September 25, 2017, 07:22:03 PM

Author Topic: struggle to make the playoffs.  (Read 738 times)

Online Twain

• HOF Member
Re: struggle to make the playoffs.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 09:30:39 AM »
Face it, the amygdala in some posters has less inhibitory input than others.  No need to make fun of them.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 09:42:50 AM »
Face it, the amygdala in some posters has less inhibitory input than others.  No need to make fun of them.

Word check:  The amygdalae (singular: amygdala; /əˈmɪɡdələ/; also corpus amygdaloideum; Latin, from Greek ἀμυγδαλή, amygdalē, 'almond', 'tonsil'[1]) are two almond-shaped groups of nuclei located deep and medially within the temporal lobes of the brain in complex vertebrates, including humans.[2] Shown in research to perform a primary role in the processing of memory, decision-making, and emotional reactions, the amygdalae are considered part of the limbic system.[3]

:)

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 09:57:30 AM »
You can piss and moan about this all you like, but playing the victim card is ridiculous. Like you, the poster I quoted loves to bellyache and power whine about players and coaches. So, when you're reminded of your bellyaching and power whining, just own it... Certainly don't play the victim card.

That was my way of trying to be nice about it, not play the victim card.  You can see my first response to your trolling was to just point you what the media was saying at the time of SSG's post, no comments related to you making fun of SSG's posts.  When B, who adds quite a bit to this site, asked what the point was, I elaborated in a pretty easy going manner that I didn't think cherry picking a quote that was fairly accurate (IMO along with the media as you can see) was fair.

So feel free to tell me I'm going down a slippery slope or whatever, but it takes all of 2 clicks to view a members posts.  While I don't like Randall and state my case on those, maybe too far at times, at least I put in stats and on this last one, some screen shots to show my point.  Your posts are literally about 50% making fun of others on here with about 10% being actual relevant discussion.  If you want to chime in when the team is 4-6 and looking like they're not going to make the playoffs, and you end up being right, feel free to give us all the business.  But as Ricky has pointed out as well, just waiting until the end of the year to cherry pick one isn't exactly reasonable.

Online cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »
To the "I told you so" group:

4-6 happened.  The offensive incompetence that had extended to the previous year happened.  To ridicule people for being upset about that mess after the turnaround is pretty shallow. 

The turnaround also happened.  Mike McCarthy dumped the no-huddle.  He dumped the isolation route offense that was the root cause of the offensive incompetence.  It immediately sparked Rodgers hot streak.  The first few games in the old offensive scheme we saw Rodgers getting the ball out of his hands on time and in rhythm.  As Rodgers heated up the 15-20 yard completions started to come back again.    McCarthy also incorporated playmakers into the slot position instead of giving Richard Rodgers 80% of the snaps.  Rather fortunate injuries to Lacy, Starks, and Don Jackson paved the way to Montgomery filling the #1 RB role better than anyone could guessed.  We now have a back that is averaging over 5 yards per carry but can also split out wide vs. an inside backer and be an immediate mismatch in the passing game.  Allison forced his way onto the field and has come up huge as a possession receiver. 

A LOT has happened since 4-6.  McCarthy deserves a ton of credit for the turnaround.  He also deserved the heat he received when the offense wasn't getting it done. 

I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 10:51:05 AM »
To the "I told you so" group:

4-6 happened.  The offensive incompetence that had extended to the previous year happened.  To ridicule people for being upset about that mess after the turnaround is pretty shallow. 

The turnaround also happened.  Mike McCarthy dumped the no-huddle.  He dumped the isolation route offense that was the root cause of the offensive incompetence.  It immediately sparked Rodgers hot streak.  The first few games in the old offensive scheme we saw Rodgers getting the ball out of his hands on time and in rhythm.  As Rodgers heated up the 15-20 yard completions started to come back again.    McCarthy also incorporated playmakers into the slot position instead of giving Richard Rodgers 80% of the snaps.  Rather fortunate injuries to Lacy, Starks, and Don Jackson paved the way to Montgomery filling the #1 RB role better than anyone could guessed.  We now have a back that is averaging over 5 yards per carry but can also split out wide vs. an inside backer and be an immediate mismatch in the passing game.  Allison forced his way onto the field and has come up huge as a possession receiver. 

A LOT has happened since 4-6.  McCarthy deserves a ton of credit for the turnaround.  He also deserved the heat he received when the offense wasn't getting it done.

With all due respect Cheech, we can all learn from this.

We are all a bit too certain of our opinions, and as such argue opinion like it is fact.

Some even say they are rarely wrong but admit it when they are, and then don't.

Maybe in the future we can accept that everyone gets their opinion, and choose to disagree without being disagreeable.

Time to let this issue go, IMO.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:58:59 AM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 10:51:28 AM »

That was my way of trying to be nice about it, not play the victim card.  You can see my first response to your trolling was to just point you what the media was saying at the time of SSG's post, no comments related to you making fun of SSG's posts.  When B, who adds quite a bit to this site, asked what the point was, I elaborated in a pretty easy going manner that I didn't think cherry picking a quote that was fairly accurate (IMO along with the media as you can see) was fair.

So feel free to tell me I'm going down a slippery slope or whatever, but it takes all of 2 clicks to view a members posts.  While I don't like Randall and state my case on those, maybe too far at times, at least I put in stats and on this last one, some screen shots to show my point.  Your posts are literally about 50% making fun of others on here with about 10% being actual relevant discussion.  If you want to chime in when the team is 4-6 and looking like they're not going to make the playoffs, and you end up being right, feel free to give us all the business.  But as Ricky has pointed out as well, just waiting until the end of the year to cherry pick one isn't exactly reasonable.

No one's playing the victim card.  If they want to pull posts up from months ago when they weren't man or women enough to post their opinions, more power to them.  Its easy to laugh at others when you were too scared to post your opinion.  A couple of the "I told you so after the fact" crowd were MIA for damn near 80% of the season.  It's all good.  I welcome them back.  There is plenty of room left on the bandwagon for them.  I may have been critical about things this year, but my support has never waivered and I've been here every week.  I guess its easier to turn your fandom on and off for some  thumbsup)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:12:35 AM by SSG »
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 12:35:06 PM »

No one's playing the victim card.  If they want to pull posts up from months ago when they weren't man or women enough to post their opinions, more power to them.  Its easy to laugh at others when you were too scared to post your opinion.  A couple of the "I told you so after the fact" crowd were MIA for damn near 80% of the season.  It's all good.  I welcome them back.  There is plenty of room left on the bandwagon for them.  I may have been critical about things this year, but my support has never waivered and I've been here every week.  I guess its easier to turn your fandom on and off for some  thumbsup)
This is such garbage. You are the last person who should be getting on anyone for being MIA. Usually, you  are nowhere to be found when the Packers are winning, so thanks for finally growing a set once. So, don't give me this "I have been here every week" garbage.

Second, I was the one here who insisted repeatedly that the Packers would win the division while you and many others were screaming for TT, MM & DC to be fired. I was the one who insisted that there was no rift between Rodgers and MM while you and others continued to scream otherwise. You are the last person who should be lecturing ANYONE on how to be a fan because you are one of the biggest bandwagoners here.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:37:24 PM by cpk1994 »
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith