September 23, 2017, 07:42:08 AM

Author Topic: NFC Championship Game vs. Atlanta Falcons.  (Read 8227 times)

Offline morango

• HOF Member
Re: NFC Championship Game vs. Atlanta Falcons.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 02:01:20 PM »
2010 the falcons were a record setting offense with a young Matty ice throwing to Roddy White, Michael Jenkins and Tony Gonzales. Also a decent defense with a strong pass rush and good secondary. They were 13-3 and had beaten the packers in the regular season. They were the NFC's top seed and had home field throughout. They were favored by 5.5 pts, yet were dominated by the packers, with the game changing on a Tramon Williams pick six just before halftime, and ending 48-21. Greg Jennings was our leading receiver and James Starks had 67 rushing yards.

History repeats itself. Just sayin.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 02:29:34 PM »
I've never broken a rib and I certainly dont know the specifics of Nelson's situation - but I find it hard to see how he could be 100% by next Sunday. Not at his postion IMO. Not with the "torque" he has to put on his frame. Not with the direct hits he'd take.

So question becomes for me - is 50-75% of Nelson better than 100% of Allison (or whomever) ?

And - if we sit Nelson - can we get the 100% version for the Super Bowl?

Thats what I'd be asking the doctors and if the answer to #2 is "yes" - thats how I'd roll the dice.

Without Nelson we've put 30+ points on the NYG's and DAL in successive weeks. Can we get by doing that one more week?

Last season James Jones played with broken ribs - he is not alone in playing though the pain and producing. If Jordy can play, he should play, he adds a weapon even it only in some packages.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 02:51:14 PM »
2010 the falcons were a record setting offense with a young Matty ice throwing to Roddy White, Michael Jenkins and Tony Gonzales. Also a decent defense with a strong pass rush and good secondary. They were 13-3 and had beaten the packers in the regular season. They were the NFC's top seed and had home field throughout. They were favored by 5.5 pts, yet were dominated by the packers, with the game changing on a Tramon Williams pick six just before halftime, and ending 48-21. Greg Jennings was our leading receiver and James Starks had 67 rushing yards.

History repeats itself. Just sayin.

thumbsup) great minds think alike! The Falcons will also be without Adrian Clayborn (injured reserve) had two sacks, and Desmond Trufant (injured reserve) had four tackles in the 1 point loss earlier this season.

This is the NFC Championship game. Two very good teams matching up and playing their hearts out for the right to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. While giving the Falcons all of their due respect, I like our boys to win in Atlanta and travel back to Texas with a shot at bring home the Lombardi.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 03:12:31 PM »
Last season James Jones played with broken ribs - he is not alone in playing though the pain and producing. If Jordy can play, he should play, he adds a weapon even it only in some packages.

He did? Interesting. Do you know which (or how many) games?

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 04:10:45 PM »
I've never broken a rib and I certainly dont know the specifics of Nelson's situation - but I find it hard to see how he could be 100% by next Sunday. Not at his postion IMO. Not with the "torque" he has to put on his frame. Not with the direct hits he'd take.

So question becomes for me - is 50-75% of Nelson better than 100% of Allison (or whomever) ?

Thats what I'd be asking the doctors and if the answer to #2 is "yes" - thats how I'd roll the dice.

Without Nelson we've put 30+ points on the NYG's and DAL in successive weeks. Can we get by doing that one more week?

The fact that doctors allowed Jordy to travel on the plane with the team is encouraging. Shows he may be close to being able to return as he wouldn't have been allowed to fly if they were still bothering his breathing.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 04:54:25 PM »

The fact that doctors allowed Jordy to travel on the plane with the team is encouraging. Shows he may be close to being able to return as he wouldn't have been allowed to fly if they were still bothering his breathing.

He looked pretty good in those street clothes too. Just saying!

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »
When in doubt, Google.

JJ played three (3) games in 2013 with broken ribs.
(Wk 16) Pittsburgh (Wk 17) Chicago & (Playoffs) San Fran - catching 17 passes on 24 targets for 105 yards.
He broke them sometime during the Pittsburgh game. So it can be done :)

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/james-jones-played-final-two-games-with-broken-ribs-b99179599z1-239200591.html

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:08:33 PM by Leader »

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 08:53:14 PM »
It would seem that the Packers would be careful about Nelson, and would probably list him as "questionable" as long as possible. Why not? Keep the Falcons in doubt. And it apparently wouldn't be breaking any rules, according to rules changes by the NFL:

"Questionable” now, literally, means that it is uncertain whether or not a player will be playing in a particular week, while “doubtful” now means. . .get this. . .that it’s unlikely a player will play. “Out,” apparently, still means out.

This basically means that any player that is less than 100% definite to play should be listed as “questionable” on the final injury report. As PFT points out, this does create a much broader range of which players can be listed as “questionable” on the injury report.

So, they could definitely list Nelson as "doubtful" on Wednesday, then change the status to "questionable" Friday. Again, why not?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2017, 09:03:07 PM »
Jordy did work out today(Mon).  I dont know what his workout consisted of, but it is a step.  Mc Carthy was asked if Jordy would practice on Wednesday and he said he didn't know.  Good thing is, he didnt totally rule it out. We'll see.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »
Would love to get him back but it's early.  If the reports of fractured ribs are true would be pretty tough for him to be a go.  Maybe they could suit him up and have him in on a few plays.  Dunno but that is asking a lot.  He could be ready by the Superbowl much more feasible.  Want to here about DaVante, Morgan, and Bak.  Hopefully all these guys can play and won't be hampered by injuries they suffered. 

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2017, 11:26:15 AM »
Would love to get him back but it's early.  If the reports of fractured ribs are true would be pretty tough for him to be a go.  Maybe they could suit him up and have him in on a few plays.  Dunno but that is asking a lot.  He could be ready by the Superbowl much more feasible.  Want to here about DaVante, Morgan, and Bak.  Hopefully all these guys can play and won't be hampered by injuries they suffered.

Very small sliver of hope - Probably best to assume he can't go and it's amazing if he can.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18494589

Now you just really hope Davante will be OK. The fact he came back in the game doesn't mean he was anywhere near 100%...And we know the Davante with a bad ankle already.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2017, 11:38:08 AM »
Based on nothing more than this obscured shot of Adams on the sidelines, I wonder if it's actually his knee and not his ankle:

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2017, 11:51:29 AM »
Based on nothing more than this obscured shot of Adams on the sidelines, I wonder if it's actually his knee and not his ankle:

Ugh...Pretty sure I saw it was an ankle and undisclosed knee last year...Swell.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2017, 11:55:06 AM »
Adams got back in the game. So, if he is hurt, it's apparently not enough to keep him out. Anyway, keep calm and forge ahead. Nothing else to do at this point.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2017, 12:00:07 PM »

The game replay showed his ankle getting twisted / turned and the DB landing on it / his leg.
If there's knee involvement nobody but Davante and the GBP's know - but it's unlikely they'd let him return to the game if it was a knee - or I dont think he / they would at least.