September 23, 2017, 07:54:58 AM

Author Topic: Week 14 Opponent :: Seattle Seahawks  (Read 5247 times)

Offline JPPlaya

• HOF Member
Re: Week 14 Opponent :: Seattle Seahawks
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 05:38:31 PM »
This is undoubtedly a barometer for where we are at as a team. It will definitely require the best performance we've put together this season.

But......Seattle has been Jeckyl & Hyde on the road. They did beat New England, but they've also lost to Tampa Bay (who is scary hot right now), but only scored 5 points. They also lost to the Rams 9-3, tied the Cardinals 6-6 and lost to the Saints 25-20 on the road. This team is only averaging 15 points per game on the road this year. I'm not saying that we have this one in the bag, but there is some reason for optimism, especially if our offense can get going.

It's going to to be a very tough game. We'll find out if this Packer team is playoff caliber this week.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 05:39:16 PM »
You compare the talent on that defense with the number of stars to ours and ask yourself where are we going wrong.

Earl Thomas,
Cam Chancellor
Richard Sherman
KJ Wright
Bobby Wagner
Michael Bennett
Cliff Avril

Those are six all-pro type of guys on that defense.

For fun:

Earl Thomas  -  HaHa Clinton Dix
Cam Chancellor  -  Morgan Burnett
Richard Sherman  -  Damarious Randall
KJ Wright  -  Clay Matthews
Bobby Wagner  -  Jake Ryan?
Michael Bennett  -  Mike Daniels
Cliff Avril  -  Datone Jones

Ugh...

I'd put Nick Perry in place of Datone Jones and give us a slight edge on that one.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 07:30:43 PM »
You compare the talent on that defense with the number of stars to ours and ask yourself where are we going wrong.

Earl Thomas-draft, 1st
Cam Chancellor-draft, 5th
Richard Sherman-draft, 4th
KJ Wright-draft, 4th
Bobby Wagner-draft, 2nd
Michael Bennett-UFA
Cliff Avril-signed as a FA

Those are six all-pro type of guys on that defense.

I was thinking the same thing Golf. And on offense, Schneider brought in both Russell Wilson and Tyler Lockett as a 3rd rounder. Also Doug Baldwin and Thomas Rawls as UFAs.

Talk about ironic, the Packers hired TT away from Seattle and in 2010 they hired John Schneider away from Green Bay!

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »
Talk about ironic, the Packers hired TT away from Seattle and in 2010 they hired John Schneider away from Green Bay!

Not ironic at all. Success breeds success. Look at the guys who have been hired away from Green Bay who learned from TT, and you'll see success: KC, Seattle, Oakland. And of course, TT learned from Wolf. And Wolf learned under Al Davis, who at one time was one of the most innovative, savvy evaluators of talent in the league. Notice also, draft and develop for the most part.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 09:13:19 PM »

Not ironic at all. Success breeds success. Look at the guys who have been hired away from Green Bay who learned from TT, and you'll see success: KC, Seattle, Oakland. And of course, TT learned from Wolf. And Wolf learned under Al Davis, who at one time was one of the most innovative, savvy evaluators of talent in the league. Notice also, draft and develop for the most part.

Actually ricky, lineage notwithstanding, I do find it ironic that one of “Wisconsin’s Finest” has become the architect of arguably the Packer’s greatest nemesis at present.

That written, I understand your point.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:23:27 PM by JQ »

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 11:29:09 AM »
Just heard the forecast calls for more snow?

Offline FAH1223

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2016, 11:40:05 AM »
NBC put up that QB rating without Earl Thomas in the game goes up from 68 to 95.

https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/805603143320997888

Wilson is going to burn this defense. He's scrambling more now that he's healthy. Graham will have a big game. Baldwin always seems to put out a back breaking play.

I'm thinking this game goes the way of the Cowboys and Colts games.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2016, 12:14:18 PM »
NBC put up that QB rating without Earl Thomas in the game goes up from 68 to 95.

Wilson is going to burn this defense. He's scrambling more now that he's healthy. Graham will have a big game. Baldwin always seems to put out a back breaking play.

Well, that does it for me. Might as well have other plans for Sunday, rather than go through the torture of watching the Packers get embarrassed again. Actually, maybe the Packers should just forfeit the game, rather than risk getting their butts handed to them again.

Seriously, that's why they play the games. After five games, the Vikings were undefeated and the Lions were 2-3. The Packers lost four in a row, and now have won two in a row. Rodgers is playing at the level we have come to expect. The defense is getting better with some guys coming back from injuries. And it's not as if the Seahawks have been consistent in their games this year. A challenge, definitely. But one the Packers can hopefully meet successfully.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2016, 12:50:15 PM »
From ESPN's Power Rankings Article:

"If James Starks doesn't get going, there's a real chance QB Aaron Rodgers could lead the Packers in rushing this season (59 yards shy of Eddie Lacy). He's using his legs to run and buy time, as he has 10 passing touchdowns from outside the pocket. He'll be running from the Seahawks' pass rush this Sunday."

That would be pretty nuts.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2016, 01:52:06 PM »
What an embarrassment.

Hopefully Michel will get a lot of carries against his old team.

We are really lucky about the Thomas injury, but the weather will hot help us as I think it did with the Texans.

The other thing is, if we cannot get any run game going, then I think the Hawks will really start blitzing AR.  I hope Michel can pick that up quickly.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2016, 02:04:02 PM »
What an embarrassment.

Hopefully Michel will get a lot of carries against his old team.

We are really lucky about the Thomas injury, but the weather will hot help us as I think it did with the Texans.

The other thing is, if we cannot get any run game going, then I think the Hawks will really start blitzing AR.  I hope Michel can pick that up quickly.

Hardly an embarrassment when your running back position, including depth, is decimated by injury.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2016, 02:32:17 PM »

Well, that does it for me. Might as well have other plans for Sunday, rather than go through the torture of watching the Packers get embarrassed again. Actually, maybe the Packers should just forfeit the game, rather than risk getting their butts handed to them again.

Seriously, that's why they play the games. After five games, the Vikings were undefeated and the Lions were 2-3. The Packers lost four in a row, and now have won two in a row. Rodgers is playing at the level we have come to expect. The defense is getting better with some guys coming back from injuries. And it's not as if the Seahawks have been consistent in their games this year. A challenge, definitely. But one the Packers can hopefully meet successfully.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »
This will definitely be a tough one... No room for mistakes. We have played a lot better the last two week, but Seattle looked back Sunday night. For how bad their O-line supposedly is, they sure looked solid against Carolina. Hopefully being in Lambeau gives us a little more of a chance. Our D-line is going to need to win the trench war if we want a W.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 02:41:12 PM by Toddfather »

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2016, 02:38:16 PM »
I can't imagine a good reason for missing a December game at Lambeau against the Seahawks.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2016, 02:39:51 PM »
oops
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 02:40:47 PM by Toddfather »