November 19, 2017, 04:31:26 AM

Author Topic: NFC Championship Game vs. Atlanta Falcons.  (Read 9765 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
NFC Championship Game vs. Atlanta Falcons.
« on: January 15, 2017, 09:08:42 PM »
1/22/17 @ Atlanta

The points are gonna be flying.

We closed out Tony Romo's Cowboy career with a loss.
Lets shut down the Georgia Dome by shutting down the Falcons season.

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
Re: NFC Championship Game vs. Atlanta Falcons.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 09:30:15 PM »
I think the Falcons are going to be a tougher test than Dallas, not that Dallas was any slouch.  That running game is nearly just as good with Freeman and Coleman, and Matt Ryan is on a tear.

That being said we gave them quite a run for their money during the regular season.  Need Jordy for sure though.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 09:40:06 PM »
As Mike McCarthy said the last time the Packers around such an amazing run,

"We're nobody's Underdog!"
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 09:57:03 PM »
I think the Falcons are going to be a tougher test than Dallas, not that Dallas was any slouch.  That running game is nearly just as good with Freeman and Coleman, and Matt Ryan is on a tear.

That being said we gave them quite a run for their money during the regular season.  Need Jordy for sure though.

I'd be surprised if Jordy can go - and if so, how well.
We definitely need Davante to get his ankle right ; Burnett to get over his quad and Rollins.

All hands gotta be on deck now. 

NFCCG - 1/22
Pro Bowl - 1/29 (week off)
Super Bowl - 2/5 (This is the game for Nelson IMO).

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:59:33 PM by Leader »

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 10:33:11 PM »
Collinsworth just made an interesting and correct statement. The Playoffs have four teams remaining and (subject to opinion) the top QB's in the game today: AR, Brady, Big Ben & Ryan. No pretenders there. The League's gotta be pleased about that.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 11:17:42 PM »
Early betting line is Atlanta -4, O/U 60 points.

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 11:20:40 PM »
Take the over. There's no way either defense holds the other team under 30 points.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 11:24:35 PM »
Just saw Falcons DE Adrian Clayborn is out for the season with a biceps injury. He was second on the team with 4.5 sacks.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 11:26:16 PM »
I like when the Packets are in the underdog role .  I think it helps. them. 

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 11:32:25 PM »
Just saw Falcons DE Adrian Clayborn is out for the season with a biceps injury. He was second on the team with 4.5 sacks.

No Trufant for them either this time and he might be their best defensive player.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 02:06:06 AM »
The regular season matchup between these teams was the week that the injury report was just filled with key skill positions.

Guys who did not play against Atlanta:

Sam Shields
Quinten Rollins
Damarious Randall
Jared Cook
Clay Matthews
Eddie Lacy
Ty Montgomery
James Starks
Randall Cobb

Down to Gunter, Hyde, and Goodson at CB. We were down to our #4 CB, our backup safety, and a guy who was most likely only still on the team because of injuries. Josh Hawkins played 1 snap.

The RB's were Knile Davis, Don Jackson, and FB Aaron Ripkowski. Christine Michael was not on the team yet and Cobb & Montgomery were inactive. Take away Lacy and Starks and this team was looking for answers in the running game.

At WR, Geronimo Allison was just signed to the team. Jeff Janis was the #3 WR with 58 snaps. Trevor Davis also got 36 snaps. Minus any type of running game or threat at TE, Jordy Nelson and an emerging Davante Adams were the only real threats on offense.

Richard Rodgers and Justin Perillo were the only 2 TE's.

On the DL, Dean Lowry had not yet worked himself into the rotation.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:07:12 AM by skcusICH »

Online Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 02:36:26 AM »
Just as the Dallas game, it's gong to be which offense has the best day! We'll need some more AR magic.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 04:16:44 AM »
Should be another great game. Cook will need another big performance, and I'd like to see them get Montgomery more touches in the backfield. I think if they had ran the ball more in the 2nd half with him there might have been no need for all the late game drama.

The DB situation weighs heavily on everyone's mind and will be the center of attention. Let's face it, they're outmatched again, and facing another talented offense with no weak points. Pressure on the QB will be key, and that will be hard to do for either team since they both have stout Olines. I like GB's chances on defense if they can get into favorable down and distances.

Biggest key will be ball control for offense and scoring points early on again. Defense has proven they can make some stops, but we also know they are wearing down and wearing thin due to injuries.

Offline pacman5252

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 06:27:25 AM »
This will be a tough game.  ATL -4 sounds right (home team, healthier), but I definitely think we can win this. We have a better team now. The first matchup GB didn't have their top 3 corners or clay, so I don't think you can completely judge the D off that game. Hopefully Rollins, Burnett, and Elliot can go. Every body we can have will help. They aren't going to stop Rodgers.

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 08:15:19 AM »
It's hard to imagine this defense doing much against Matt Ryan and this Falcon offense.  You never know though, every game is different.  They come up with a pretty good game almost when you least expect it.  They won't have Dallas' monster offensive line to battle this week.