September 24, 2017, 11:32:29 PM

Author Topic: Jameslofton's 1ST Mock Draft - I've pegged it :)  (Read 2116 times)

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
Jameslofton's 1ST Mock Draft - I've pegged it :)
« on: March 25, 2017, 07:05:56 PM »
For me a Mock draft is trying to guess who the Packers will choose. Not necessarily who I would choose.
But this is kind of hybrid between the two. Who I hope Ted will pick.
As we all know predicting Ted Thompson's first round pick is nearly impossible, let alone for all 8 rounds.
So here comes my hybrid:

1 - TJ Watt, OLB - feel certain we will spend the top round on a pass rusher. Want Takkarist McKinley, but expect him to be gone despite his injury.
2 - Chidobie Awuzie, CB - We live in a pass happy league and we've lost our top 4 corners over the past 2 years.
3 - Taywan Taylor WR - the last thing I want is a receiver, but Ted always seems to feel differently.
4 - Brian Hill, RB - I'm not in love with Brian Hill, but he seems to be like the type of back Ted generally drafts.
5A - OL - beyond the 4th I have no clue who, but I have feelings for position and we typically go 4th round for OL, so close.
5B - CB
6 - OLB
7 - DE - we often seem to go for some big guy near the end

Online SSG

• HOF Member
Re: Jameslofton's 1ST Mock Draft - I've pegged it :)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 08:51:56 PM »
I'd love almost any draft that starts with those 2 selections.

Not sure how I feel about WR in the 3rd but the position group could get interesting this next offseason with Adams pending Free Agency.  I'm not sure GB is going to pay 3 WRs 12+ million a season. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »
My 2nd updated mock, which ever is closest I'll claim credit for:

1) Tyus Bowser - OLB - good production, tested very high, good at rushing and bending, and good in coverage too. My only knock is his is too light to play OLB -- but his potential makes TT think he is worth the chance. Plus, with a name like Bowser he's gotta be good.

2) Cameron Sutton - CB - Decent size and speed. Great coverage skills. Will need to get stronger and hope he isn't forced to cover Dez Byant, but which rookie could? Lets let House do that.  I would have  liked Chidobe, but I expect him to be gone.

3) Julie'n Davenport - G - too tall you'd think to play guard, but that's where I see him. Packers like converting tackles to guard. Durable, long arms, team captain.

4) Brian Hill, RB - I'm not in love with Brian Hill, but he seems to be like the type of back Ted generally drafts. First-team All-Mountain West honors.

5A) Vince Biegel - OLB - more fast than strong. Team captain. Kind of a Frank Zombo type.

5B) Shquill Griffen - CB - clocked fast, but doesn't play fast, more of a strong, hard nosed kind of guy despite grading out in the top 5 in the 40, broad jump and Vertical jump.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »
It's interesting how you can get locked into a guy in the draft. I have several that have appeared in countless of my fanspeak mocks. CB Moreau, Edge rusher McKinley, CB Brendan Langley, edge rusher Ejuan Price, center Pat Elflein, for example.

My RBs are generally one of three, Samaje Perine, Jeremy McNichols or Jamaal Anderson.

All of Watt, Bowser, Davenport, Awuzie and Taylor are interesting picks. I like them, though Bowser worries me just a little, good first step, very athletic, but with his gifts the production should have been better. The Packers are said to be interested in Davenport (which probably means nothing more than they were seen talking to him), not many guys have 36.5" arms, that's freakish, even on a 6'7" guy - and his athleticism isn't too bad.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 10:24:37 AM »
Bowser worries me just a little, good first step, very athletic, but with his gifts the production should have been better.

I agree we tend to zero in on a guy and I have a strange hunch TT is zeroing in on Bowser.
He had very descent production
Tackles: 137
Sacks: 22.5
Int: 2
F-Fumbles: 3

He thrived his senior year despite being limited to eight games (because his friend punched him in the eye) leading the Cougars with 8 sacks.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 11:41:07 AM »
I agree we tend to zero in on a guy and I have a strange hunch TT is zeroing in on Bowser.
He had very decent production
Tackles: 137
Sacks: 22.5
Int: 2
F-Fumbles: 3

He thrived his senior year despite being limited to eight games (because his friend punched him in the eye) leading the Cougars with 8 sacks.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of the missed time. That accounts for the dip in production. Thanks, jl.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"