November 18, 2017, 05:54:39 AM

Author Topic: Pick #33 - from Browns - Kevin King, CB, Washington  (Read 1938 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Pick #33 - from Browns - Kevin King, CB, Washington
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 08:49:58 PM »
So, you have to wonder if SF had taken King ahead of Green Bay, what would Ted have done and/or who would he have taken at #33??

1) Would he have tried to trade back out of the #33 pick and acquire more picks? (which was suggested by several folks)

or,

2) Would GB have taken Foster (who SF took at #31), or someone like Malik McDowell (#35), Zay Jones (#37),  ......... ?? who else?

That's an interesting piece OneTwoSixFive.   thumbsup)

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sending me back LMG, it is alway interesting to re-read these. Unless I missed it, I do not see one mention of Watt in the whole thread.

To your question Danno, about what if SF had taken King? Well it would not have been Foster at 33, he was on the phone with the Saints and they told him they were taking him at 32 when SF traded up and took him. Not many people know who the pick would have been, a number of players would have made sense at that spot. I have always felt Mixon would have been the pick, but we will never know until the CIA declassifies TT draft info and I will probably be long gone by then.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
Re: Pick #33 - from Browns - Kevin King, CB, Washington
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 03:44:16 AM »
So, you have to wonder if SF had taken King ahead of Green Bay, what would Ted have done and/or who would he have taken at #33??

1) Would he have tried to trade back out of the #33 pick and acquire more picks? (which was suggested by several folks)

or,

2) Would GB have taken Foster (who SF took at #31), or someone like Malik McDowell (#35), Zay Jones (#37),  ......... ?? who else?

That's an interesting piece OneTwoSixFive.   thumbsup)

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sending me back LMG, it is alway interesting to re-read these. Unless I missed it, I do not see one mention of Watt in the whole thread.

To your question Danno, about what if SF had taken King? Well it would not have been Foster at 33, he was on the phone with the Saints and they told him they were taking him at 32 when SF traded up and took him. Not many people know who the pick would have been, a number of players would have made sense at that spot. I have always felt Mixon would have been the pick, but we will never know until the CIA declassifies TT draft info and I will probably be long gone by then.
It was in the Day 1 draft thread.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith