November 22, 2017, 10:23:47 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Washington Game Day Thread  (Read 15470 times)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Washington Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 03:50:12 PM »
I can't believe the same Giants team that we made look bad is now 7-3 while we are 4-6.  Looks like they've gotten better while we are struggling.

Make that 4-5. Letís not jump to conclusions...  ;)

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 06:04:51 PM »
Welp...

Christine Michael is inactive - which gives us precisely 1 running back tonight.  But hey - we do have 2 FB's active if Starks gets hurt!

:o
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:07:32 PM by cheech »
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 06:08:03 PM »
The following players will not play in Sunday night's game between the Green Bay Packers and the Washington Redskins:
Green Bay Packers Green Bay Packers
23 CB Damarious Randall
32 RB Christine Michael
47 LB Jake Ryan
70 G T.J. Lang
73 C/G JC Tretter
91 LB Jayrone Elliott
99 DT Christian Ringo

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Matthews-Cook-set-to-return-Packers-Redskins-inactives/4b7e6a98-4297-45ae-ba89-04d948c725c5#ixzz4Qb5ekW47
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 06:09:54 PM »
My take tonight:

Washington's offensive line is good.  They don't get the hype that Dallas' offensive line gets, but man - they have some big boys on that OL that will move folks.  Watch their RG... Iowa boy will destroy folks. 

Washington has more talent than GB and should win this game. 

Offline Striker

• All Pro
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 06:11:00 PM »
Packers need to start fast and sustain drives if they want to have any shot at winning.

Oh, and tackling. Reed and Davis could make this a long day for the defense if they can't bring them down/cover them.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 06:11:11 PM »
My take tonight:

Washington's offensive line is good.  They don't get the hype that Dallas' offensive line gets, but man - they have some big boys on that OL that will move folks.  Watch their RG... Iowa boy will destroy folks. 

Not sure I agree with the more talent part, but they are better coached team that is for sure. Although the difference in talent between their RG and ours for tonight's game is going to be eye opening.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:13:40 PM by golfman »

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 06:31:46 PM »
My take tonight:

Not sure I agree with the more talent part, but they are better coached team that is for sure. Although the difference in talent between their RG and ours for tonight's game is going to be eye opening.

On offense they have us at OL, WR, RB, TE.  You could make an argument that right now QB is a wash.  (I won't, but one could.)

On defense... Before the glut of injuries for GB we had a significant advantage.  Now?  Our DL is better but our lock-down CB is on IR and theirs is playing.  Linebackers appear to be a wash.  We should have an edge in pass rushers with Matthews back tonight. 

So - I've got their offense ahead by quite a bit.  Throw in an inept OC on GB's part and we've got troubles.  Defense is more of a wash with the glut of injuries we've had.   

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 06:36:36 PM »
I can't believe the same Giants team that we made look bad is now 7-3 while we are 4-6.  Looks like they've gotten better while we are struggling.

How did the Giants win two SB's? By getting hot at the right time. How did the Packers win their last SB? Same formula. There are a lot of teams that can still make the playoffs. And once there... well, then get hot at the right time.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 06:47:52 PM »

How did the Giants win two SB's? By getting hot at the right time. How did the Packers win their last SB? Same formula. There are a lot of teams that can still make the playoffs. And once there... well, then get hot at the right time.

MM dumped the same offense that moved the ball on the Giants.  Its going to be tough to get hot when he continues to go back to an offensive scheme that hasn't worked in 20 games. 

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 06:53:40 PM »

Giants are/were not a bad team.  They are the only ones who have beaten Dallas this year.

The Packers can beat good teams.  Hopefully starting tonight we will see that for the rest of the year.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 07:10:30 PM »
Make that 4-5. Letís not jump to conclusions...  ;)
Oops, that's right.  Freudian slip perhaps?  Actually, the way this season has gone, it's hard to believe we've "only" lost five games so far.  Seems like more.

How did the Giants win two SB's?
By going through Lambeau Field unfortunately.  Ugh, bad memories.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »
Lions and Vikings both won today. So, just to stay competitive, the Packers need a win. Oh, and the Bears thumbsdwn) lost  thumbsup) as Cutler threw a late interception to seal the loss.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 07:33:22 PM »
What a start, couldn't draw it up any better

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 07:34:01 PM »
3 and out and a bad punt! So for nothing has changed.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 07:36:06 PM »
Matthews back and boom, Perry gets a sack on the third play.  Shocking how that works