September 26, 2017, 07:55:00 AM

Author Topic: Conner Barwin  (Read 6937 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Conner Barwin
« on: March 09, 2017, 11:44:47 AM »
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/3/9/14868596/nfl-free-agency-eagles-release-de-olb-connor-barwin-should-packers-call

He wouldn't cost TT a comp pick and sounds as if he should be available for about what they would have to pay for Jones and Peppers
If you added  him to the mix then getting a pass rusher out of the draft is a lower priority.  They could get a DB with the lst and get a good tight end with the second

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: Conner Barwin
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 03:27:10 PM »
Interesting. Cant say I've seen a bunch of the guy but he was a force in a few games. He'll be 31 come October.

Online Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 03:23:56 PM »
There seems to have been some contact between the Pack and Barwin.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 03:34:47 PM »
Not getting my hopes up, but Barwin would be a terrific addition to the team. Very solid all-around player and a great locker room guy.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 03:41:51 PM »
Barwin would be a great signing.   

Unless we don't sign him - then he is a worthless bum, overrated, too expensive and hates puppies
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:43:08 PM by ThatGuy284 »

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 04:02:34 PM »
Barwin would be a great signing.   

Unless we don't sign him - then he is a worthless bum, overrated, too expensive and hates puppies

haha, this made me laugh because it is all too true!
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 02:54:44 AM »
He has been allegedly contacted by TT.

The more I look at this guy, the more interesting he gets.  He is comparable in size to Peppers, at 6' 5" and 265 lbs.  And I think he is faster than Peppers.

Plus he can play with his hand on the ground.

I still think we should draft an OLB, but he would be a good guy to learn behind.

I mean, Perry, CM 3, Ryan/Thomas  and then Barwin would be a good LB set.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 05:02:18 AM »
Don't forget 6'5", 245lb Kyler Fackrell, ready to make a year 2 jump.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 05:50:03 AM »
Don't forget 6'5", 245lb Kyler Fackrell, ready to make a year 2 jump.

I'd be more excited about him if he weren't 26
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 07:02:53 AM »
With Peppers back in Carolina it would be nice to get another veteran presence in the locker room.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 07:36:35 AM »
But his age is probably a significant part of why he was available with the 88th pick. I don't like him more or less because of his age, I'd just like him to make a big 2nd year jump.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 07:45:45 AM »
But his age is probably a significant part of why he was available with the 88th pick. I don't like him more or less because of his age, I'd just like him to make a big 2nd year jump.

Correct.  If he makes a big jump, surprising everyone and ends up all pro no one will be talking about his age.  It is about what he will bring in 2017, not 2027.

That being said, I would love Barwin in Green Bay if he can be had for a reasonable deal.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 07:47:27 AM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 07:57:47 AM »
Perhaps the biggest benefit of getting Barwin is that round one (or just possibly round 2) of the draft would not almost have to be a pass rusher.

I used to think that rounds 1,2,3 of the draft were likely to be pass rusher, corner, tight end, in some order. If Barwin was signed, to go with TE Bennett, those first three rounds are much harder to predict. Then it would probably be cornerback, ?, ?. The Packers might still go OLB/CB/TE, even with the additions, but it gives them options to go somewhere else, like WR, RB, ILB, DE.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 08:00:40 AM »
Perhaps the biggest benefit of getting Barwin is that round one (or just possibly round 2) of the draft would not almost have to be a pass rusher.

I used to think that rounds 1,2,3 of the draft were likely to be pass rusher, corner, tight end, in some order. If Barwin was signed, to go with TE Bennett, those first three rounds are much harder to predict. Then it would probably be cornerback, ?, ?. The Packers might still go OLB/CB/TE, even with the additions, but it gives them options to go somewhere else, like WR, RB, ILB, DE.

Agree 100%.

It would allow you to go with true best player available and not draft for need.

Being able to go best player available is a huge advantage- that is how we got guys like Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline SSGCujo

• All Pro
  • Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way! G.Patton
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 08:05:33 AM »
 Barwin would be a good fit in GB. It comes down to cash. Is he looking to strike it big? If he's looking for a good chance to get a ring, GB is the place. Plus, he needs to be in a 3/4, which fit him better than a 4/3.