September 24, 2017, 07:10:25 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 13869 times)

Offline hitnhope

• All Pro
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #390 on: December 18, 2016, 03:31:35 PM »
JMO. This is not a good team. I would rather have the impetus to make some real changes rather than be one and done in the playoffs.

I'm usually a kind and gentle person. I try to always watch my language, and try my best to see the best in others. But after a game like that, against the hated Bears, with late game heroics, with a team that never gave up, I have a phrase of advise for you: STFU.

Way out of line.  There are a lot of reasonable emotions.  Yours aren't the only ones that count.  Take a break from forums if this s your reaction.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2016, 03:36:49 PM »
Road win, against the hated Bears, to keep the Packers playoff hopes alive. A Packer fan ought to take that Victory with a celebration every time. No offense Packerdaddy  I know you said in your opinion, but I have to agree with ricky that it's provocative to be talking down a BIG win against da bears - who by the way, still suck.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:37:53 PM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #392 on: December 18, 2016, 03:38:56 PM »
Road win, against the hated Bears, to keep the Packers playoff hopes alive. A Packer fan off to take that Victory with a celebration every time. No offense Packerdaddy  I know you said in your opinion, but I have to agree with ricky that it's provocative to be talking down a BIG win against da bears - who by the way, still suck.
The Packers now control their own destiny as well.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #393 on: December 18, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »
Road win, against the hated Bears, to keep the Packers playoff hopes alive. A Packer fan ought to take that Victory with a celebration every time. No offense Packerdaddy  I know you said in your opinion, but I have to agree with ricky that it's provocative to be talking down a BIG win against da bears - who by the way, still suck.

It's not whether it's the right or wrong view point, it's the fact that there are a ton of people excited about the win and he goes and picks the one comment (which was completely reasonable) that didn't go with his thinking and tells him to STFU.  It's just super petty.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #394 on: December 18, 2016, 03:41:27 PM »
They sure do, that's why the playoffs started weeks ago for the Packers. Win out and live on or lose and go home. Big win no matter how you slice it.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #395 on: December 18, 2016, 03:43:07 PM »

It's not whether it's the right or wrong view point, it's the fact that there are a ton of people excited about the win and he goes and picks the one comment (which was completely reasonable) that didn't go with his thinking and tells him to STFU.  It's just super petty.

Emotional win, and I think ricky's probably earned a little bit of room to lose it once in awhile.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:43:55 PM by B »
-Vince Lombardi

Offline hitnhope

• All Pro
« Reply #396 on: December 18, 2016, 03:48:20 PM »

Emotional win, and I think ricky's probably earned a little bit of room to lose it once in awhile.

What a terrible and inconsistent take. 

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #397 on: December 18, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »

I'm sorry but wanting the Packers to lose and miss the playoffs because they want changes made is not reasonable.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #398 on: December 18, 2016, 03:50:29 PM »

What a terrible and inconsistent take.

I'm not sure how I'm being inconsistent. I kind of expect everybody to be a big boy here, and when people getting a little emotionally ramped up that we can all handle it Maybe I'm Wrong. I don't spend enough time here to really care. I do think it's noteworthy that Packer daddy isn't complaining.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:52:24 PM by B »
-Vince Lombardi

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #399 on: December 18, 2016, 03:55:04 PM »

I'm sorry but wanting the Packers to lose and miss the playoffs because they want changes made is not reasonable.

You might not like it, but suggesting this isn't a good team and he would prefer the higher pick rather than going one and done is a perfectly reasonable take.  Again, you, myself, and multiple others on here aren't cheering for that, but it doesn't make it an unreasonable take.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #400 on: December 18, 2016, 03:55:10 PM »
Back to the topic of the thread, great win against da bears in the greatest rivalry series in NFL history.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:56:16 PM by B »
-Vince Lombardi

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #401 on: December 18, 2016, 04:12:40 PM »
I took some time away after posting that reply that has caused such a kerfuffle. I wanted to clear my mind, calm down and look at things objectively. And I've decided I meant every word I wrote, and stand by my opinion. A great win, the team is clawing it's way back into the playoff contention. The number of players getting hot at the right time is increasing. When I was down in the dumps, hoping for a miracle, Rodgers and Nelson came back with a great play to cement a tremendous win. And someone comes on and decides to write something that negative and obnoxious?

This is not a good team? One and done in the playoffs? If that is your attitude, seriously, stop torturing yourself and quit watching. Because, after all, we all have a right to our opinions. And in my opinion, the cluck who wrote that can definitely STFU.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline hitnhope

• All Pro
« Reply #402 on: December 18, 2016, 04:25:09 PM »
So can we now tell others to STFU whenever we want?   Everyone knows that if the people on the other side of the discussion posted this, there would be issues.

Proof- A post about the poor defense was shuttled over to the "Rant and Vent" forum in minutes.   Like discussing our defensive problems is out of bounds.

Must remember that on this forum there cannot be any real discussion - only posts from cheerleaders profusely praising this weeks effort. 

Great win. 

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #403 on: December 18, 2016, 04:26:57 PM »
And as Porky said it.....that's all folks!