September 25, 2017, 07:18:33 PM

Author Topic: 4th day of the 'draft'  (Read 1211 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
4th day of the 'draft'
« on: April 24, 2017, 08:59:30 PM »
Really is there anything new we can say that hasn't been said many times before?  Let's talk about what some call the 4th day of the draft, the mad scramble to sign free agents.

Below is a list of some of the players the Packers have had in for interviews.  The Journal Sentinel will have a list, probably on Thursday with a few more names.   I know they talked with an O lineman from Whitewater who will get a chance to play guard

I can't say any of the players listed below jump out at me, based on what little info I have on them.  Based on what we know I am a little surprised they haven't had in more tight ends . RR is gone after this season if not before and Kendricks is on a 2 year deal.  Given this and the depth of the position this seems like a good year to bring in a practice squad player.

Anyone below catch your eye-Do you want to take a flyer on anyone else?

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/nfl-draft-2017-packers/2017/3/30/15114062/packers-pre-draft-visit-tracker-2017-follow-reports-of-private-workouts

Offline UWSP 88

• Rookie
Re: 4th day of the 'draft'
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 05:37:15 AM »
Thank Mancl for getting this going, I usually check this website for updates when it comes to seeing which UDFA have sign and with whom.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/

They are usually very fast with the postings and mostly accurate, a couple times have seen them post a signing only to take it back down.  Still one of the best on Day four.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 09:55:20 AM »
posted this in another thread but applies here:

cbs sports has a good article on 128 FBS players that could go undrafted or be drafted late.  From that list there were a few OL that looked intriguing after digging into their profiles on the interwebs.  All would profile to play guard---

OT/OG/C Andrew Eide - BYU (think he profiles as a great late round addition - 6th round on but could go undrafted)

OG Kofi Amichia - S. Florida

OG Kent Perkins - Texas

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 01:16:18 PM »
Drew Morgan WR Arkansas
Seth Russell  QB  Baylor
Marquel Lee, MLB  Wake Forest

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:28:05 PM »
I'm keen (like a lot of us) to trade down into the beginning of the 2nd and snag another 4th or 5th rounder. I feel like there will be a ton of good value before Minnesota picks in the 2nd round.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 10:09:52 PM »
Really is there anything new we can say that hasn't been said many times before?  Let's talk about what some call the 4th day of the draft, the mad scramble to sign free agents.

Below is a list of some of the players the Packers have had in for interviews.  The Journal Sentinel will have a list, probably on Thursday with a few more names.   I know they talked with an O lineman from Whitewater who will get a chance to play guard

I can't say any of the players listed below jump out at me, based on what little info I have on them.  Based on what we know I am a little surprised they haven't had in more tight ends . RR is gone after this season if not before and Kendricks is on a 2 year deal.  Given this and the depth of the position this seems like a good year to bring in a practice squad player.

Anyone below catch your eye-Do you want to take a flyer on anyone else?

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/nfl-draft-2017-packers/2017/3/30/15114062/packers-pre-draft-visit-tracker-2017-follow-reports-of-private-workouts

Potential Undrafted Free Agents to be signed after the 2017 Draft:
RB; Joel Bouagnon; Northern Illinois U - Packers have met with him already.
OL; Kofi Amichia; U-South Florida - Packers hosted him for an official visit.
OLB; Karter Schult; UNI - Position coach was former Packer Bryce Paup.
CB; Jack Tocho; NC State - Developmental prospect who could make the 53 man roster.
RB; Aaron Jones; UTEP - Good running back who could go undrafted because of draft depth at RB.
TE; Brandon Barnes; Alabama St. - Very raw but has the size and athleticism teams looks for.
WR; Jhajuan Seales; Oklahoma St - Has size and explosiveness, but needs work on routes.
WR; Krishawn Hogan; Marian (IN) - Man amongst boys at the NAIA level. But has the physical tools.
ILB; Eric Wilson; Cincinnati - Interviewed with Packers. Tested well at his pro day.
S; Fish Smithson; Kansas - Smallish Safety who plays with smarts and instincts. Great college numbers.

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 08:35:45 AM »
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/04/25/mixon-wrs-highlight-packers-pre-draft-visits/100884378/

The name that caught my eye was Galladay. Typically they bring in late rounders and free agent types but I have seen him ranked in 4th/ 5th round area.   Make of that what you will.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 05:41:29 PM »
This is pretty interesting to look back at now. Of the 30 pre-draft visits the Packers had, 11 were drafted. By rounds they were;
2nd Joe Mixon RB
3rd Kenny Golladay WR
3rd Chad Williams WR
4th Tarik Cohen RB
4th Samson Ebukam EDGE
5th DeAngelo Yancey WR  Packers
6th Jordan Evans LB
6th Kofi Amichia OL  Packers
7th David Moore WR
7th Keion Adams EDGE
7th Devante Mayes RB  Packers

Only 4 of the other 19 signed udfa contracts with the Packers. In past years these visits were almost exclusively guys who would go undrafted.