November 20, 2017, 03:13:01 AM

Author Topic: Peppers Sign with Carolina  (Read 4895 times)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: Peppers Sign with Carolina
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »
I hope they gave him 8 or 9 a year. That way we'll get a comp pick.

The number I saw was $3.5M, up to $4.25M with incentives.

Yes, I knew it was wishful thinking. I didn't want him back anywhere close to what they gave him. Great guy, wish him well, except against us.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2017, 07:34:53 PM »
The number I saw was $3.5M, up to $4.25M with incentives.

Thanks, Lode. 

That seems like a reasonable, fair price.  I'd been thinking that if he was in the $2.5-3 range, I could see the Packers signing him and it being fair value for his present usage.  I was thinking that $4 or more was too rich for my amateur sense.  So $3.5-4.25 maybe a hair high, but that seems pretty fair-market for what role he can still provide even now. 

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2017, 06:49:22 AM »
I'm sad about this. It was great having Peppers on the team. We'll miss his playmaking ability.

Indeed...some of us will.

Indeed.  His play was a lot better than some think given what his role on the team frequently was as an interior pass rusher on third down.  Made it a lot easier on the guy playing OLB.

I am disappointed to see him go, but at the money he got it is probably the right move.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2017, 11:15:37 AM »
I'm pretty new here, but is it common for new threads to be opened while the exact same subject is being discussed in another thread?

Unfortunately straying away from a thread title subject happens and then the discussion loses continuity.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2017, 10:37:45 PM »
Panthers get him for a song.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article137949863.html

Julius Peppers’ one-year deal with the Panthers is worth $3.5 million, with sacks incentives that could push it to $4.25 million, according to a league source.

Peppers, who signed his contract Saturday, will collect an additional $250,000 if he finishes with seven sacks. The bonus increases to $500,000 for nine sacks, and Peppers will receive $750,000 if he reaches eleven sacks.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2017, 11:01:48 PM »
He wants to retire there so not surprising is it?
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2017, 08:29:13 AM »
I've been hearing we didn't make him an offer.  It was fun while it lasted.  Too bad he couldn't get a ring with us.    :-\

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2017, 10:29:29 AM »
Came across a fact I found interesting along the way.....

Packer Report Retweeted
Mike Ryan‏ @SNFMikeRyan Mar 10
Think about this: Panthers DL Julius Peppers, entering his 16th season, has more NFL Pro Bowls (9) than games missed (6)!

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2017, 12:08:44 PM »
I loved having him in the green and gold, but it makes sense we parted ways. I hope he has a great season and I wish him luck.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2017, 12:10:50 PM »
I loved having him in the green and gold, but it makes sense we parted ways. I hope he has a great season and I wish him luck.

I agree. He could still make plays - but their number had dropped. I'm figuring he wants to retire a Panther and will go into the HOF carrying their colors.