September 24, 2017, 07:06:44 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 13867 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:17:59 AM »
Another chance to stay relevant this season. Another opportunity to prove the cynics and doubters wrong. Another week to show the rest of the league that, indeed, this is a team to reckon with. So why does this game fill me with so much anxiety and fear? It could be the weather is expected to be brutal. Or the vague memory of a December game in Chicago a few years ago. The Packers were the better team, but played like all they wanted was to have the game end so they could go somewhere and warm up. Last week, I had a good feeling about the game. This week, I'm fearing the worst. The only thing that keeps me going, that raises my spirits and makes be believe, is that final, ultimate truth about the Bears. Any doubt where this is going?  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpMBZK7GOJc
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 09:40:25 AM »
Thanks as usual Ricky and we will re-open this thread on Game Day...or maybe a little earlier since it is da-Bears Week!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 06:33:17 PM »

Packers/Bears Injury Report

Packers

LB Nick Perry (hand) and RB James Starks (concussion) as doubtful. WR Randall Cobb (ankle), LB Kyler Fackrell (hamstring), LB Blake Martinez (knee), RB Christine Michael (illness), CB Damarious Randall (groin), RB Aaron Ripkowski (back), QB Aaron Rodgers (calf) and C J.C. Tretter (knee) are likelier to play after drawing questionable tags.

Bears

Wide receivers Eddie Royal (toe) and Marquess Wilson (groin, foot) are out for the Bears. CB Johnthan Banks (ankle), CB Bryce Callahan (knee) and DT Eddie Goldman (ankle) are listed as questionable.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 08:25:47 AM »
Ready to roll.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 08:32:52 AM »
May be coldest home game in bears history.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 08:52:14 AM »
Bear meat is a dish best eaten cold. Reference: "The Revenant".
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 09:22:08 AM »
Bear meat is a dish best eaten cold. Reference: "The Revenant".

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 10:16:07 AM »
Saw a forecast for Soldier field for a high of 8 and wind of 10-15 mph. 

Have to wait and see if that changes.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 10:42:49 AM »
Green Bay Packers Inactives
11 WR Trevor Davis
28 CB Josh Hawkins
44 RB James Starks
53 LB Nick Perry
58 LB Jordan Tripp
68 T Kyle Murphy
73 C/G JC Tretter

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/LB-Blake-Martinez-returns-to-action-Packers-Bears-inactives/ba6d9e75-a7ea-48fb-8bbb-803dabe88dd2#ixzz4TD09nBNN
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 10:45:18 AM »
So Martinez is active from his injury and Callahan is active, a worrisome sign about Rodgers.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 10:48:16 AM »
So Martinez is active from his injury and Callahan is active, a worrisome sign about Rodgers.

Total guess here but I'm thinking they don't want him to go more than a half if possible. That may not be possible but maybe all he's capable of as well.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 11:09:43 AM »
From Leader in closed "Bears" thread.............

Googled it:

"Medical studies evaluating the impact of cold exposure on SCD don't present a clear picture, partly because hot weather and dehydration are also known triggers for pain crises, and in developed countries the effect of weather is countered by our ability to control the temperature indoors. However, anecdotally, people with SCD frequently and often consistently report acute pain after exposure to cold, usually within hours. Further analyses from landmark research demonstrates an association between pain severity and cold weather.

Cold weather causes narrowing of blood vessels in the skin, hands, feet, nose and ears. This response as well as cold sensitivity is greatly exaggerated in SCD, as shown in carefully designed experimental studies. Multiple well-conducted studies reveal an association between the onset of pain crises and increased wind speed, which cools the skin. This effect is exaggerated if the skin is wet, so it's important to stay warm and dry. People also tend not to drink as much water in the winter. The stress, excitement and bustle of the holiday season can unfortunately cause increased adhesion of the red cells, which can then cause a pain crisis. Finally, viral infections, flu-like illnesses and strep throat are more common in the winter, creating a perfect storm."

Montgomery has Sickle Cell Trait, not Sickle Cell Disease. It means he is a "carrier", and not necessarily susceptible to the same "crises" that those with the disease experience.

I did some back reading on both Sickle Cell Trait and what Monty went through, and Monty (along with medical personnel) were not 100% convinced what he experienced earlier this season was directly related to Sickle Cell.

So, I'm more hopeful that the extreme cold will not have any more severe affect on him today than anybody else.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 11:24:17 AM »
Montgomery has Sickle Cell Trait, not Sickle Cell Disease. It means he is a "carrier", and not necessarily susceptible to the same "crises" that those with the disease experience. I did some back reading on both Sickle Cell Trait and what Monty went through, and Monty (along with medical personnel) were not 100% convinced what he experienced earlier this season was directly related to Sickle Cell. So, I'm more hopeful that the extreme cold will not have any more severe affect on him today than anybody else.

Good get danno and an important (handy) differentiation to know.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 11:33:19 AM »
So -

Do we all have a handle on which teams are supposed to LOSE today? Good.
Now - get those "negative waves" flowing towards them and lets get it done!  :)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 11:46:58 AM »
The Packer O-Line will have to work to keep Rodgers clean again today. Da’ Bears have 33 sacks this year, 6th in the NFL.

On defense, the Packers will have to minimize Jordan Howard’s impact on this game. He’s a big, tough runner who is an ideal back for this kind of game. If the Packers can build and hold a double-digit lead, they can probably limit his touches. They also have to keep Zach Miller under wraps; it seems like he’s done some damage in previous match-ups.

If Jacob Schum can continue to help the Packers win the field position game, and Green Bay can win the turnover battle again, this is a game they should win, and possibly win easily. Then the all-time series will FINALLY be tied. Like many of you, I recall the years when Chicago held a seemingly insurmountable lead in the NFL’s oldest rivalry. Since the 90’s and the arrival of Favre, that lead has been shrinking. It’s time to terminate.

Just for fun, here’s a couple all-time totals. Amazing that over a span of 194 games, the Packers have scored exactly ONE MORE POINT than Chicago in regular season games:

Wins

Bears       94   
Packers    93                  
Ties           6

Points Scored

Bears      3,304
Packers   3,305

For more trivia, here’s the link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bears–Packers_rivalry

GO PACKERS!