September 21, 2017, 04:27:42 PM

Author Topic: Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Falcons NFCC Game Day Thread  (Read 14674 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Falcons NFCC Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 05:59:26 PM »
Packers get late start to Atlanta.

After waiting for fog to lift in Green Bay their airplane had to divert to Milwaukee and the team had to bus down to Mitchell Field. The team waited some 2 hours before getting buses.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 06:44:13 PM »

After waiting for fog to lift in Green Bay their airplane had to divert to Milwaukee and the team had to bus down to Mitchell Field. The team waited some 2 hours before getting buses.

Not a good omen. Similar to the Vikings plane sliding off the tarmac while arriving for their December game against the Packers. You just knew that kind of bad ju-ju would come back to haunt them. Hopefully, the Packers won't be playing in a fog, or have their readiness delayed on Sunday.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 06:47:10 PM »
Re: NFC Championship Game vs. Atlanta Falcons.
Reply #124 on: Today at 03:29:33 PM
 Packers activated a WR off the practice squad today.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  2m2 minutes ago
More
 Packers have signed WR Max McCaffrey to active roster from the practice squad and placed C/G JC Tretter on injured reserve

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000777203/article/packers-promote-wr-mccaffrey-as-nelson-insurance

I know this is a bit off topic but does anybody have an idea why mccaffrey was undrafted and has not been able to stick on a roster yet? He has height and speed and bloodline. Looks like a strong wind might knock him over though.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 08:02:47 PM »

Not a good omen. Similar to the Vikings plane sliding off the tarmac while arriving for their December game against the Packers. You just knew that kind of bad ju-ju would come back to haunt them. Hopefully, the Packers won't be playing in a fog, or have their readiness delayed on Sunday.

Thinking the same thing.  However Packers always preach dealing with adversity.  This is another test.  Really ridiculous everything they have gone through to get to this point.  If they pull off the upset that would really speak to the character of this team. 

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 10:31:11 PM »
If Nelson plays Id expect some back shoulder fade stuff from him, nothing risky.

If Nelson plays I'll be very surprised.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 11:08:38 PM »
I really think we can do this.  Rodgers in a dome as a underdog.  I like this team playing in this situation.  Need Matthews, Perry and Peppers to bring it.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 12:04:58 AM »
Can you imagine if the defense played the game of their lives? Pressure, sacks, turnovers, stuffing the run... I'm going to go to bed dreaming about that.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Falcons NFCC Game Day Thread
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 12:15:25 AM »
If Nelson plays Id expect some back shoulder fade stuff from him, nothing risky.

If Nelson plays I'll be very surprised.

I agree. Saw video of him practicing. He was moving - but looked to me like he was trying hard not to "move".
My greatest concern is Adams. He's not even trying out his ankle till pregame. Not good IMO. Not good. Even if he goes - I'll be surprised if he lasts. Happened last year as well. He came back - gave it a go - was gone in a series. I think that's why McCaffery (sp?) was brought up.

Cook, Cobb, Ty, Allison.....Janis, Davis are gonna have to make plays. It'll be like "ole times" for #83.

It's all hands on deck time.

Think Willis Reed  :)

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 12:54:32 AM »
Rodgers knows the game will be loud Sunday- maybe too loud? The Falcons were already caught cheating. Would they do it again?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/21/aaron-rodgers-its-loud-in-atlanta-whether-its-all-natural-or-not/

On a side note, the punishment for excessive noise by the Falcons has to make the Seahawks a bit nervous on the Sherman injury issue. And when are they going to bust the Vikings for fake noise?
Rodgers essentially gave Falcons fans a reason to be louder than they ever have before.  I expect it to be extremely loud tomorrow...with real fan noise.

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 06:13:35 AM »

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  47m47 minutes ago

#Packers WR Jordy Nelson, expected to play with fractured ribs, ordered military-grade kevlar padding from @UnequalTech, sources say.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2017, 06:36:22 AM »
It's all hands on deck time.

Think Willis Reed  :)

Or maybe Kellen Winslow.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 07:25:12 AM »
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago:
So with Nelson (ribs), Adams (ankle), Allison (hamstring), Burnett (quadriceps) all expected to give it a go, Packers nearly full strength.
Fair to wonder how effective they'll be playing hurt, but medical staff wouldn't clear them if they were in grave danger. We shall see.

Offline walker16

• All Pro
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 08:04:32 AM »
All the talk about injuries....All have injuries entering week 20.
Everyone calling for a shoot out. After the Dallas game I thought so as well.
This wont be the monster sized OL of Dallas. I'm expecting our DL & LBers to deliver.
GB 27  Atl 24.

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2017, 08:09:51 AM »
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago:
So with Nelson (ribs), Adams (ankle), Allison (hamstring), Burnett (quadriceps) all expected to give it a go, Packers nearly full strength.
Fair to wonder how effective they'll be playing hurt, but medical staff wouldn't clear them if they were in grave danger. We shall see.

Agreed on the medical staff
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.