November 19, 2017, 04:31:15 AM

Author Topic: Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Falcons NFCC Game Day Thread  (Read 18669 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Falcons NFCC Game Day Thread
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:43:17 PM »
Its's been a long road, full of twists and turns, ups and downs, and it's time for another preliminary fight before the main event. After Sunday. out of 32, two will be left. This is going to be another tough one. It'll be that one play by that one player, whether right or wrong, that could well decide this game. An interception, a blown coverage, an offside at the wrong time. The game will also probably be won by the team who has the will to win, the will to put forth that last ounce of effort, that last bit of extra strength, that burning belief that "this is our game, our time, and no one is going to deny us."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:50:00 PM by Leader »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 09:06:06 PM »
Thanks Ricky as usual.

We'll re-open this thread on Saturday.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:49:45 PM by Leader »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 03:51:10 PM »
Bring it!!!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:49:30 PM by Leader »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 04:06:18 PM »
Barring any setback during workouts before the game Sunday at the Georgia Dome, receivers Jordy Nelson (broken ribs), Davante Adams (ankle) and Geronimo Allison (hamstring) and safety Morgan Burnett (thigh) are going to be available, according to a league source.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/01/21/packers-injured-ready-give-try/96886328/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:50:24 PM by Leader »

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 04:08:26 PM »
Barring any setback during workouts before the game Sunday at the Georgia Dome, receivers Jordy Nelson (broken ribs), Davante Adams (ankle) and Geronimo Allison (hamstring) and safety Morgan Burnett (thigh) are going to be available, according to a league source.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/01/21/packers-injured-ready-give-try/96886328/

If true, this is shocking to me. The article says the decision to play them will come down to how much MM thinks each guy can contribute despite their injuries. Certainly a promising sign...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:49:11 PM by Leader »

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 04:13:49 PM »
Re: NFC Championship Game vs. Atlanta Falcons.
Reply #124 on: Today at 03:29:33 PM
 Packers activated a WR off the practice squad today.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  2m2 minutes ago
More
 Packers have signed WR Max McCaffrey to active roster from the practice squad and placed C/G JC Tretter on injured reserve

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000777203/article/packers-promote-wr-mccaffrey-as-nelson-insurance
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:48:58 PM by Leader »
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 04:21:01 PM »
This could be the last game these guys play this year. The thought of standing on the sidelines in civvies while your teammates go out and play must be well nigh unbearable to even think about. The only question is their effectiveness. But that they are willing to suit up says a lot about their character, and the determination of the players. If this doesn't get the rest of the team fired up to do their best, then I would be very, very surprised. That and the veteran leadership of Rodgers, Peppers, CMII, Lang, Bulaga and even the younger vets, like Bak, Clinton-Dix, Cobb, Daniels... and a lot more. This is a team that believes in itself, and as Rodgers said, "Respect everyone, fear no one."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:48:45 PM by Leader »

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »
If Nelson plays Id expect some back shoulder fade stuff from him, nothing risky. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:47:55 PM by Leader »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 04:35:02 PM »
Re: NFC Championship Game vs. Atlanta Falcons.
Reply #124 on: Today at 03:29:33 PM
 Packers activated a WR off the practice squad today. Not a good sign, sounds like one of our WR's is not playing tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  2m2 minutes ago
More
 Packers have signed WR Max McCaffrey to active roster from the practice squad and placed C/G JC Tretter on injured reserve

I would be shocked if McCaffrey is active tomorrow. But if he is, it doesn't bode well for the WR corps.
How much confidence could they have in having to rely on him to perform?
I think there is potential in his ability, but right now it may be too much to expect much of anything from him.
If they need to call his number, I hope for the best.

Here's a highlight clip of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7wXRy-qjTQ
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:47:38 PM by Leader »

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 04:59:42 PM »
If Nelson plays Id expect some back shoulder fade stuff from him, nothing risky.

Yeah...But if he's cleared to play, the assumption is he can't do significant damage by doing so, right? I assume he'd wear a kevlar vest, and would get something to ease the pain?

Pretty crazy...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:46:55 PM by Leader »

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 05:28:22 PM »
As odd as this sounds, could Max McCaffrey be the second coming of Geronimo Allison?

I know he has only been with the team for a month, and probably doesn't have many reps with Rodgers, but just like Allison has come out and played well...

McCaffrey is 6'2", 195-200 lbs, and supposedly ran well a the Duke pro day.  He went to Duke, so he probably is smart enough to absorb the playbook reasonably well, and has a good background since his father was successful in the NFL and has probably coached him up his entire life.  He could be quite football smart.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2016/03/23/former-duke-wr-max-mccaffrey-runs-unofficial-4-36-40-yard-dash-at-pro-day/a6n5bgj/

I am not counting on him for much, just hoping that as a player that Atlanta hasn't studied film on, he might come out and be effective if he needs to play.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:46:41 PM by Leader »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »
Honestly don't know how Jordy could be a go.  Assuming he will be out.  Heard Adams has a high ankle.  Hope this report is false.  Just wish we were healthy for once.   Now the flu going around?   ughhh...  It will take a miracle to pull this one out.  Had high expectations but after all the injury reports and illness not so much.  The Defense will have to step up big in order for the Packers to win.  It will take the entire team all 3 phases to get this one done.

Packers will have to play their hearts out. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:46:19 PM by Leader »

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 05:31:52 PM »

Yeah...But if he's cleared to play, the assumption is he can't do significant damage by doing so, right? I assume he'd wear a kevlar vest, and would get something to ease the pain?

Pretty crazy...

Jordy is tough, but I wonder how much he will be used as a decoy, as Atlanta will have to take him seriously even if he doesn't get the ball thrown his way much.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:46:05 PM by Leader »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 05:40:35 PM »
Honestly don't know how Jordy could be a go.  Assuming he will be out.  Heard Adams has a high ankle.  Hope this report is false.  Just wish we were healthy for once.   Now the flu going around?   ughhh...  It will take a miracle to pull this one out.  Had high expectations but after all the injury reports and illness not so much.  The Defense will have to step up big in order for the Packers to win.  It will take the entire team all 3 phases to get this one done.

Packers will have to play their hearts out.

I can feel the anxiety in your post  cheese) I don't think it will take a miracle. This team is focused...And getting any of the 4 guys back is big. I feel really good about Cook and Daniels having big days tomorrow. Hopefully it's get to the hotel ASAP and get some sleep...and I'm assuming it will be a pretty quiet ride down, too.

Let's go!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:45:51 PM by Leader »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »
Rodgers knows the game will be loud Sunday- maybe too loud? The Falcons were already caught cheating. Would they do it again?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/21/aaron-rodgers-its-loud-in-atlanta-whether-its-all-natural-or-not/

On a side note, the punishment for excessive noise by the Falcons has to make the Seahawks a bit nervous on the Sherman injury issue. And when are they going to bust the Vikings for fake noise?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:47:14 PM by Leader »