November 19, 2017, 04:29:24 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Washington Game Day Thread  (Read 15263 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Washington Game Day Thread
« on: November 16, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »
Another week, another opportunity to turn things around. It's been a very, very rough stretch, and if this team isn't ready to chew steel bars spit nails, then indeed, the nails may be the ones to put on the team's coffin lid as this season slowly dies. There are some signs of hope, as some players are returning from the ranks of the injured. But, the injuries to Bakhtiari and Lang could be lingering enough to keep them sidelined. But, a wounded, angry, determined team could well rise up and surprise everyone. Or, they could play like flops from a tall cow again. We'll find out Sunday night.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Washington Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 09:03:34 PM »
Thanks Ricky and we'll reopen this thread on Game Day.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 09:25:24 AM »
Open for discussion.

popcorn)
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 10:33:31 AM »
I really just want to see the team play well.  If they are playing well and get beat I can live with that.  But if they perform like the have the past 2 weeks we have some serious issues in that locker room that have to be addressed after this season is over.    :(

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 11:26:02 AM »
Scorewise, the Packers are not down to a must win game yet, they could lose this game and still go 10-6. However, psychologically it might be must win time, to prevent the team mailing the rest of the season in.

Having all played 9 games, every opponent the Packers have yet to play, have allowed less total points against than the Packers (yes, even the Bears). Three teams have allowed 160 or less points compared to the Packers 234 (Eagles Texans Vikes).
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 11:32:50 AM »
Washington is the most efficient team in the league in third down conversion rate. This could be a problem.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/goska/2016/11/18/goska-3-and-out-test-awaits-packers-defense/94071468/

And. also found at PFT, here is an opinion by McGinn on the turnover ratio in Green Bay. But, he doesn't mention the multiple, multiple times a DB has had the ball thrown right at him, but bobbled it rather than catching it. Because that is truly maddening! But, also, a cautionary tale to those who want to replace Capers can be found in the body of the article.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2016/11/19/mcginn-mccarthy-must-turn-tide-turnovers/94074720/

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 11:48:30 AM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline BTIdaho

• Second String
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 11:41:23 AM »
For me, the first quarter is key.  Do we come out with some intensity and punch them in he mouth, or do we  get behind early and wilt?

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 11:52:39 AM »
Important week for the Packers.  The playoff picture is wide open as the only team in the NFC with more than 6 wins is Dallas.  As odd as it is, we realy aren't out of the wild card picture yet.  Things will start sorting themselves out going forward from this week, so if we are going to get on the train, today is the place to do it.

Time for the young CB's and the young ILB's to have the light go on, and surprise the Redskins.  It will be a tough game for Martinez and Thomas with having to stop the rookie "fat Rob" Kelley in the run game but also deal with Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis in the pass game.  They better get used to it though, because it looks to me like that is where NFL offenses are heading in the future.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 12:04:12 PM »
Having all played 9 games, every opponent the Packers have yet to play, have allowed less total points against than the Packers (yes, even the Bears). Three teams have allowed 160 or less points compared to the Packers 234 (Eagles Texans Vikes).

Could you restate this so even a sleep deprived dummy such as myself can understand it?

Offline BTIdaho

• Second String
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 12:19:12 PM »
Every team we play from  this point moving forward has allowed fewer points than us. 

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »
Scorewise, the Packers are not down to a must win game yet, they could lose this game and still go 10-6. However, psychologically it might be must win time, to prevent the team mailing the rest of the season in.

Last three weeks (games): 111
First 6 games: 123

More alarming is the trend here. Washington's offense is pretty good. If we hold them under 30 it will be a good game and we might have a chance to win. If we don't it could be early bedtime for me.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 12:54:48 PM »
Here’s the injury report for both teams from the Packer website:

http://www.packers.com/team/injury-report.html

It will be quite interesting to see if the Packers are ready to play tonight, on a national TV broadcast. I think those Tight Ends are going to cause Big problems for the Packers, but if they can slow them down, and get some heat on Cousins. They may have a shot.

(Not so) special teams have to improve; missed extra points several LONG returns, muffed punt last week-the play has been REALLY Sloppy!  Zook’s name hasn’t come up much on this board, but he’s the one who was charged with improving the STs when Slocum got booted. It’s time to pick it up.

I’ve found myself wondering if Jacob Schum’s ball placement might be a part Mason Crosby’s sudden dip in performance. Crosby’s not one to complain, like our former place kicker, but it’s very odd he misses TWO extra points in the past few weeks, and one FG (that I recall), which he normally would have drilled.

Clay Matthews and Jared Cook will be back, so I sure hope that helps. The Packers will need all available hands to win this game, or at least not get embarrassed on Sunday Night Football. We’ll see if they have the resolve to come together and try and salvage the rest of season, or if they’ve completely fallen apart. It starts tonight, one game at a time.

GO PACKERS!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 01:35:14 PM by JQ »

Offline Skinny

• All Pro
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 12:58:29 PM »
Their TEs are going to have a field day against us I know that.

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 03:28:47 PM »
I don't expect anything different than what we have watched the last four games.  TE's will have a field day against the Packers, unless Carl Bradford has a breakout game.  Should've been playing since Game 1.  The only chance we have of winning is if Cousins reverts back to his Jay Cutler inner self!

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 03:37:59 PM »
I can't believe the same Giants team that we made look bad is now 7-3 while we are 4-6.  Looks like they've gotten better while we are struggling.