compete. Trust your Wrs... and like I said. Find a damn way to win-- than try and heal a few guys up

Offline maxman44

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 09:01:10 AM »
Just find a way to win.... Stop the run in Nickel so safeties can play over the top and help out has to be the game plan. Rodgers-- compete. Trust your Wrs... and like I said. Find a damn way to win-- than try and heal a few guys up

I'd be tickled with a 1 point win

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 09:05:44 AM »
I am hoping that Knile Davis has a stat line of 2 carries for about 150 yds and 2 touchdowns.  That will give us something positive to talk about in the AM. ;D

I ahve to agree with Leroy Butler- this could be a very high scoring affair.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 11:40:07 AM »
Maybe Bears week is just what the doctor ordered... you know, since there isn't a second bye week.

The bears oline is not Dallas. If we want to help this secondary our front 7 needs to get after Hoyer early and often... I hope Aaron has found himself. Looking to see what Monty will do. I hope we go back to quick throws and let Aaron get in rhythem. It would be nice to see one package with Davis as well. Maybe a end around with Janis? Come on MM, get creative again!

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 12:33:24 PM »
Even though it counts like any other game, this is a plenty to lose, not so much to gain, game.

If the Packers win you will hear "Hey, it was only the Bears, wait until they play a good team".

If the Packers lose we will be picking bits of sky out of our hair.  facepalm) facepalm) facepalm)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:39:43 PM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 12:52:03 PM »
We just need to get through this one with the W. Yes the Bears suck, but we have almost nothing in the cupboard at either RB or CB. Find a way to win this game, and who cares what the armchair critics want to say about it afterward. Then we have another extended break to a) get some guys healthy, and b) assess both situations and perhaps make another move or two.

I'm curious to see how Ty and Jackson look at RB tonight.

Offline tied2thetracks78

• Starter
optimism
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 01:17:54 PM »
I think Packer nation is in a bad place at the moment, I know I am. I found myself on the fire MM band wagon for the first time last week. I'm going to be optimistic about a few things tonight.

1. Davis, he will have limited play but he will be competent and have a strong year.

2. Guntner, he got his ass handed to him and will not want to have a repeat. He will step up and look like he belongs in the NFL.

3. ARod, Hopefully he sees that the blame is falling on him and understands that he is not above the wrath of fans.

4. DLine comes out swinging. Pennel in his second week back, Daniels wont le his line get away with a run defense like last week.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 04:29:50 PM »
Just spoke to my brother about the game tonight and going forward. The last time we were a 'pass first' offense was 2010. If was after that McCarthy decided he needed to be a run first physical team. The offense hasn't really been the same since.

Might be a blessing in disguise with our running back situation. IF Rodgers can get his MOJO  back. He was a lot better QB distributing the ball around.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 04:39:04 PM »
Reasons to win: it's the Bears, the oldest rivalry in pro football. It's a division game, and this could become more important at the end of the season. It's important to notch another win with the Vikings looking so formidable. It's important to re-establish Lambeau as a place opposing teams hate to visit. And, of course, it's the Bears. AndI really, really hate the Bears. Really.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 04:45:03 PM »
Reasons to win: it's the Bears, the oldest rivalry in pro football. It's a division game, and this could become more important at the end of the season. It's important to notch another win with the Vikings looking so formidable.
Yeah, with the Vikings firmly in control of the division (at least at the moment), we might need to win this game to get a wild card spot.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 05:46:37 PM »
The question was posed to Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers like this: "Diagnosing what's wrong with Aaron Rodgers has turned into a cottage industry. When you look at yourself, what do you see that you would like to do better?"

Rodgers boiled it down to one thing.

"I think it's just accuracy," he said this week.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/34360/no-easy-fix-diagnosing-and-solving-aaron-rodgers-problems

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 07:00:15 PM »
Anybody know if Adams is going to go tonight? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask.

Forget it, just read he passed concussion protocol and is active. That is pretty sketchy if you ask me. Clears the concussion protocol in 4 days.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:01:31 PM by golfman »
"Make the Packers Great Again! "