September 23, 2017, 07:55:42 AM

Author Topic: Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Falcons NFCC Game Day Thread  (Read 14778 times)

Offline craig

• HOF Member
Re: Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Falcons NFCC Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2017, 08:41:48 AM »
i think it may be harder on Burnett than the receivers.  A receiver can run soft/slow/gingerly, kind of gear himself for a cut, or perhaps only make a gentle cut that doesn't hurt too much.  Adams did that last year, ran slow and soft and didn't have the quick feet he's shown this year.  He played bad, but he could kind of play.  If he can't run firmly enough to get open, he can still go out, and absorb a defender, and hope Rodgers can throw it to somebody else or throw it to him on his side away from defender.  If he doesn't get open, he doesn't get open, and maybe Rodgers will throw it away, or get sacked, or run, or throw to somebody else who maybe can get open. 

But Burnett has no such luxury.  If he needs to chase one of the running backs, if back cut one way Burnett's got to cut that way.  He can't pre-determine which moves he can make that don't hurt too much.  If he's got to run full-out to chase a receiver or to keep one of the RB from getting around the outside edge and going long, Burnett's got to run full-out as fast as his injured self can allow.   

Not too worried about the impact of aggravating injuries.  If they don't play or if they do get aggravated while playing in a loss, they'll have 8 months to rehab.  Guys play their whole careers in hopes of one or two Super Bowls. 

The bigger question is whether a 60% Burnett is actually more effective than 100% Brice, or 50% Adams/Jordy better than 100% Davis/Janis. 

I wonder how MM will split up the snaps between Davis and Janis?  I'll guess Davis gets a lot more? 

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2017, 08:49:39 AM »
Jason Wilde Verified account@jasonjwilde:
Packers have not said if Rollins cleared concussion protocol yet. But he took part in practice all week.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Falcons NFCC Game Day Thread
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2017, 08:55:26 AM »
All the talk about injuries....All have injuries entering week 20.
Everyone calling for a shoot out. After the Dallas game I thought so as well.
This wont be the monster sized OL of Dallas. I'm expecting our DL & LBers to deliver.
GB 27  Atl 24.

True about injuries at this time of the year but this games list is really unbalanced wouldn't ya say?

Friday Injury Report;

If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline MNPack12

• All Pro
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 08:57:53 AM »
All the talk about injuries....All have injuries entering week 20.
Everyone calling for a shoot out. After the Dallas game I thought so as well.
This wont be the monster sized OL of Dallas. I'm expecting our DL & LBers to deliver.
GB 27  Atl 24.

True about injuries at this time of the year but this games list is really unbalanced wouldn't ya say?

Maybe McCarthy is including every little nick and scratch to play into the Falcons fan base saying we'll get destroyed because of injuries...Let that mindset seep into ATL's D.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 09:00:07 AM »

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  47m47 minutes ago

#Packers WR Jordy Nelson, expected to play with fractured ribs, ordered military-grade kevlar padding from @UnequalTech, sources say.

I guess I was wrong.   :)

Offline Beast Light

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2017, 09:17:43 AM »
At the very least, Jordy giving it a go has to be a lift for the team.  We are going to need the defense to step up big today.  Hope Capers and Co are up to it.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2017, 10:27:53 AM »
The OL of the Cowboys has been called the best in the league. Therefore, it seems appropriate that the Packers line should get some recognition. And the coaches who teach them their techniques. Though, fair warning: its's an article by "Hack" McGinn.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/01/21/mcginn-pass-protection-technique-drawing-praise/96847704/

Other coaches being told to teach the Packers technique or else? Indeed, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:29:04 AM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2017, 10:45:08 AM »

The calm before the storm..........

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
ESPN's Ed Werder reports that Nelson, Adams and Allison are all expected to play:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18530497/green-bay-packers-receivers-jordy-nelson-davante-adams-geronimo-allison-expected-play-atlanta-falcons

The rest are game time decisions.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2017, 11:39:20 AM »
ESPN's Ed Werder reports that Nelson, Adams and Allison are all expected to play:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18530497/green-bay-packers-receivers-jordy-nelson-davante-adams-geronimo-allison-expected-play-atlanta-falcons

The rest are game time decisions.

Hopefully we see Morgan Burnett out on the field, our secondary is facing a tough task today.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2017, 12:09:15 PM »
I have three keys to the game. 

Both the Giants and the Cowboys were putting up FGs for 3 points early in the game while the Packers were putting up TDs for 7 points.  It is important that we get out to fast start again.  Yes, our defense has problems but bend and don't break has worked thus far. 

No turnovers.  Win the turnover battle. 

Lastly, we have to put pressure on Matt Ryan.  We need to get some hits on him and sack him.   

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2017, 12:35:48 PM »
Packer inactives:

Green Bay Packers
6 QB Joe Callahan
13 WR Max McCaffrey
26 CB Herb Waters
40 FB Joe Kerridge
44 RB James Starks
68 T Kyle Murphy
99 DT Christian Ringo

All the questionables are active.

Offline green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2017, 12:42:35 PM »
Falcons inactives:

15 WR Nick Williams
28 RB Terron Ward
33 CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson
38 FS Dashon Goldson
52 LB Josh Keyes
71 G Wes Schweitzer
86 TE D.J. Tialavea

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2017, 12:46:31 PM »
In my opinion (duh) the key to the game will be containing those running backs. They can run and catch. Obviously we are vulnerable to a passing attack, but for some reason I think stopping the running game will be key. I bet the Falcons watched the Cowboys and said, sheesh, if they just kept running the ball, especially on 3rd and short, instead of passing, they would have won.

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2017, 12:47:37 PM »
T. Ward had a good game against us in week 8.  He had 6 carries for 46 yards.  Good to see him not playing.  I read all week that Desmond Trufant wouldn't play in this game.