November 19, 2017, 08:12:23 AM

Author Topic: Lacy  (Read 18310 times)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
Re: Lacy
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2017, 04:11:14 PM »
Its crazy that so many Packers fans trash Lacy for being "fat" and then read Carroll's comments saying the bigger the better.  They want the violent runner who breaks tackles and gets yards after contact.  There aren't many RBs in the NFL better at that than Lacy.

No matter how I try and explain my position you'll dismiss it. We are a passing team first and foremost. We do our best running when it is somewhat by surprise. We do not possess the kind of offensive line to line up and pound the football. Should we try and become that it will fail. Just as it did in Eddy Lacy's 4 years here.

We have the most talented QB in the league, maybe EVER! We win games throwing the football. Seattle wins games running the football, read option and playing defense. Eddy Lacy fits them a lot better than us.
We haven't won a Suepr Bowl since 2010. Lack of a running game is a big reason why.  RIght now they have zero running game. Montgomery isn't goung to cut it and rtelying on a rookke is foolish. YOu seem to have forgotten how this offense has struggled without a threat at running back.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

maxman44

« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2017, 04:23:58 PM »
The off season has just begun

R-E-L-A-X

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2017, 07:36:40 PM »
cheech just posted in another thread, Lacy or should I say Tony Horton, is weighing in at a svelte 267 pounds right now.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2017, 07:45:59 PM »
cheech's post was in the wrong Form...it has been modifiedd.

He can repost if he likes here in the Lacy thread.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2017, 08:10:58 PM »
Its crazy that so many Packers fans trash Lacy for being "fat" and then read Carroll's comments saying the bigger the better.  They want the violent runner who breaks tackles and gets yards after contact.  There aren't many RBs in the NFL better at that than Lacy.

No matter how I try and explain my position you'll dismiss it. We are a passing team first and foremost. We do our best running when it is somewhat by surprise. We do not possess the kind of offensive line to line up and pound the football. Should we try and become that it will fail. Just as it did in Eddy Lacy's 4 years here.

We have the most talented QB in the league, maybe EVER! We win games throwing the football. Seattle wins games running the football, read option and playing defense. Eddy Lacy fits them a lot better than us.
We haven't won a Suepr Bowl since 2010. Lack of a running game is a big reason why.  RIght now they have zero running game. Montgomery isn't goung to cut it and rtelying on a rookke is foolish. YOu seem to have forgotten how this offense has struggled without a threat at running back.

Didn't Lacy have a couple of good years as a rookie and a 2nd year player?

I think a rookie (if it's the right "make" of runner) paired with Monty would be effective enough to make this offense work just fine.

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2017, 08:14:39 PM »
267 RB with a bad ankle injury for 5 million or a rookie with fewer miles and making 1/10th of that?  Give me the rookie, provided he's good enough to be drafted. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2017, 08:36:52 PM »
267 RB with a bad ankle injury for 5 million or a rookie with fewer miles and making 1/10th of that?  Give me the rookie, provided he's good enough to be drafted.

thumbsup)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2017, 06:40:56 AM »

Well, maybe Schneider and the Seahawks are just stupid. After all, they just signed an overweight RB who had a serious ankle injury last year. And, according to some, badly overpaid him. Obviously, they've made a terrible decision. Or have they?

Isn't it possible the Seahawks knew what Lacy weighed- in March? And thought it was at least possible he could lose enough weight and, more importantly, get into better shape in the next few months? And isn't it also possible they looked into his injury very, very carefully? And decided he was worth the risk despite those factors?

Recall a couple of things. First, at around 240 pounds last year, he was a terror as a RB before initially injuring his ankle. And, second, even at the time, there were some on the board who were highly critical of the Packers forcing Lacy back onto the field too early after his initial ankle injury. Cook was given weeks to recover; Lacy, less than a week. And he played, got hurt worse, and ended up on IR.

It is probable that the Seahawks see Lacy as the next incarnation of Marshawn Lynch, that "beast mode" heavy hitting, punishing runner who can give their ground game a boost. We'll see what happens once the season begins. Maybe the Seahawks are totally wrong and we're totally correct. But, to my mind, to declare this a bad idea at this point is very preemptive.

Well, apparently the Seahawks are doing what they can to make sure Lacy is in playing shape. And, as usual, those initial reports of what a contract is worth are actually far different than what is actually guaranteed, Because anything other than guaranteed money is "monopoly money". Money that might be counted against the salary cap, but won't end up in the pockets of the players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/17/eddie-lacy-has-seven-different-55000-weight-targets/

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:57:07 AM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2017, 08:12:57 AM »
Ricky,

All of those things are possible as you suggest. Shouldn't it be a warning sign to an organization when a RB, on his free agent tour, shows up 25+ pounds overweight? Especially when there has been reports of his weight issues in the past. His ankle maybe fine, but playing on turf will not help it one bit. I'll make a prediction! Eddy Lacy will not turn into a Marshawn Lynch. He doesn't love the game enough for that.

I don't wish Eddie Lacy ill will. His story is touching with what his family went through. I don't value the RB position in today's NFL the way it used to be. I also don't think he's the best fit for our offensive line. Put that money into extending guys who are up next year that make more sense.

Advante Adams
Ha Ha (although we probably exercise our 5th year option on him)
Burnett
Lane Taylor

IMO, that is money better spent.  twocents)
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2017, 06:05:54 PM »
Ricky,

All of those things are possible as you suggest. Shouldn't it be a warning sign to an organization when a RB, on his free agent tour, shows up 25+ pounds overweight? Especially when there has been reports of his weight issues in the past. His ankle maybe fine, but playing on turf will not help it one bit. I'll make a prediction! Eddy Lacy will not turn into a Marshawn Lynch. He doesn't love the game enough for that.

golfman, the Seahawks knew everything you wrote. I addressed that in my post. They signed him anyway. How will he do? Quite frankly, we don't know. And I was simply projecting what the Seahawks hope he'll become, not predicting it as a probability. But Schneider is nobody's fool. Who knows? If he doesn't work out, they can always re-sign Christine Michael.  ;D
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2017, 07:33:32 PM »

We haven't won a Suepr Bowl since 2010. Lack of a running game is a big reason why.  Right now they have zero running game. Montgomery isn't going to cut it and relying on a rookie is foolish.  seem to have forgotten how this offense has struggled without a threat at running back.

Didn't Lacy have a couple of good years as a rookie and a 2nd year player?

I think a rookie (if it's the right "make" of runner) paired with Monty would be effective enough to make this offense work just fine.
Yes, but for every Lacy, you have a Brandon Jackson/Alex Green who failed.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2017, 09:25:34 AM »
I don't know where McGinn got his info on Lacy's weight, but just saw this video from him signing in Seattle:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/16/14943472/eddie-lacy-sends-message-to-seahawks-fans

Doesn't look like 267 lbs to me.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2017, 10:54:34 AM »
Ricky,

I don't wish Eddie Lacy ill will. His story is touching with what his family went through. I don't value the RB position in today's NFL the way it used to be. I also don't think he's the best fit for our offensive line. Put that money into extending guys who are up next year that make more sense.

Advante Adams
Ha Ha (although we probably exercise our 5th year option on him)
Burnett
Lane Taylor

IMO, that is money better spent.  twocents)

Advante Adams... lol. clap)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2017, 10:46:12 PM »
Lacy made hit his target at his first weigh-in:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19388895/eddie-lacy-seattle-seahawks-weighs-253-earns-hefty-55k-bonus

Sounds like a pretty lax schedule for Eddies to earn some extra cash, but I guess it takes what it takes. Now that he plays for a rival, and since he now plays for the “regional team” in the Pacific Northwest, I’ll be watching to see if his commitment wanes as time goes on.

It will take a sustained commitment and hard work to keep that weight off, particularly for somebody that appears to have the metabolism and eating habits to pack on the pounds. Of course, the sea-slugs off-season nutritional program probably has regular doses of ‘roids, to help suppress the appetite. We shall see ...