November 20, 2017, 01:43:41 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread  (Read 7291 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread
« on: December 21, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »
It's not how you start, it's how you finish. And the Packers are finishing strong. Sure, they could play better defense; they could play better special teams; they could win by bigger margins. But what really matters is that they are winning. And they need to do so again Saturday. Don't have any illusions about this game- the Vikes are going to put up a real fight. It'll probably be a nail biting, heart palpitating, edge-of-the-seat drama. But as long as the Packers win, that is all that matters. A Lions loss would be icing on a victory cake. But whatever, this team is finding ways to win, where before they were finding ways to embarrass themselves. Hopefully Saturday will continue the streak. Stay tuned.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 09:55:08 PM »
Thanks Ricky and as the norm will reopen the thread on Game Day...Saturday this eek.

Enjoy Mexico for the holidays.....and Merry Christmas!!!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 06:39:23 PM »
Here we go....

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 07:15:40 PM »
After some quiet contemplation while vacationing Mexico City, there is a growing, quiet confidence building within me. If the Packers can jump out to an early lead, say 14-9 or 17-0, the Vikes could simply fold and call it a day. Similar to what seemed to be happening to the Packers during that four game stretch. They faced adversity, and rsponded by rolling over. Last week, that is what the Vikings did. And a habit like that can be hard to break. The Packers got snapped out by leaders coming forward. Are there leaders in Minny? We'll find out.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 07:33:38 PM »
Enjoy Mexico City and stay away from fireworks factories!

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 07:50:13 PM »
After some quiet contemplation while vacationing Mexico City, there is a growing, quiet confidence building within me. If the Packers can jump out to an early lead, say 14-9 or 17-0, the Vikes could simply fold and call it a day. Similar to what seemed to be happening to the Packers during that four game stretch. They faced adversity, and rsponded by rolling over. Last week, that is what the Vikings did. And a habit like that can be hard to break. The Packers got snapped out by leaders coming forward. Are there leaders in Minny? We'll find out.

Hmmmm Ricky, I got a laugh at this choice of scores you quoted: 14-9 (close game) OR 17-0 (verging on a blowout). Must be those metric measurements in Mexico getting into your head. 😜

OR ..... You're getting wasted on Dos Equis and you meant 14-0, but your finger sort of missed the key.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:55:36 PM by morango »

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 08:10:55 PM »
Minnesota is not going to lay down for this game. They will play their best.

Their D-line and O-line are hobbled by injuries but man are their linebackers good. Imagine having Kendricks, Barr and Greenway as your LB corps.

But without Sharif Floyd to eat up blockers and protect them, opponents have been able to get helmets on those star LBers and they have been less effective of late.

Packers really need to win tomorrow bc I have a feeling Detroit is going to beat the cowboys.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 08:25:39 PM »
Zimmer's defense has had our offense's number. It will be interesting. Hopefully we solve their defense and blow them out.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 08:44:46 PM »
Good performances by Monty and Michaels will go a long way towards the Packers getting the upper hand against the Vikes defense.

With a strong running game, things should open up for Rodgers with Nelson, Adams, and Cook.

In the first meeting with MN this season those three were as follows............

Nelson - 5 / 73 yds / 1 TD
Adams - 3 / 26 yds
Cook - 4 / 31 yds

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 08:48:04 PM »
Hmmmm Ricky, I got a laugh at this choice of scores you quoted: 14-9 (close game) OR 17-0 (verging on a blowout). Must be those metric measurements in Mexico getting into your head. 😜

OR ..... You're getting wasted on Dos Equis and you meant 14-0, but your finger sort of missed the key.

Nope, the higher altitude made me mistype. And, indeed, it should have read 14-0. It's great here- though a city of 24 million is hard to imagine. And the traffic! My gosh, these people drive like they're in a demolition derby- everyone has the right of way all the time. But excellent accomodations, every is very, very nice, and the sites are terrific. And, of course, Feliz Navidad to one and all. Because all I want for Christmas is a Packers victory. 

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 08:48:11 PM »
Vikings off to a bad start already...and it's only Friday.

Plane slides off TAXIWAY after arrival at Appleton International Airport.

Nobody hurt thankfully.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 11:37:18 PM »
Packers really need to win tomorrow bc I have a feeling Detroit is going to beat the cowboys.

Ha! Somebody else said it. I was about to make a similar comment...then reneged. For no good reason I think that NYG loss will lead to DAL taking their foot off the gas just enough that DET passes them silly. Hope not...but the thought had crossed my mind.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2016, 04:57:59 AM »

Ha! Somebody else said it. I was about to make a similar comment...then reneged. For no good reason I think that NYG loss will lead to DAL taking their foot off the gas just enough that DET passes them silly. Hope not...but the thought had crossed my mind.

The Lions game is not an issue for me. The Packers winning is. I want the Packers to come back and take the division title, not have to depend on the kindness of strangers.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2016, 07:40:09 AM »

The Lions game is not an issue for me. The Packers winning is. I want the Packers to come back and take the division title, not have to depend on the kindness of strangers.

Yup - I've got all that - but - I'm counting on / hoping for / figuring we win today - and I'd prefer to play a DET team thats on a 2 game losing streak - minus some of the confidence and swagger that got them where they......were (if that makes sense) - which would assist us in beating them. Playing all the angles my friend.....gotta play all the angles  :)

That said -
We dont and they do this week - next week will matter (I guess) - but thats a crapshoot I'd rather not have to figure out.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2016, 07:57:45 AM »
Ben Goessling ESPN Staff Writer
The Vikings are being unloaded two at a time on a fire ladder. They're still at the Appleton airport, with kickoff less than 14 hours away at Lambeau Field.

Apparently, they had to sit on the plane for close to six hours. Good!