November 22, 2017, 10:29:21 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Cowboys Divisional Round Game Day Thread  (Read 13425 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Cowboys Divisional Round Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 06:22:40 PM »
Not dissing DR....but groin, shoulder, knee and now foot? He's too critical/essential to us to be banged up. Not his fault - my exasperation.

Didn't he have some issues last year too?  Seems the Packers end up with a lot of practice injuries.

Not that I remember....and I dont know if the injuries were game or practice related but dont think they get more practice injuries then the next team. It's just been a tough year for him IMO.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 01:04:00 AM »
Not dissing DR....but groin, shoulder, knee and now foot? He's too critical/essential to us to be banged up. Not his fault - my exasperation.

Didn't he have some issues last year too?  Seems the Packers end up with a lot of practice injuries.

Not that I remember....and I dont know if the injuries were game or practice related but dont think they get more practice injuries then the next team. It's just been a tough year for him IMO.

Agreed on the injuries, been a tough slew of them for him recently.

Though they've had their issues this year, if Randall and Rollins can't either play or make it very long into the game (as has happened in recent weeks due to injuries), we're looking at our 2nd and 3rd CB's being Josh Hawkins and Herb Waters.  That's a fairly scary thought.

The defense played an amazing game last week and managed to keep the door open long enough for the Packers to bust out with a huge 4th quarter to beat the Giants by quite a bit.  Would love it if the offense can return the favor this week.

In no way do I want to seem like I'm getting ahead of myself, but that ATL game earlier this year was a fantastic game.  And I assume almost everyone here remembers Aaron's playoff game in ATL in 2010 when he was on fire.  Would be so much fun to win tomorrow and have that be the NFC Championship game.

Go Pack Go!

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 07:14:32 AM »
So far this week has been turning out just like last week, none of the games have been that close.  Could take that as a good omen for a Packer win, or a bad one because the home team has won every playoff game so far this year.

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 08:20:13 AM »
Really want this win.  Especially now that Atlanta would be the next stop.  We lost in Atlanta by 1 with Cobb, Cook, Montgomery, Matthews, Randall, and Rollins all out.

I would really like our chances in Dallas with Jordy being available.  Playing without him is going to be tough.  We really need Montgomery and Cook to be difference makers today.  On Defense, we are going to have to make some big plays to stop drives early and set the offense up for some easy points.  I agree with many other posters, shut Elliot down and make Dak beat us through the air.  Let's hope the moment is too big for this kid.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 09:06:26 AM »
So far this week has been turning out just like last week, none of the games have been that close.  Could take that as a good omen for a Packer win, or a bad one because the home team has won every playoff game so far this year.

Except that they've all gone chalk so far. Hopefully he packers can break that trend, right?

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 09:24:44 AM »

In no way do I want to seem like I'm getting ahead of myself, but that ATL game earlier this year was a fantastic game.  And I assume almost everyone here remembers Aaron's playoff game in ATL in 2010 when he was on fire.  Would be so much fun to win tomorrow and have that be the NFC Championship game.

Go Pack Go!

Except this year ryan is on fire too.31 points doesn't beat the falcons. The over on that game would be at least 70.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 09:56:52 AM »

Go Pack Go!

Except this year ryan is on fire too.31 points doesn't beat the falcons. The over on that game would be at least 70.

Correct. ATL just smoked SEA. True, like the NYG's this SEA D wasnt as imposing as years past - but far as I can see, ATL was hitting on all cylinders.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2017, 12:10:58 PM »
Keys to Victory:

-I think the Packers have to score at least 10 points off turnovers and/or a short field set up by special teams plays.
  *i think Prescott will make some mistakes, and the Packers MUST score points from his miscues!
-Hold EE to around 100 yards rushing.
-Generate a bit of running game to control the clock.
-Score more points than dallas...( - ; #

***This should be Fun!

GO PACKERS!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:11:35 PM by JQ »

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2017, 12:55:10 PM »
A little division among former Packers on ESPN Sunday Countdown as Charles Woodson picks the Packers while Matt Hasselbeck picks the Cowboys:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18481126

Interesting that Randy Moss of all people picks the Packers to win.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 01:26:27 PM »
A little division among former Packers on ESPN Sunday Countdown as Charles Woodson picks the Packers while Matt Hasselbeck picks the Cowboys:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18481126

Interesting that Randy Moss of all people picks the Packers to win.

The folks at NFL Network are slobbering all over Dallas.
Guess its to be expected what with Irving sitting there....but, it can get a bit much.

Online reaper3429

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2017, 01:55:17 PM »
I think the key to this game is pretty obvious. We cannot let Dallas win the time of possession. If this happens it would be due to them controlling the ball with the run. Our D-Line I dont think can handle too many long drives of getting mauled by that o-line.

On offense if we can come out and score early/often it will change how dallas has to play the game forcing them to the air more and allowing us to limit their drive lengths ( provided we get off the field on 3rd down )

Montgomery/Michael need to give us something I really liked what Michael brought last week lets see what he can do against another former team.

One big x-factor for dallas for me is the DL IRVING he seems to make big plays when they need one. He could be a factor tonight.

X-factor for Green Bay......Micah Hyde! if he can cover the slot or even the outside with safety help over the top we could be in good shape. Also Im not sure Dallas can keep pace with Green Bay if we are firing on all cylinders.

GO PACK GO!!

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2017, 02:32:42 PM »
Packers inactives: Callahan, Elliott, Murphy, Nelson, Rollins, Starks, Tretter

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Striker

• All Pro
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2017, 03:02:32 PM »
LET'S GOOOOOOO!

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2017, 03:04:10 PM »

Countdown to kickoff........