November 19, 2017, 08:21:22 AM

Author Topic: CB Gareon Conley, Ohio State, accused of rape  (Read 2427 times)

Offline rock county

• Starter
CB Gareon Conley, Ohio State, accused of rape
« on: April 25, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »
http://nyp.st/2oGONVx

CRAP!!! What are these guys thinking?!

There's no good outcome to this! He either committed a crime , a serious one, or this woman made this story up looking for a quick "shut up" settlement?!

Does he even get drafted now?   I don't know what to think until more facts come out.

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
Re: CB Gareon Conley, Ohio State, accused of rape
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »
I always hate it when the story comes out the day before or day of the draft. Crazy. How are you suppose to check the validity in one day? I had him on my short list. Now what?

Offline SSGCujo

• HOF Member
  • Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way! G.Patton
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 02:39:14 PM »
 The people that were with the two, told police that they were never alone together. This sounds crazy, if you read the link.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »
The timing is suspicious. more than that, who knows ?
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 02:49:16 PM »
Mixon, Sydney Jones, Conley?  Hard to say where they'll go, but this might be the greatest second round draft of all time. 

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »
Mixon, Sydney Jones, Conley?  Hard to say where they'll go, but this might be the greatest second round draft of all time.

Mixon will go to Oakland at #24.  Yup.  First round.

Hard to say what happens to Conley now.  Any team that was thinking of taking him should be paying private investigators to find out what the deal is, if they didn't already know on April 10.  Personally, I would take him off my board since even though this will settle without jail time. Who needs that circus.

I feel this falls under the category of "you can't fix stupid".  Conley's agent should have been on him to keep his nose clean, and lay low until after the draft. Instead he picks up a total stranger in the elevator at 3 am.  What could possibly go wrong with that?   And what woman meets a guy in the elevator at 3 am and goes back to his room?  What was she expecting?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:30:29 PM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 03:39:09 PM »

Could be. Anybody's guess at this point.

From the Raiders page @ NFL.com:

is ESPN draft Insider Mel Kiper, Jr., who has the Oakland Raiders selecting LSUís TreíDavious White with the teamís first round pick. White has been a popular name in mock drafts this season, and has been labeled a quality first round talent throughout the majority of the evaluation process.

Following the first round, Kiper has the Raiders selecting Carlos Watkins out of Clemson to add a physical presence on the defensive front.

The player that catches my attention on Kiperís three round draft list is running back DíOnta Foreman out of the University of Texas. In 2016, Foreman carried the ball 323 times and ran for an absurd 2,028 yards to coincide with 15 touchdowns.

Reuters has it this way:

Oakland Raiders

Round 1 (24) Kevin King, CB, Washington
Round 2 (56) Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn
Round 3 (88) Aviante Collins, T, TCU

I think they'd call that a crapshoot....or anybody's guess  :)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:41:21 PM by Leader »

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »

Could be. Anybody's guess at this point.

From the Raiders page @ NFL.com:

is ESPN draft Insider Mel Kiper, Jr., who has the Oakland Raiders selecting LSUís TreíDavious White with the teamís first round pick. White has been a popular name in mock drafts this season, and has been labeled a quality first round talent throughout the majority of the evaluation process.

Following the first round, Kiper has the Raiders selecting Carlos Watkins out of Clemson to add a physical presence on the defensive front.

The player that catches my attention on Kiperís three round draft list is running back DíOnta Foreman out of the University of Texas. In 2016, Foreman carried the ball 323 times and ran for an absurd 2,028 yards to coincide with 15 touchdowns.

Reuters has it this way:

Oakland Raiders

Round 1 (24) Kevin King, CB, Washington
Round 2 (56) Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn
Round 3 (88) Aviante Collins, T, TCU

Aw, who are you going to believe?  The experts or me- just some guy on the internet? >:D
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 03:45:55 PM »
:)

I tell ya....by this point, its nothing but brain salad up top!
Just want this thing to get done now. Pick somebody would you please?  LOL

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 03:58:40 PM »
ughhh what a mess.  Kid really screwed up.  This information just came out today so what is a team supposed to do?  This will probably drop him at least 2 rounds possibly more.  Can you say free fall?  That is what is going to happen to this kid.  This incident is going to cost him.  Maybe it is all just BS but doesn't matter where there is smoke?  If I were a GM would promptly remove him from my board.  Don't need this kind of trouble.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »

Someone is going to get a first round talent in the fourth round.

Then they are going to have to settle a lawsuit.

This guy's agent did not do well by him.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 04:58:28 PM »
I don't know Greg.  At this point the kid is undraftable.  Not sure what his options are.  Nothing can happen until the investigation is completed and he is cleared.  If a settlement so be it.  Don't think GM's have a choice can't draft a kid with this hanging over him.  It's even worse than the Mixon fiasco.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 05:08:58 PM »

Someone is going to get a first round talent in the fourth round.

Then they are going to have to settle a lawsuit.

This guy's agent did not do well by him.

A lot of assumptions here. That he won't be put on trial, or face jail time for rape. That there won't be a league suspension. That he'll be drafted. That this will all be settled with money- and the ugly assumption behind that belief. And finally, there is the very odd condemnation of his agent. Why is he being blamed? The alleged incident happened about two weeks ago. Here is a summary of the situation:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802454/article/police-investigating-gareon-conley-after-rape-accusation
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline WTX_Cheese

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 05:11:25 PM »
Hopefully this isn't true for everyone involved. Don't know where he lands after this, but the timing seems a little suspicious.