September 24, 2017, 11:32:20 PM

Author Topic: CBS 7 round mock draft  (Read 708 times)

Online SSG

• HOF Member
CBS 7 round mock draft
« on: April 21, 2017, 06:47:04 PM »
Round   Overall   Player   Notes
1   29   Traded to Baltimore   
2   47   CB Chidobe Awuzie   from Baltimore*
2   61   OG Taylor Moton   
3   74   RB Kareem Hunt   from Philadelphia through Baltimore*
3   93   C Tyler Orlosky   
4   134   ILB Anthony Walker Jr.   
5   172   WR Mack Hollins   
5   182   OLB Ejuan Price   
6   212   CB Jeremy Clark   
7   247   S Lorenzo Jerome   

The Packers' biggest need is at cornerback, but with a couple of offensive playmakers sliding to the end of the first round, they're able to trade down and pick up an extra Day 2 pick before filling that need with Awuzie, who's garnering first-round buzz as a player who can line up outside or as the slot corner while holding his own in man coverage. He also contributes as a blitzer when called upon and can help on special teams.
After losing T.J. Lang and JC Tretter in free agency, the interior of the offensive line is the focus on Day 2, with Moton looking like a potential Week 1 starter at right guard who can keep Jason Spriggs in a swing-tackle role, while Orlosky fits as a backup to Corey Linsley. In between those picks, Green Bay lands a running back with sure hands in Hunt to form a committee with Ty Montgomery and possibly Christine Michael.
The Packers get some potential value in the fourth and fifth rounds with two linebackers, one to rush on the outside in a depth role and one to mix into the rotation inside, as well as a quality receiver to provide depth for Aaron Rodgers. Two more depth options are added to the secondary late.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-seven-round-mock-draft-every-pick-trade-and-draft-class-for-all-32-teams/
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Online SSG

• HOF Member
Re: CBS 7 round mock draft
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 07:03:09 PM »
I like the idea of trading down and gaining an extra 3rd round pick but I don't like this draft at all (not sure they got enough value for the 18 spots they gave up).

Like the Awuzie pick but that's where it ends for me.  Don't like adding 3 offensive players in our first 4 picks.  Can't stand that he waited until the second 5th round pick to add an edge rusher and I don't like that prospect.  He's a midget for his position and didn't grade out as an overly explosive athlete.  I think he's going to struggle. 

The one pick I do like after the Awuzie pick is the Jeremy Clark pick.  He's not on a lot of radar's right now because he was lost early last year due to injury.  He's tall, long and is a good athlete.  IMO, we'd be talking about him in the top half of the draft if not for injury.
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: CBS 7 round mock draft
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:12:35 PM »
I'm glad you said it. That draft didnt light my fire at all. TAKE THE TALENT. THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS.