November 19, 2017, 04:13:12 AM

Author Topic: Lacy  (Read 18306 times)

Offline Redt

• Starter
Re: Lacy
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 03:29:37 PM »
TT will low ball, and Schneider will swoop in and grab him, mark my words. For the record, I think he is worth keeping.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 06:38:55 PM »
TT will low ball, and Schneider will swoop in and grab him, mark my words. For the record, I think he is worth keeping.

Seattle has 2 backs in Prosise and Rawls that offer more than Lacy.  Not to mention Alex Collins.  They have no need. 

Lacy at 2m would be a good deal for both parties.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 06:43:58 PM »
Thought Lacy was fine two years ago, but he played hurt.  Weight is not the issue.  I like when he runs linebackers and devensive backs over.  He did seem more committed last year as was evidenced by his hurdling of several would be tacklers.  I think he and Montgomery would be a great 1-2 punch and then bring someone else in.  You always need a stable of horses in the backfield!

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 07:03:30 PM »
Thought Lacy was fine two years ago, but he played hurt.  Weight is not the issue. I like when he runs linebackers and devensive backs over.  He did seem more committed last year as was evidenced by his hurdling of several would be tacklers.  I think he and Montgomery would be a great 1-2 punch and then bring someone else in.  You always need a stable of horses in the backfield!

IMO weight definitely IS one of the issues, in the sense that every pound carried quadruples the pressure and torque on knees and ankles. From what I have seen, Lacy is much more effective and has a better chance of staying healthy when playing around 230  pounds. He was around 225 in college if I remember it right.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 07:43:37 PM »
HA,HA,HA...Still nothing on the internet about an impending Packer re-signing by the Packers. But I  DID find this except from an ESPN satellite over in Viking-Land:

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/02/will-price-tag-eddie-lacy-affect-vikings-thinking-peterson/

If you scroll down the page and read the comments, many are excited about the possibility of Lacy replacing AD. And there was also something about a potential TJ signing. The minny fans just canít let go of the obsession to BE the Packers!  ;)

Offline DWhitehurst

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:25 PM »
I'd love it Lacy were re-signed, that is, for a prove it deal amount, given I'm in the camp that thinks weight has been an issue with Lacy that may be an ongoing struggle for him and has affected how good he can be.

Offline DWhitehurst

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 10:05:37 PM »
I'd love it Lacy were re-signed, that is, for a prove it deal amount, given I'm in the camp that thinks weight has been an issue with Lacy that may be an ongoing struggle for him and has affected how good he can be. I also think he became a more tentative player after the last couple of concussions, understandably.

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »
While I don't hate Lacy I get no excitement from resigning him.  He was overweight last year, came in, in shape this year, and promptly gained weight before season started.  Sure he has talent to be a feature back but I question the desire.  My guess would be that he gets a prove it deal and knocks it out of the park.  Gets big money and gets fat and lazy.  SO I'd be good with it as long as we NEVER sign him to a long term deal.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 08:27:20 AM »
While I don't hate Lacy I get no excitement from resigning him.  He was overweight last year, came in, in shape this year, and promptly gained weight before season started.  Sure he has talent to be a feature back but I question the desire.  My guess would be that he gets a prove it deal and knocks it out of the park.  Gets big money and gets fat and lazy.  SO I'd be good with it as long as we NEVER sign him to a long term deal.
He did not gain weight when the season started. There was not a single report to back that assertion up.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:48 AM »
If Lacy isn't signed with the Packers, then I would expect to see him wearing colors of the Tampa Bay Bucs. Why? Warm weather, fewer problems with his asthma. Otherwise....I would think TT and Lacy will come to some resolution on a short term contract.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 09:27:00 AM »

Seattle has 2 backs in Prosise and Rawls that offer more than Lacy.  Not to mention Alex Collins.  They have no need. 

Lacy at 2m would be a good deal for both parties.

I'm not overly worried about Seattle signing Lacy.  I'd be more worried about New England.  New England paid more than Lacy's rumored contract for Blount last year.  Blount wasn't signed until weeks into Free Agency.  Not only is he  a player with a ton of baggage but he was coming off a serious hip injury.  Lacy and Blount are essentially the same type of player with Lacy easily being the better of the two.   

2 Million of incentives with the Vet minimum guaranteed for Lacy would be an outstanding deal for Green Bay.  Lacy would be taking 100% of the risk with a very little reward.  I can't see how that deal would benefit Lacy.  Chances are very good that we draft a RB this year.  He'd be signing up to split carries with 3 backs for basically veteran's minimum.  IMO, he isn't going to do his career any good by agreeing to be a 10 carry a game RB in one of his prime NFL years.  IMO, he'd be better off signing in Philly, NYG or another RB needy team. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 09:37:32 AM »
New England is rumored to be interested as well.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 09:59:10 AM »
He did not gain weight when the season started. There was not a single report to back that assertion up.
Why do I need a report to back it up.  There is information out there that he was fined for his weight this season as well as last season.  Plus I have my eyes.  Saw pics of him before season started and once season started.  Got heavier.  Not to mention does and did not have the explosion he had as a rookie.  You can all have a love fest for him that is fine by me.  He is not a pro.  Doesn't take care of his body and doesn't sow me the desire.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/eddie-lacy-fined-packers-weight/350697
Lacyís plans for working out this offseason sound encouraging, but he said and did the same thing last year and there were reports his eating got out of hand again before his injury.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:02:51 AM by armchair qb »

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 10:06:36 AM »
Also let me reiterate, that I do believe we must draft an RB with the depth that is in this draft. I just like Lacy a lot, and thought he came back committed. Would love to see him in a split backfield with Monty, Cobb, and a draft pick. I think he would add a great dimension to our offense.

Me too.  This combo would really make our offense more balanced and even more formidable next season.    cheese)

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
HA,HA,HA...Still nothing on the internet about an impending Packer re-signing by the Packers. But I  DID find this except from an ESPN satellite over in Viking-Land:

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/02/will-price-tag-eddie-lacy-affect-vikings-thinking-peterson/

If you scroll down the page and read the comments, many are excited about the possibility of Lacy replacing AD. And there was also something about a potential TJ signing. The minny fans just canít let go of the obsession to BE the Packers!  ;)

I don't think we can contact/sign any FAs until March 7th.